Build Bamboo Wall

Hello,

I would like building a custom wall of a meter high to retain the ground of my land do you think that building a wall with big bamboo became deeply can last very long, should I sink the bamboo in concrete rather than the ground ? Is the bamboo rotten very fast with rain and inside the ground?

Thanks you very much J

Hi,

But if recover the bamboo of tar or any other grease/resina/painting before you put them in the soil, don't you think it could last longer ?

And if you spread concrete and put bamboo inside, then bamboo won't be in contact with water ?

I'm thinking that the problem is about the bamboo part which is in ground, but the bamboo part which is outside (the bamboo wall that you can see) won't rot so fast ?

Just few ideas.

How about using/recycling old car/truck tyres.

hmm good idea fill'em with dirt or rock and plant something to cover...otherwise a bit unsightly...

alternatively concrete pipe sections filled with rock/dirt? ..seen it done.. seems effective.

...curious ..why OP can't you use reinforced concrete??

don't think I would bother trying to use bamboo ( flexible!) unless it's purely to reinforce concrete instead of steel