Mozilla Launches Firefox 4.0

Supernova

Anyone feel like 4.0 is more sluggish? Seems like tabs open and close slower. Chrome definitely feels quicker. Only reason I keep using Firefox is the bookmarks sidebar and Chrome seems to have issues with Java on my mac. I like them both though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just started using FF4 but now I do not have the little "GO" tab at the bottom right corner next to the forum topics. I have to go to the top click "Thailand Forum" & then go to the forum I want.

Edited by Valentine

I'm still hanging on to XP. Tried vista and 7 , but didn't like them.

Always used Firefox, but the 3.6 version puts bitmap files of jpeg photo's

you download from websites, in your temp file and these big bitmap

files don't go away by them selves.

So sticking to 3.5.17.

My question for XP users: has this problem been solved in FF 4?

thanks

Sounds to me like another problem unrelated to Firefox. This used to be a problem with IE before also ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810978 ).

Regarding the temp files not going away themselves, they should do. Try running a clean up program such as CCleaner.

I'm still hanging on to XP. Tried vista and 7 , but didn't like them.

Always used Firefox, but the 3.6 version puts bitmap files of jpeg photo's

you download from websites, in your temp file and these big bitmap

files don't go away by them selves.

So sticking to 3.5.17.

My question for XP users: has this problem been solved in FF 4?

thanks

Sounds to me like another problem unrelated to Firefox. This used to be a problem with IE before also ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810978 ).

Regarding the temp files not going away themselves, they should do. Try running a clean up program such as CCleaner.

No problem with IE nor FF 3.5.17 or earlier. The bitmaps are not in Temporary Internet Files but in the temp file.

The microsoft page (kb 810978) , doesn't help.

Guess I have to try FF 4 , to check.

Just for your information. There is a cloned Firefox browser called 'Pale Moon'.. There are cloned versions for both version 3.6.15 and version 4.0 of Firefox. Supposedly it runs faster because it uses CPU specific optimizations. Also their 4.0 clone brings back some functionality of 3.6 and provides some enhancements of 4.0.

If interested you can check it out here:

http://www.palemoon.org/

The normal box for selection and go is still there. Try clearing cookies and CRTL=F5 to see if that helps.

Any suggestions on which cookies, as some are useful, to clear or should I just clear them all. Clearing the cache did not help.

The normal box for selection and go is still there. Try clearing cookies and CRTL=F5 to see if that helps.

Any suggestions on which cookies, as some are useful, to clear or should I just clear them all. Clearing the cache did not help.

ThaiVisa.com

ThaiVisa.com

Did not work.

It does that for me.

I wanted to take a screenshot but when I click on the sniping tool the URL list disappear again :rolleyes:

Edit - just remembered the old shift-printscreen ....

post-1539-0-37206000-1301563455_thumb.pn

Used to use ScreenGrab (and still listed in my add-ons) but not showing the usual icon in the bottom right - anyone know how to get it back ?