The 10.000 Bahts Fine For Tourist Feeding Elephants

surayu

I have just watched on tv (EuroNews) a short spot where they show a fundraising operation in Bangkok, with many elephants painted and holding money boxes and tourists putting money into them, i guess the message was very clear, so what will happen to all the tourists coming in Thailand and feeling it's ok to give the owner of the elephant some cash??

Also on the BBC there is a costant advertisement about thai fashion in Thailand, they are really bombarding the viewers with soooo many repeats, still, no mention about the risks we are currently experiencing......

I understand it is against the law to bring elephants into the city for begging but as long as police get to fine tourists 10,000 baht each, they will look the other way..

Did you know if you get accused of shoplifting at the airport, you will be locked up in a short time hotel, introduced to a fake lawyer, pay the police 250,000 cash, then let go without a receipt.

If you taxi around in the Thong Lor area, there is a good chance you will be pulled from a taxi and get an illegal search.

This is all part of the TAT tourist promotion...

Surayu and PaulJones - are you related and have you ever done a google on ADD?

HappyRobert, apart from being informed of the facts and writing on TV we are not related, what about you? are one of those fellongs which brags to not to have any westerners in his circle of friends and tell tourists to feed the elephants and take a ride on the Pattaya jet-sky ? :lol: i don't get the thing on the "ADD" though (??) can you elaborate further? thanks.

What risks are we currently facing from Thai fashion?

mmm good question :lol: as clothes are usually very tight, you might develop problem with your blood circulation which by coincidence can make your heart explode, but that's a natural event.

Ok, the mean to point out at the many and constant repeats of advertisements spots which intend to attract people to Thailand (on foreigner tv channels), is to let other notice that there is a self imposed censorship on the many troubles a tourist could incour while here, these people only looks at their revenues and just keep hydeing even the so deadly recent events, that's irresponsible to say the least.

I am sorry but I totally fail to see the relevence between the title of the thread and the content of the post. Is there some sort of cryptic message in there somewhere?

Age can play funny tricks sometime, eh eh, i will try to explain it to you.

Example 1 : A family in the west is watching tv, suddenly this happy video of tourist having fun between dancing elephants in Bangkok came up, they all see foreigners and thai alike giving money to the elephants, ergo, that should be perfectly ok, dad & mom think it will be great to take the kids for a holiday in such a welcoming environment, the kids think it would be great too.

They are now all in holiday in Thailand, kids spot an elephant and run to give some cash to the mahout, almost at the same very moment a Royal Thai Police Officer approaches dad, the kids notice daddy giving lots of banknotes to the officer and think "ohh look how good is the police here, they are helping dad to count these strange banknotes !"

Are you able to see some relevance now? if not, just head to Bangkok and buy some bananas for the elephants, so you can have a real feel for it :D

I am sorry but I totally fail to see the relevence between the title of the thread and the content of the post. Is there some sort of cryptic message in there somewhere?

This Website just kills me for things like this, there is absolutely no relevence to the thread title & the context of the Post, you're bang on, mental it is..:D

& with regards to the OP, what risks are we currently expose to here ?? :unsure:

I understand that many of us are from different Countries on this Forum & see even what would be the most normal thing to one Person would be very different to someone else because of that but with some Posters, i don't think that they're just from another Country, i go as far as wondering what Planet they're actually from..

what risks are we currently expose to here ??

I would suggest a crash therapy for your case too, don't forget to report back, honestly, why people don't get something, often very obvious,until they experience it first hand?

what risks are we currently expose to here ??

I would suggest a crash therapy for your case too, don't forget to report back, honestly, why people don't get something, often very obvious,until they experience it first hand?

:D

Bwahaha i'm going for Saturn..:D

HappyRobert, apart from being informed of the facts and writing on TV we are not related, what about you? are one of those fellongs which brags to not to have any westerners in his circle of friends and tell tourists to feed the elephants and take a ride on the Pattaya jet-sky ? :lol: i don't get the thing on the "ADD" though (??) can you elaborate further? thanks.

"are one of those fellongs which brags to not to have any westerners in his circle of friends..."

Dude, I read between the lines in my post at least seven times (which was hard to do 'cause there's only one line) and I have no idea where you got that, nor do I know where you misplaced your dictionary, so don't ask.

When I read your original post, ADD, for some reason, passed through my thoughts. Go figure.

But fear not, this thread is actually more entertaining to me than the one about shorts.

This Website just kills me for things like this, there is absolutely no relevence to the thread title & the context of the Post, you're bang on, mental it is..:D

& with regards to the OP, what risks are we currently expose to here ?? :unsure:

I understand that many of us are from different Countries on this Forum & see even what would be the most normal thing to one Person would be very different to someone else because of that but with some Posters, i don't think that they're just from another Country, i go as far as wondering what Planet they're actually from..

Maybe they're from Uranus. :whistling:

I think he was refering to ADHD, same thing.

But the question remains, is it illegal to feed the bloody elephants or not?:rolleyes:

I think he was refering to ADHD, same thing.

But the question remains, is it illegal to feed the bloody elephants or not?:rolleyes:

Yes, they are the same thing, but my limit is three letters, then I lose concentration. :huh:

Look, unless you can prove to be a thai, we are all aliens in this country, whatever the planet you are originally from :D

My point is that there is a lot of good "talk" about the country, but when there is a need to make people aware against even "deadly" dangers, almost nobody is willing to do that, i consider this to be reckless, now, are we all in the same ufo or not? :crazy:

Look, unless you can prove to be a thai, we are all aliens in this country, whatever the planet you are originally from :D

My point is that there is a lot of good "talk" about the country, but when there is a need to make people aware against even "deadly" dangers, almost nobody is willing to do that, i consider this to be reckless, now, are we all in the same ufo or not? :crazy:

:blink: ??

Exploding hearts....painted elephant feeding....fashionable clothing in Thailand.

UFO's?

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life here....

What's a ''fellong''?

Well, the OP is talking about aliens, ufo's and deadly dangers, and he seems to be spelling challenged, so maybe he means "ferengi" those vampire-like characters from Star Trek? Check out his Emoticion on post # 20.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

A "fellong" is a sort of "neologism" i just created for the occasion, it basically describe a "farang" which fall a long way into a state which can only drive him to commit "moral" fellony :D

can we carry on with the elephants now ? :lol: