New Big Bike Models At Bangkok Show

rizla

Just wondering what might be new on the menue.......as i`m considering getting a big bike soon and don`t want to find out that a better choice is around the corner,,,,eg.FZ8 or Kawasaki Z1 etc,,,thanks

Love the Suzukis, but i was informed from their new showroom Suzuki World that the 30,000 baht voucher was only for the show bikes....special promotion for example.

Kawasaki will have the stunning new Z1000 on display but no solid word yet if it will actually be offered for sale in Thailand or what the price might be...

Thank god, 1000 cc at last! Guaranteed, definitive power to "pull away from the pack" as they all crash into each other behind us, the goal we all drool over here, without fear of embarrassment from any woefully underpowered 650s, or, the ultimate indignity, a 250.

THE TRACK!!! We gon' be in boy racer heaven. Can't wait for the aftermarket discussion. Now, what cans will tweak out another 1/2 bph? The sprockets? The shocks?

Gotta take a cold shower now . . . .

Kawasaki will have the stunning new Z1000 on display but no solid word yet if it will actually be offered for sale in Thailand or what the price might be...

2011Z1000inCandyLimeGreen.jpg

2011Z1000inFlatEbony.jpg

They will recieve my deposit for a Ninja 1000 on the spot if max 400k baht :)

400k Baht? Not a chance.

IF the Z1000 comes price will be around 550k Baht.

Ninja 1000 would be a bit more.

If you don't want to wait for Kawasaki Thailand you can always order one from Red Baron.

Ride On!

Tony

2011-ca-kawasaki-z1000.jpg

2011Z1000inCandyLimeGreen.jpg

2011Z1000inFlatEbony.jpg

Versys trade in the future, hey Tony? :D

That Z1000 is nice, I'd rather see the 2011 ZX10R though. Anyone know if it's going to be at the show or subsequently sold over here?

The show starts on Friday (25th) I think.

I would guess kwaker consider ZX10R too high tech for the Thai market, and consider Z1000/Ninja1000 to sell better and at a lower price

The real question is, will the z1000 be limited in any way ? if it comes here ?

I think it is well underpowered as it is, at 138hp.......the cost will have to be very reasonable even at full power.

And what about the current gsxr at 185hp...good value or what? 2 year warranty etc..

Puting the OP back on track...as we seem to be heading down the kawaski route again.......ANY leeking news on other marques...honda yamaha etc..

That Z1000 is nice, I'd rather see the 2011 ZX10R though. Anyone know if it's going to be at the show or subsequently sold over here?

I would guess kwaker consider ZX10R too high tech for the Thai market, and consider Z1000/Ninja1000 to sell better and at a lower price

They've sold the ZX10R here for the last 2 years, although not in large numbers as far as I can tell. The 2011 is a big step forward from the 2010 model and also a bit smaller and a lot lighter, which is why I'd be interested if it's brought over. Maybe better to go to Red Baron though, I'm guessing the 2011 from Kawasaki will be restricted same as the 2010 was whereas RedBaron's bikes are full power and their mechanics are used to working on sportsbikes.

Anyone want to buy my er6n? blink.gif ( when the zed 1000 comes here hehe)

I'll use it for a deposit in my underpants, sorry a zed 1000 naked baby ph34r.gif

Oh yes!!!!!! jap.gifjap.gif

Green and black of course. Slime green conversion ready and waiting 555 biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Keep those good times rolling cool.gif

The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is the only full power motorcycle in the 1000cc class which is still produced in Japan, the Yamaha YZF-R1 is produced in India and the Kawasaki ZX10R, while still being a Japanese product is seriously flying with its wings clipped.

If we review the test from MCN, the competitive power of the Kawasaki ZX10R is in the high revs, which is exactly what is limited in the Thai version of the ZX10R... translating the international MCN test to the Thai version means the Thai ZX10R has less (to other 1000cc's available) mid-rev-range power, and due to limitations to the Thai version has no high rpm power...

The Suzuki GSX-R1000, with its 799,000 THB, and the Yamaha YZF-R1, with 870,000 THB, are probably the better choice in Thailand if you want a real 1000cc motorcycle. The world best MCN 1000cc, the BMW S1000RR costs in Thailand 950,000 THB in the most basic configuration (no fancy electronics), the version MCN tested costs 1,025,000 THB.

If the Kawasaki Z1000 comes available in Thailand it would probably hit a very good market, if the indicated price of around 500,000 THB is correct...

I think it's pretty funny that Red Baron is selling brand new GSXR 1000's for 131,000 Baht LESS than what Suzuki, Thailand is asking :lol:

http://www.redbaronbkk.com/products/item.php?id=110315-0000513

No surprise that the BMW S100RR is once again the king of the liter bikes.

The two Suzuki GSX-R1000's Redbaron has are not 2011 models, still they are a very good deal... I have the idea that they are 2010 models, but since 2010 the GSX-R1000 only changed its paint job... With Redbaron you not have 2-years factory warranty, but with Redbaron (which is probably the most reliable and respected big-bike dealer in Thailand) that should not be a problem...

I think it's pretty funny that Red Baron is selling brand new GSXR 1000's for 131,000 Baht LESS than what Suzuki, Thailand is asking :lol:

http://www.redbaronb...=110315-0000513

No surprise that the BMW S100RR is once again the king of the liter bikes.

The two Suzuki GSX-R1000's Redbaron has are not 2011 models, still they are a very good deal... I have the idea that they are 2010 models, but since 2010 the GSX-R1000 only changed its paint job... With Redbaron you not have 2-years factory warranty, but with Redbaron (which is probably the most reliable and respected big-bike dealer in Thailand) that should not be a problem...

I think they are 2009 models , as they have the older cans, like the one for sale at 59bike?

So if they are, the official suzuki bikes seem to be a better deal as you get a 2 year younger model and a 2 year warranty, oh and the one in 59bike an even worse deal as they import in parts and they want 690,000 baht for it, thats only 10k short of 700,000 baht and for a 2009 with 3 months warranty to me doesn`t look that great......

Edited by rizla

They've sold the ZX10R here for the last 2 years, although not in large numbers as far as I can tell. The 2011 is a big step forward from the 2010 model and also a bit smaller and a lot lighter, which is why I'd be interested if it's brought over. Maybe better to go to Red Baron though, I'm guessing the 2011 from Kawasaki will be restricted same as the 2010 was whereas RedBaron's bikes are full power and their mechanics are used to working on sportsbikes.

RedBaron is still no better, you need to check the serial numbers prior to handing over your money. Some bikes are brought in from Malaysia. Which are also restricted.

The mechanics know how to change oil & filters. That is about it.

You're better off doing the work yourself. Unless you like fixing problems created by the mechanics themselves.

They have sold very few ZX10R in LOS, and thats why I think kwaker wil go for the Z1000/Ninja if they want to market 1000cc again. A natural step up for todays er6n/Ninja owners including me.

as for Red Baron, they source bikes from restricted and non resrticted markets, modify them temporary to pass Thai emission.

Have had unique big bikes previously, and my next bike will be homoleg and spareparts availabe next day anywhere in LOS at reasonable prices. Today thats kwaker LOS only.

The Thai Suzuki Part distributor has all spare parts for the Suzuki GSX-R1000, and lots of other (big-bike) Suzuki's on stock in Bangkok for the same prices you pay in Europe, USA or Japan.

As example article No. 21413-24F30-000 which is a simple Clutch Spring, cost in Thailand THB 160, and a quick search on Internet we can find the same Suzuki Clutch Spring for 5.70 Euro in Germany.

Also the Thai Suzuki Part distributor offers the express delivery service, depending on where you're located, delivery can be from 1 hour to 1 day (depending if they can send a delivery boy on a Suzuki scooter (bigger Bangkok) or they have to use another express delivery service (outside Bangkok)). Regular big bike parts are delivery nationwide in about 2 to 3 days.

Edited by Richard-BKK

The Thai Suzuki Part distributor has all spare parts for the Suzuki GSX-R1000, and lots of other (big-bike) Suzuki's on stock in Bangkok for the same prices you pay in Europe, USA or Japan.

As example article No. 21413-24F30-000 which is a simple Clutch Spring, cost in Thailand THB 160, and a quick search on Internet we can find the same Suzuki Clutch Spring for 5.70 Euro in Germany.

Also the Thai Suzuki Part distributor offers the express delivery service, depending on where you're located, delivery can be from 1 hour to 1 day (depending if they can send a delivery boy on a Suzuki scooter (bigger Bangkok) or they have to use another express delivery service (outside Bangkok)). Regular big bike parts are delivery nationwide in about 2 to 3 days.

A Gixxer would be a nice stablemate to my 999S. My last two dragbikes were Suzuki's (GS1000 & GSX1100 based), many moons ago. Can't be riding the Italian stallion all the time :D

Any update today, re the big bike offers and prices.....many thanks

Just a word of warning, just because it's at the show doesn't mean it's for sale in Thailand. They had a 2010 ZX6R there last year, wouldn't take a deposit and told me it would be here in a few months. It never arrived.

I'm hoping the Z1000 won't be the same story. I probably won't buy it anyway but I think it would do quite well at the 500k baht level. Until it's for sale in the showroom I'd take what the sales guys at the motor show tell you with a pinch of salt.

Thank god, 1000 cc at last! Guaranteed, definitive power to "pull away from the pack" as they all crash into each other behind us, the goal we all drool over here, without fear of embarrassment from any woefully underpowered 650s, or, the ultimate indignity, a 250.

THE TRACK!!! We gon' be in boy racer heaven. Can't wait for the aftermarket discussion. Now, what cans will tweak out another 1/2 bph? The sprockets? The shocks?

Gotta take a cold shower now . . . .

Err..I can't tell if yer taking the piss.... :unsure:

The Z1000 is similar to but not the same as the Ninja 1000. I am kinda hoping they won't offer it.... better for my budget :P

Other than the obvious cosmetics and bit more upright and comfy ergonomics, slightly more lower-end torque, and a slightly greater fuel tank capacity, how is the Z1000 different than a Ninja1000/Z1000sx? Exact same aluminum frame, exact same 1043cc I-4 engine, exact same inverted front forks and adjustable suspension, etc.... (last I spoke to them Ninja650shop was in the process of making sport bars for the Ninja1000)

I think it is well underpowered as it is, at 138hp.......

According to Kawasaki, the Ninja 1000 delivers 10% more peak horsepower than the ZX-6R, and 65% more torque. And it produces the same peak torque as the ZX-10R at lower RPM, which makes that power more usable for typical street riders.

400k Baht? Not a chance.

IF the Z1000 comes price will be around 550k Baht.

Ninja 1000 would be a bit more.

But...and I know they haven't announced any plans to do this... but if they made these bikes in Thailand and avoided the import duties like they have with the Ninja650R/ER6n, then the price would be closer to US price: 320,000 baht. :D

I went to both the local Kawasaki dealers here in California in hopes of throwing a leg over it. Sadly neither carried it. :(

z1000sx28129.jpg

My next bike for sure. B)