Old Song - Let'S Get Together Right Now

buddhalady

I've lived here for five years now - the expat scene used to be a conglomeration of communities, now it's just people wanting to be useful when there are problems, but with no way to join and share ideas. All of us foreigners here, no matter where we come from, need to have ways to communicate with the like-minded, hopefully for the good of all.

I surf the web, looking at other foreign communites across Asia - we all have similar problems - how to deal with situations when we can't speak the language, how to help when it's needed, how to find out what's needed in our seperate communities.

For two years I worked in a mainly disregarded but now defunct English-language newspaper here. Disregarded by many it may have been, but we managed occasionally to get groups of people together to help people who needed it. Phone calls came in to ask for advice - we did our best. Charites needed publication for their events - we tried out best. Problems came up - we tried to solve them, not always sucessfully, but at least we tried.

Now there's nothing, not even a way to seek out those who might have ideas about specific issues which concern many who've arrived here, either for the short or the long-term. This is so sad, and it feels too much like the uncaring upper levels of the societies most of us left.

PMs would be welcome from anyone who's got any idea of how to rectify this vast gap in our ability to communicate with each other when it really matters.

PMs would be welcome from anyone who's got any idea of how to rectify this vast gap in our ability to communicate with each other when it really matters.

Thai Visa? :blink:

To enhance our ability to whinge with each other when it really matters. whistling.gif

Woosh. :P

I think this is one where you have to reed between the lines. :rolleyes: I think it's sufficiently obfuscated, but probably at the expense of clarity.

Woosh. :P

I think this is one where you have to reed between the lines. :rolleyes: I think it's sufficiently obfuscated, but probably at the expense of clarity.

Maybe it's just a plea for some way of getting clarity and passing it on! :ermm:

To enhance our ability to whinge with each other when it really matters. whistling.gif

Let's have your definition of 'whinge'!

From whinges comes the realisation there's something not quite right - or even very wrong. Next comes identifying the problem, followed with attempts by concerned people to find a solution - even it it's only where to buy the best fish 'n chips!

Let's have your definition of 'whinge'!

From whinges comes the realisation there's something not quite right - or even very wrong. Next comes identifying the problem, followed with attempts by concerned people to find a solution - even it it's only where to buy the best fish 'n chips!

Best Fish 'n Chips: Yes.

Preventing an 8th death at a particular hotel: No. ;)