Importing Chocolate/can It Be Done?

marquess

Hey guys! I wonder if anyone can help? I want to import (for personal use) some chocolate into Thailand. You may or may not know the Ritter Sports brand. Well I want the Marzipan ones in plain chocolate. Which for some reason they do not do not stock here. Any ideas?

I have bought Ritter Sport in Foodland several times so it is imported (or at least was) within the last year.

Hershey I would not even class as chocolate (and I grew up having to eat the stuff as it was the only choice in my 50's town). :o

I have bought Ritter Sport in Foodland several times so it is imported (or at least was) within the last year. 

Hershey I would not even class as chocolate (and I grew up having to eat the stuff as it was the only choice in my 50's town). :o

Ritter Sport can indeed be bought in Foodland and Tops, but not the Marzipan one. Which was not that common in England either. Even as I write I am thinking of it's exquisite taste!

Hey guys! I wonder if anyone can help? I want to import (for personal use) some chocolate into Thailand. You may or may not know the Ritter Sports brand. Well I want the Marzipan ones in plain chocolate. Which for some reason they do not do not stock here. Any ideas?

How much do you really need to import?

I found it alot less hassle to get someone to bring over an extra bag full of choc than import it (customs etc)

Just ask everyone you know to bring over as much as they can.

Mine didn't melt either...ummmmm :o

Especially if you get them to pack it in a plastic bag in their check in baggage, it is freezing in the hold of the plane so the chocolate should be alright until you can get it into a fridge.

Alternatively, if you are friendly with a manager of a supermarket that imports this stuff you might try asking him to get an extra box for you.

I want to import (for personal use) some chocolate into Thailand. You may or may not know the Ritter Sports brand. Well I want the Marzipan ones in plain chocolate. Which for some reason they do not do not stock here.

Yes, it can be done. I have sent a lot of stuff to individuals in Thailand for their personal use.

If you send it as letter (not parcel) by postal mail (not a courier like UPS or FedEx), the chances of customs inspection in Thailand are greatly reduced.

Letters to Thailand can weight up to 2 kg. Make it a registered airmail letter. Make sure that the sender affixes the little green customs declaration form CN 22 (available at the Post Office) to the item and declares the contents correctly, for example “chocolate for personal use”, the net weight, the value, and the signature. Unless the price is printed on the chocolate, a lower value can be declared, e.g. USD 5.00. In fact, I declare a low value also when the price is printed on the goods.

Important: do not have too many of these chocolate letters sent within a short period. Allow intervals of perhaps three weeks as a minimum.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok have had the Marzipan now. Found in the kid selection Mini package I bought at Foodland last week. As only one or two of the 9 pieces will be that selection and package costs 107.50 baht it is probably not for someone who needs a daily fix. :o

Especially if you get them to pack it in a plastic bag in their check in baggage, it is freezing in the hold of the plane so the chocolate should be alright until you can get it into a fridge.

Alternatively, if you are friendly with a manager of a supermarket that imports this stuff you might try asking him to get an extra box for you.

Absolutely super cold :o

in the airplain it should be higher than freezing temperatur+freezing is not good for most chocolate, it gets a white surface (looking like funghi infection), it is fat coming to the surface and making microscopic small round bulbs.

It does not change the taste, nor it is any harmfull but it does not look so delicous.

Absolutely super cold :o

oh yes I like the Ritter Sports too (not only because their factory is just 10 km away from my childhood home in Germany), and recently have the RUM TRAUBEN NUSS (rum-nuts-raisins) in the fridge here. a hint: if you want to buy a larger amount, why dont u call the Thai importers directly (their number is listed on the import-button of each Package) and ask them if they would import a box of lets say 50 bars for u next time. and if they realize there is a demand for that MARZIPAN thing, they may even consider to distribute it nationwide in the future.... I think it would be worth a try (even my RUM TRAUBEN NUSS favorite is already available here :o )

oh yes I like the Ritter Sports too (not only because their factory is just 10 km away from my childhood home in Germany), and recently have the RUM TRAUBEN NUSS (rum-nuts-raisins) in the fridge here. a hint: if you want to buy a larger amount, why dont u call the Thai importers directly (their number is listed on the import-button of each Package) and ask them if they would import a box of lets say 50 bars for u next time. and if they realize there is a demand for that MARZIPAN thing, they may even consider to distribute it nationwide in the future.... I think it would be worth a try (even my RUM TRAUBEN NUSS favorite is already available here  :o  )

I like Ritter Sports too, white chocolate with full hasel nut. And many other Ritters too, with joghurt strawberry..hummmmmm...yummy. As my sisters love European Chocolates and I brought many kgs every time back to Thailand, but they enjoy eating Ritter a lot too...reasonable prices and not easy melting. I saw many Ritter Sport every where in our Supermarket, at The Mall, one small cost 50 baht, 10 bahts more than in Europe i think.