19 Palestinians wounded in Israeli air strikes on Gaza

News_Editor

19 Palestinians wounded in Israeli air strikes on Gaza

2011-03-22 22:00:18 GMT+7 (ICT)

GAZA STRIP (BNO NEWS) -- At least 19 Palestinians, including children, were injured Tuesday after Israeli military aircrafts struck different areas of the Gaza Strip, Palestine News and Info Agency WAFA reported.

Israeli tanks fired artillery at dawn at eastern areas of the Gaza Strip, injuring 19 Palestinians including 7 children and 2 women. According to eyewitnesses, Israeli military F16 aircrafts also raided Al-Tawam neighborhood in northwest Gaza and targeted Palestinian businesses in neighborhoods east of Gaza.

The air strikes caused extensive damage to property and homes.

According to Israel Defense Forces, a group of terrorists was preparing to launch an anti-tank missile at an IDF force, which fired on the men, thwarting the attack.

"The IDF warns Hamas not to continue its aggression," the IDF statement said.

The incident comes after Israeli Air Force on Monday struck a terror tunnel and several Hamas militants in northern Gaza Strip in retaliation to recent rocket attacks.

On Saturday, around 50 mortars shells were fired in southern Israeli communities. The Al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas' military wing, claimed responsibility for the attacks and alleged that it was a response to Israel's crimes and attacks in Gaza Strip against militants.

In response, IDF soldiers killed two Palestinian militants who were allegedly planning to plant an explosive device near the northern Gaza Strip fence on Saturday night. Three Hamas security officers, a 3-year-old boy, and a 26-year-old man, were also injured in retaliation fire from Israel.

According to IDF, over 130 mortar shells, Qassam rockets and Grad rockets have been fired from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory since January. From this amount, 56 rockets were fired last week.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-22

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Israeli tanks fired artillery at dawn at eastern areas of the Gaza Strip, injuring 19 Palestinians including 7 children and 2 women. According to eyewitnesses, Israeli military F16 aircrafts also raided Al-Tawam neighborhood in northwest Gaza and targeted Palestinian businesses in neighborhoods east of Gaza.

One word: Zionists

Israeli tanks fired artillery at dawn at eastern areas of the Gaza Strip, injuring 19 Palestinians including 7 children and 2 women. According to eyewitnesses, Israeli military F16 aircrafts also raided Al-Tawam neighborhood in northwest Gaza and targeted Palestinian businesses in neighborhoods east of Gaza.

What are Zionists?

post-37101-0-53025700-1300812309_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

What are Zionists?

The biggest threat to peace in Palestine.

What are Zionists?

That's a definition like chopped liver is a tasting menu.

BTW, if as you say "Zionists" (whatever that means to you which you still haven't communicated) are the biggest threat to peace in "Palestine" (what's Palestine, btw, as it doesn't exist as a nation?) then what is the the HAMAS government of Gaza, the very same who have openly advocated liberating "Palestine" for the Arabs from the Jordan to the sea, are they the SECOND biggest threat to peace in "Palestine" then?

Edited by Jingthing

I am on very friendly terms with a number of Palestinians in Jordan and have helped in empowering Palestinian women in Israel in creating businesses. I have traveled with an American Jew assisting the Palestinians in Israel, and I have personally experienced the rather deplorable treatment some Israeli officials give Palestinians. Other than the military, I really know only one Israeli, a businessman who needs freedom of movement for his mostly Palestinian work force to get to work and keep his company running. He is a pretty good guy.

And having worked with the Israeli military, well, let's just say it was not my favorite experience in working with other militaries. And I think Israel has gone about the whole settlement issue in the wrong way. I also knew a US sailor who was on the USS Liberty, and that colored my opinion at an fairly young age. So if you have to choose which way I lean, without any hatred of Israel, I tend to lean towards the Palestinians (but not those who have tried to hijack the Palestinian question for their own purposes.)

However, and this is a big however, it seems to me that generally speaking, Israel's offensive actions as of late have been in direct retaliation for attacks against Jewish Israeli families. Killing Jewish families has no place in trying to formulate peace. And dancing in the streets in celebration of such murders is really beyond the pale.

I feel for the Palestinian cause (not Hamas, but the people), but I also wholeheartedly support Israel's right of self-defense. If you fire mortars at Israel, you have to expect that the Israeli military will take some sort of action back at you.

I also wonder if actions over the last 20 or 30 years had left Israel with a feeling of security that the Palestinian question would already be solved to the acceptance of all.

For why there is no peace, and no realistic prospect of peace, there is plenty of blame to go around on BOTH sides. Nothing new here and that is something I think any objective person would acknowledge. I don't pretend to have the answer, if their leaders don't, and the world powers don't, we're in good company. Yes I know the UN is making a lot of noise almost all anti-Israel, but that's not a serious solution. They know perfectly well they need Israel's buy in for any plan to actually work.

Edited by Jingthing

I am on very friendly terms with a number of Palestinians in Jordan and have helped in empowering Palestinian women in Israel in creating businesses. I have traveled with an American Jew assisting the Palestinians in Israel, and I have personally experienced the rather deplorable treatment some Israeli officials give Palestinians. Other than the military, I really know only one Israeli, a businessman who needs freedom of movement for his mostly Palestinian work force to get to work and keep his company running. He is a pretty good guy.

And having worked with the Israeli military, well, let's just say it was not my favorite experience in working with other militaries. And I think Israel has gone about the whole settlement issue in the wrong way. I also knew a US sailor who was on the USS Liberty, and that colored my opinion at an fairly young age. So if you have to choose which way I lean, without any hatred of Israel, I tend to lean towards the Palestinians (but not those who have tried to hijack the Palestinian question for their own purposes.)

However, and this is a big however, it seems to me that generally speaking, Israel's offensive actions as of late have been in direct retaliation for attacks against Jewish Israeli families. Killing Jewish families has no place in trying to formulate peace. And dancing in the streets in celebration of such murders is really beyond the pale.

I feel for the Palestinian cause (not Hamas, but the people), but I also wholeheartedly support Israel's right of self-defense. If you fire mortars at Israel, you have to expect that the Israeli military will take some sort of action back at you.

I also wonder if actions over the last 20 or 30 years had left Israel with a feeling of security that the Palestinian question would already be solved to the acceptance of all.

I too have worked with an Israeli defense agency. It is not unthinkable that the Israelis need the Palestinian rocket attacks to justify whatever it is they need to do. There are so many political agendas a work that it is hard to really define the Israeli agenda. Deception remains a primary defense strategy as it was in the days if the Irgun.

If the rocket and mortar attacks become a necessary part of the "Israeli struggle", they will continue one way or another.

If you scroll through these threads for example, the rockets come up time and again to justify whatever the Israelis choose to do. A very slippery slope.

You are again suggesting that Israel is shooting rockets at itself and blaming poor Hamas even though Hamas has claimed responsibility. Frankly, these self-serving "theories" are ridiculous. tinfoilhatsmile.gif

Apparently you believe the Israelis lack the sophistication to make that happen if they need it to happen.

What are Zionists?

And for some crazy reason i always thought Hamas was :rolleyes:

You are again suggesting that Israel is shooting rockets at itself and blaming poor Hamas even though Hamas has claimed responsibility. Frankly, these self-serving "theories" are ridiculous. tinfoilhatsmile.gif

Apparently you believe the Israelis lack the sophistication to make that happen if they need it to happen.

You could consider that theory if Hamas DID NOT claim the responsibility every single time and DID NOT make statements confirming their desires.

“If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck” :)

Edited by kuffki

You could consider that theory if Hamas DID NOT claim the responsibility every single time and DID NOT make statements confirming their desires.

“If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck” :)

You must believe the Israelis lack enough sophistication to make those arrangements. They are in fact the most sophisticated and capable in existence.

I am not accusing them of doing anything. Merely stating that they have the capability and the history of deception.

again, Motive, Opportunity and Cui Bono.

Edited by Pakboong

You must believe the Israelis lack enough sophistication to make those arrangements. They are in fact the most sophisticated and capable in existence.

I am not accusing them of doing anything. Merely stating that they have the capability and the history of deception.

Ok, can you please give a hypothetical how they make Hamas claim responsibility?

And please explain and provide proof to history of deception theory? and opportunity?

Since israel so bad, why would they need a motive? according to your theory

Ok, can you please give a hypothetical how they make Hamas claim responsibility?

And please explain and provide proof to history of deception theory? and opportunity?

You will have to do your own homework but I will mention that they recruit useful agents on the "other" side on a daily basis.

Pakboong, so you do not have any evidence, you do not even have a hypothetical and the only thing you are doing is posting utter rubbish.

Unless you have evidence please stop posting same nonsense theory's or make "mentions" without any evidence or even decency trying to support it

Pakboong, so you do not have any evidence, you do not even have a hypothetical and the only thing you are doing is posting utter rubbish.

Unless you have evidence please stop posting same nonsense theory's or make "mentions" without any evidence or even decency trying to support it

May I suggest you ignore my posts?

May i suggest you do not post unfounded rubbish?

Good luck with that request Pakboong. :D

You will have to do your own homework but I will mention that they recruit useful agents on the "other" side on a daily basis.

"We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves." :(

Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.

"We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves." :(

Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it" (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).

"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."

"We will not rest until we destroy the Zionist entity" stated Hamas leader Fathi Hammad in Gaza on Friday January 2nd 2009

Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its constitution: Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes. (Article 8)

Hamas Covenant

There are some people in Gaza and the West Bank - who benefit by having as much conflict as possible between the Palestinians and Israelis. It reinforces their positions of power - even though their fiefdoms are squalid dry bare-inhabitable scabs of property. They look over the border and see irrigated farms and nice homes. They're jealous and covetous. Then there are the never ending ranks of angry jihadists who egg them on and supply arms. I don't blame Israeli gov't for dealing dynamically with aggressions directed towards them.

Palestinians should start by voting in decent leaders. Concurrently, they should find what their strengths are, and build on them. If they can't generate enough revenue to live comfortably (which they can't, at this time) then accept hand-outs from other countries. There is a wealth of money that donor countries are ready to grant to Palestinians - if/when their leaders quit acting like a**holes.

Another LIE. What a surprise that you have posted another fake quote.

Of the “memorable quotes” featured on MIFTAH’s Web site (some of which have already been debunked in Part I), the following is attributed to one Chairman Heilbrun:

We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves.

Source given: Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983

Investigation: The quote is found on numerous anti-Israel sites, in addition to MIFTAH’s, but the facts do not check out. While Shlomo Lahat was indeed re-elected as mayor of Tel Aviv in 1983, no record was found of any “Chairman Heilbrun.” The quote was traced to a 1988 book, The Hidden History of Zionism, by radical Marxist Ralph Schoenman (dismissed by mainstream historians as a crazed conspiracy theorist), and is one of many bogus quotes in the book attributed to Israeli leaders. According to Schoenman’s footnote, the quote by Heilbrun was hearsay relayed to him in private conversations:

Cited by Fouzi El-Asmar and Salih Baransi during discussions with the author, October 1983

Needless to say, Schoenman’s scholarship, upon which many anti-Israel Web sites depend, leaves much wanting. CAMERA contacted former Mayor Lahat who attested that he has never employed, known or heard of any such person as “Chairman Heilbrun,” and that the reported incident never took place. Lahat also emphasized that he would never allow any of his employees to make such statements, as it completely contradicts his own sentiments about Palestinians.

Summary: Fabricated quote, fabricated source

http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=7&x_issue=21&x_article=775

Exposing False Zionist Quotes II (Quote Busters II)

I too have worked with an Israeli defense agency. It is not unthinkable that the Israelis need the Palestinian rocket attacks to justify whatever it is they need to do. There are so many political agendas a work that it is hard to really define the Israeli agenda. Deception remains a primary defense strategy as it was in the days if the Irgun.

If the rocket and mortar attacks become a necessary part of the "Israeli struggle", they will continue one way or another.

If you scroll through these threads for example, the rockets come up time and again to justify whatever the Israelis choose to do. A very slippery slope.

You claim that the Israelis are behind the rocket attacks, despite various Palestinian Arab militant groups taking responsibility. You do not offer any evidence to support or substantiate your allegation, but instead rely upon blood libel type innuendo. Basically, you have printed an accusation that cannot be proven. Claiming a conspiracy when there is absolutely nothing upon which to base the allegations is simply hate speech and is offensive. Why do you persist in making false allegations that violate Thai law?

The comment below is in reference to this person's comment from a non existant person Chairman Heilbrun. The original statement has not been copied due to its offensive nature that violates Thai law.

It appears that your statement has been exposed as a falsehood, a lie. Will you be substantiating your allegation or will you be retracting your statement and apologizing?

These threads are becoming filled with of statements that suggest to me that some people are seriously disturbed. I am sorry, but making hateful comments and unsubstantiated allegations is not indicative of a person that is emotionally stable. Is it too much to ask that some of you act in a responsible manner, or do you need the state to intervene and to act to prevent the dissemination of falsehoods?

Edited by geriatrickid

You claim that the Israelis are behind the rocket attacks, despite various Palestinian Arab militant groups taking responsibility. You do not offer any evidence to support or substantiate your allegation, but instead rely upon blood libel type innuendo. Basically, you have printed an accusation that cannot be proven. Claiming a conspiracy when there is absolutely nothing upon which to base the allegations is simply hate speech and is offensive. Why do you persist in making false allegations that violate Thai law?

Is not a case that the good Zionists would never do something similar :whistling:

Palestinians arrest al-Qaeda 'poseurs'

Palestinian security forces have arrested a group of Palestinians for collaborating with Israel and posing as operatives of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda terrorist network, a senior official said yesterday.

The arrests come two days after Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon charged al-Qaeda militants were operating in Gaza and in Lebanon.

"The Palestinian Authority arrested a group of collaborators who confessed they were working for Israel, posing as al-Qaeda operatives in the Palestinian territories," said the official, on condition of anonymity.

He said the alleged collaborators sought to "discredit the Palestinian people, justify every Israeli crime and provide reasons to carry out a new (military) aggression in the Gaza Strip."

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/12/07/1038950239070.html

In case of evidence, substantiated allegation vs. blood libel type innuendo and hate speech. the threads here are filled with the latter and i never saw you to say something against. And a lot of this stuff must be for sure against the Thai law.

Is not a case that the good Zionists would never do something similar :whistling:

Palestinians arrest al-Qaeda 'poseurs'

Palestinian security forces have arrested a group of Palestinians for collaborating with Israel and posing as operatives of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda terrorist network, a senior official said yesterday.

The arrests come two days after Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon charged al-Qaeda militants were operating in Gaza and in Lebanon.

"The Palestinian Authority arrested a group of collaborators who confessed they were working for Israel, posing as al-Qaeda operatives in the Palestinian territories," said the official, on condition of anonymity.

He said the alleged collaborators sought to "discredit the Palestinian people, justify every Israeli crime and provide reasons to carry out a new (military) aggression in the Gaza Strip."

http://www.smh.com.a...8950239070.html

In case of evidence, substantiated allegation vs. blood libel type innuendo and hate speech. the threads here are filled with the latter and i never saw you to say something against. And a lot of this stuff must be for sure against the Thai law.

Interesting article there. But i guess you failed to read past the first paragraph.

here is the bulls eye

"The official did not say how many suspects had been arrested, nor where or when they were nabbed."

Now funny that, is not it? They just arrested some men, and those men ALL of them just confessed

blink.gif

Because of course PA would never lie or twist truth, something like they never use civilians as human shields(just to name the few)

"Israeli leader also charged other members of the terror group were cooperating with Lebanon's Shi'ite militia Hizbollah.

The Palestinians slammed the allegation as "totally absurd" and accused Sharon of trying to piggyback on the US-led "war against terrorism" to strengthen his military operations against militants in the territories.

Both the Lebanese government and Hizbollah made similar statements."

Funny enough another lie from PA and another fact twisting statement just to suit their own needs.And interesting enough both so called FACTS come at the same time.

Furthermore, posing as someone to infiltrate the network ie spying is little different to attacking your own and claiming the responsibility. But even going out on a limb and assuming its possible, i did not hear the REAL Hamas or the REAL PA denying responsibility

Edited by kuffki

The comment below is in reference to this person's comment from a non existant person Chairman Heilbrun. The original statement has not been copied due to its offensive nature that violates Thai law.

It appears that your statement has been exposed as a falsehood, a lie. Will you be substantiating your allegation or will you be retracting your statement and apologizing?

These threads are becoming filled with of statements that suggest to me that some people are seriously disturbed. I am sorry, but making hateful comments and unsubstantiated allegations is not indicative of a person that is emotionally stable. Is it too much to ask that some of you act in a responsible manner, or do you need the state to intervene and to act to prevent the dissemination of falsehoods?

I made no accusations. I merely pointed out that they have the sophistication and the capability should the greater good need such. False flag operations are by nature covert and not documented. The committing side classifies the operation and the evidence of it having taken place only exists in the minds of the conspiracy theorists. Many for example believe the attack on the USS Liberty was a false flag operation. Nobody really believes that the Israelis were unable to identify a US warship in international waters but it is officially accepted as having been an accident.

Would you agree in general, that Israel is far to sophisticated to make that kind of mistake? Or, do you take them for a bunch of bumblers who would be that careless with so much at stake. I for one am sure they are too capable to make such a mistake but I cannot prove it and will not try.

Would you agree in general, that Israel is far to sophisticated to make that kind of mistake?

Like all of us, they are men, not supermen and we all make mistakes. The fog of war also has to be considered.

However, this incident has nothing to do with the OP, so it looks like, once again, you are trying to throw mud in order to muddy the facts of the actual topic. :whistling:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Would you agree in general, that Israel is far to sophisticated to make that kind of mistake?

Like all of us, they are men, not supermen and we all make mistakes. The fog of war also has to be considered.

However, this incident has nothing to do with the OP, so it looks like, once again, you are trying to throw mud in order to muddy the facts of the actual topic. :whistling:

Fog of war? This was one of the most precise military operations in world history. The entire Arab airforce was essentially destroyed with precision, on the ground during the first day of the conflict. They made no mistakes other than the attack on the USS Liberty and what a huge mistake that could have been.