Three children, one man killed in fresh Israeli attack on Gaza

News_Editor

Three children, one man killed in fresh Israeli attack on Gaza

2011-03-23 02:59:14 GMT+7 (ICT)

GAZA CITY (BNO NEWS) -- Four Palestinians, including two children, were killed and 12 others injured on Tuesday afternoon when Israeli tanks bombarded a house and a soccer playground in Gaza City, Palestine News Network reported.

Palestinian medics said that the four people killed were aged 11, 16, 20, and 50. Twelve other civilians were injured, including four other children in critical condition.

According to the Israel Defense Forces, initial reports indicate that terrorists were among the injured, but civilians who were also present at the site were injured.

"The IDF regrets the involvement of civilians in this incident, however it must be noted that the Hamas terrorist organization chooses to operate from within its civilian population and use them as 'human shields'," the Israeli forces said in a statement.

The statement added that the IDF fired mortars after four projectiles hit Israeli territory. Local sources said that Israeli tanks stationed at the borders fired five shells at a house and a nearby soccer playground.

With violence increasing on the ground and Israeli-Palestinian negotiations remaining at a standstill, a senior United Nations official on Tuesday called for urgent action and said all parties must exercise restraint.

"We urge the parties to demonstrate leadership and rise to the challenge of making a historic peace," Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs Oscar Fernandez-Taranco told a meeting of the Security Council.

"A decisive effort must now be made by the international community and the Quartet to bring the parties back to negotiating the final status issues towards implementing the two-State solution," he added, referring to the diplomatic grouping consisting of the UN, European Union, Russia and the United States which seeks to have two States – Israel and Palestine – living side by side in peace and security within recognized borders.

Talks between the two sides have been stalled since late September following Israel's refusal to extend a 10-month freeze on settlement activity in the occupied Palestinian territory. That decision prompted Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to withdraw from direct talks with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, which had only resumed a few weeks earlier after a two-year hiatus.

Earlier on Tuesday at dawn, at least 19 Palestinians, including children, were injured after Israeli military aircrafts struck different areas of the Gaza Strip.The incident came after Israeli Air Force on Monday struck a terror tunnel and several Hamas militants in northern Gaza Strip in retaliation to recent rocket attacks.

On Saturday, around 50 mortars shells were fired in southern Israeli communities. The Al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas' military wing, claimed responsibility for the attacks and alleged that it was a response to Israel's crimes and attacks in Gaza Strip against militants.

In response, IDF soldiers killed two Palestinian militants who were allegedly planning to plant an explosive device near the northern Gaza Strip fence on Saturday night. Three Hamas security officers, a 3-year-old boy, and a 26-year-old man, were also injured in retaliation fire from Israel.

According to IDF, over 130 mortar shells, Qassam rockets and Grad rockets have been fired from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory since January. From this amount, 56 rockets were fired last week.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-23

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talks between the two sides have been stalled since late September following Israel's refusal to extend a 10-month freeze on settlement activity in the occupied Palestinian territory.

With Zionists will never be peace in Palestine.

Peace would be nice. What's Palestine? Define the borders, if you please. Terminology is important in a discussion, don't you think? Since Israel is packed to the brim with Zionists, what do you propose as a final solution to this problem of these pesky Zionists, as they aren't planning on leaving the area?

Edited by Jingthing

If i say 'Palestine' i am not talking about colonialist map making, but a geographical and cultural region in the so called Middle East that is quite older than any colonialist plans and may have a bright future.

A bright future without any segregation and discrimination by an ethnic or religious group.

Zionism has nothing to do with ethnicity or religion. Its a political movement, some bizarre concept of society/nation building. Its a destructive ideology. brainwashing the people.

Edited by bangkokeddy

If i say 'Palestine' i am not talking about colonialist map making, but a geographical and cultural region in the so called Middle East that is quite older than any colonialist plans and may have a bright future.

A bright future without any segregation and discrimination by an ethnic or religious group.

So what does that mean? You favor a bi-national one state? What about the Zionists? Most of the Jews of Israel are Zionists. If there is no peace with Zionists/Jews, how can your dream be possible with the Zionist/Jews still living there? You talk a lot about this issue but NAILING you down on specifically what you believe is basically impossible. Do you seriously think those pesky Zionist/Jews would actually agree to a pure one state solution, one man one vote when their numbers are so much smaller than the Arabs? Israel already has a large Arab minority, that isn't good enough for you? Have you actually watched any Hamas propaganda lately about how glorious it is to murder any Jew?

Edited by Jingthing

So what does that mean? You favor a bi-national one state? What about the Zionists? Most of the Jews of Israel are Zionists. If there is no peace with Zionists/Jews, how can your dream be possible with the Zionist/Jews still living there? You talk a lot about this issue but NAILING you down on specifically what you believe is basically impossible. Do you seriously think those pesky Zionist/Jews would actually agree to a pure one state solution, one man one vote when their numbers are so much smaller than the Arabs? Israel already has a large Arab minority, that isn't good enough for you? Have you actually watched any Hamas propaganda lately about how glorious it is to murder any Jew?

Please do not equal Jews with Zionists. Thank you.

After a report of children being killed in Gaza here and following on from the recent slaughter of settler children in the West Bank I cannot believe you two are still argueing about the definition of Zionism without yet either condemning or even acknowledging what has happenned here.

After a report of children being killed in Gaza here and following on from the recent slaughter of settler children in the West Bank I cannot believe you two are still argueing about the definition of Zionism without yet either condemning or even acknowledging what has happenned here.

I guess you'll have to believe it then. These days, this is everyday stuff. It's a soft war in that region if you hadn't noticed. If you're asking my opinion, yes, the IDF has every right to go after military targets and yes Hamas does use innocents as human shields. Does the IDF make many mistakes? Yes, they do as tragic mistakes are made in all wars, unlike the tactics of the Palestinian terrorists they do not explicitly target civilians as a policy. I would be a pacifist in a better world. Any casual perusal of the positions of Hamas (which openly does want to kill or kick all the Jews out of Israel) shows it is impossible to be pacifists in that region and hope to survive.

Edited by Jingthing

Please do not equal Jews with Zionists. Thank you.

It is my view based on my definition that the vast majority of both religious and secular Jews in the world are Zionists to a certain degree, because over 90 percent (of all political persuasions) support the existence of Israel as a Jewish state. Obviously, there are different levels of involvement in Zionism and Israelis are the most involved. I also realize my definition may be much broader than others, and certainly yours. But don't tell me about equating Jews with Zionists when you aren't willing to even DEFINE Zionism, or for that matter, define your actual position in some detail about the future of the people in that region. Stop making people GUESS about your definition of Zionism and again, do not lecture me about my definition when you don't have one.

Edited by Jingthing

I think that it is very sad, but not surprising after the recent cold-blooded murder of an Israeli family and 50 rockets launched into Israel by Hamas. It just points out the truth of what Golda Meir said long ago.

"Peace will come when the Arabs start to love their children more than they hate us."

Here is more evidence that defining Zionism, especially in these days when much of the world is like Bangkokeddy and succeeding in DEMONIZING it and making it into an antisemitic slur word, is more important than ever.

http://www.takebackzionism.org/node/add/contribute-view

post-37101-0-00188300-1300837028_thumb.j

Actually, I think you may be getting somewhere in your quest to pull an eel from a barrel of baby oil. Here is Eddie's quote from another thread.

Yes, Rabin as a man of war, that made him to a symbol for Zionism. His peace talks came much later, when he was already an established symbol of Zionism. His peace talks did not made him to a symbol of Zionism.

And so his murder did not target him because he was a symbol of Zionism.

Understand now?

So when Rabin talked peace he ceased to be a Zionist, ergo if Hamas recognized Israel's right to exist and entered into peace talks I guess that every Israeli who agreed to talk would cease to be a Zionist.

Edited by Steely Dan

These resistance fighters conduct their activities and then go home to the family. They know the risks of such a habit.

Or you could look at it that the Israelis are stepping up attacks as a means to negatively influence the Meeting in Moscow.

Talks between the two sides have been stalled since late September following Israel's refusal to extend a 10-month freeze on settlement activity in the occupied Palestinian territory.

What is the point of your comment? The Israelis are not going anywhere. Is your intent merely to espouse hate? Zionism is no less legitimate than Pan Arabism.

My experience has been that westerners do not care about the Palestinians and use the situation to further their own agendas. I am not saying that the Arabs of Gaza do not have a valid point to make, rather what I am stating is that I believe you do not care about them.

Seriously, if you hate Israelis or jews, why don't you just write that? Go on. Don't hold back. Let the people know how you really feel. Don't use the arabs as an excuse to express your inner feeling.

Edited by geriatrickid

These resistance fighters conduct their activities and then go home to the family. They know the risks of such a habit.

Or you could look at it that the Israelis are stepping up attacks as a means to negatively influence the Meeting in Moscow.

In my opinion, the reason for stepping up the the attacks is to dismantle any possible military infrastructure Hamas is trying to build.

First strike was a retaliation to 50 rockets from Hamas, second was to hit the tunnels which used to smuggle weapons. and other military sites.

With the change in Egypt, Egypt no longer controls the weapons smuggling and rather is helping Hamas.

So perhaps to avoid another full scale attack on Israel which Israel would have to retaliate and much much much more civilians would be hurt, Israel is attacking military sites now not to allow rockets or conflict to develop further.

It is clear Hamas does not care about its own people, nor does it care for the peace talks.

Unfortunately during war there are always casualties including kids, but Hamas does not help the situation by having their factory's and storage facilities in between civilian homes, hospitals and schools.

Would you care to comment on the following. In this thread this is a statement from IDF

""The IDF regrets the involvement of civilians in this incident, however it must be noted that the Hamas terrorist organization chooses to operate from within its civilian population and use them as 'human shields'

When Hamas rockets hit Israel or Kill civilians, all we hear is

"Allah aKBAR"

So who is killing in the name of God and who is killing(regretfully) in self defense?

The Gaza border is indeed in a heating up phase.

A small war is starting along Gaza border

What began as a local escalation is steadily transforming into a broader conflict that the sides will apparently have difficulty stopping.

Military officials said yesterday that Israel has no interest in an escalation, which echoed precisely Hamas' statements from the day before. Until the Sajaiyeh incident, it seemed that Hamas was again trying to enforce calm.

Now the picture is once again more complicated. Hamas TV repeatedly showed close-ups last night of the body of an 11-year-old boy, Mohammed Jihad al-Halu, who was killed by IDF fire. Hamas' military wing released a relatively cautious statement, but the other factions have vowed revenge.

The more time that passes and the larger the number of casualties, the harder it will be to stop the escalation.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/mess-report/a-small-war-is-starting-along-gaza-border-1.351223 Edited by Jingthing

What is the point of your comment? The Israelis are not going anywhere. Is your intent merely to espouse hate? Zionism is no less legitimate than Pan Arabism.

My experience has been that westerners do not care about the Palestinians and use the situation to further their own agendas. I am not saying that the Arabs of Gaza do not have a valid point to make, rather what I am stating is that I believe you do not care about them.

Seriously, if you hate Israelis or jews, why don't you just write that? Go on. Don't hold back. Let the people know how you really feel. Don't use the arabs as an excuse to express your inner feeling.

Dear Troll,

I don't equal Judaism with Zionism nor do i equal Jews with Zionists and so i don't equal Israelis with Zionists.

I made that clear more than often.

http://sites.google.com/site/jewsagainstracistzionism/home

Edited by bangkokeddy

Here is more evidence that defining Zionism, especially in these days when much of the world is like Bangkokeddy and succeeding in DEMONIZING it and making it into an antisemitic slur word, is more important than ever.

You are making something up here what i never said and you lie, again.

http://www.takebackz...contribute-view

everyone lie, everyone wrong, everyone does not understand.

Talking about anti zionist T shirts i wonder if he has got one of these as well ? :ermm:

post-6925-0-69495100-1300872379_thumb.jp

Talking about anti zionist T shirts i wonder if he has got one of these as well ? :ermm:

So what do we have here? Ben Bernanke is Jewish and he is head of the Fed - Implication Jews run the banking system.

And you link him directly to Zionism. So for you there is no doubt whatsoever where you stand Jews are Zionists - you are outed racist, thought that is common knowledge due to the persistent use of antisemitic hoax material in your links. :redcard1:

I don't equal Judaism with Zionism nor do i equal Jews with Zionists and so i don't equal Israelis with Zionists.

I made that clear more than often.

http://sites.google.com/site/jewsagainstracistzionism/home

No sir, you have made absolutely NOTHING clear. Maybe you are doing that intentionally and maybe you aren't. Even that isn't clear. Your position on the middle east is totally VAGUE.

So what exactly do you support or oppose?

We know you are virulently anti-Zionist, yet you never define what you do mean by Zionism. You give us some hints, OK. To you left wing Zionists perhaps aren't Zionists but right wing "bad" Zionists are Zionists. Interestingly I also don't like the "bad" Zionists just as I don't like "bad" Palestinian parties like Hamas.

So you don't equate Israelis with Zionists. I suppose that's fair as not all Israelis are Zionists. The Arab ones generally aren't and that's a big group, 20 percent, and you can't blame them. A small percentage of the Jews there are also not Zionists and that is certainly their free right. So I ask again, do you or don't you accept the existence of a sovereign Jewish state of Israel, or not? If not, what PRECISELY do you favor to replace that?

What do I expect from you now? Duh. Yet ANOTHER cryptic insulting non-answer along with a REPEAT of one of the same old links you keep regurgitating here implying they speak for you, when they do no such thing.

How about being a man, and speaking for yourself? Why are you afraid to more precisely define your actual position? If you don't, do not be surprised if people make all kinds of unflattering conclusions about what you really are all about in regard to Jews. Speak up, man, are you shy?

Edited by Jingthing

http://www.takebackz...contribute-view

So what do we have here? Ben Bernanke is Jewish and he is head of the Fed - Implication Jews run the banking system.

And you link him directly to Zionism. So for you there is no doubt whatsoever where you stand Jews are Zionists - you are outed racist, thought that is common knowledge due to the persistent use of antisemitic hoax material in your links. :redcard1:

Midas is nothing but a troll, not even once he posted any REAL source or any REAL evidence or even a half decent argument.

"I Don't Hate Jews - I hate Zionists"

Anti-Zionism = Anti-Semitism!!!

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth."

Antisemitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agreement. So know also this:

anti-Zionist is inherently anti-Semitic, and ever will be so."

Why is this? You know that Zionism is nothing less than the dream and ideal of the Jewish people returning to live in their own land.

The Jewish people, the Scriptures tell us, once enjoyed a flourishing Commonwealth in the Holy Land. From this they were expelled by the Roman tyrant, the same Romans who cruelly murdered Our Lord (Jesus).

Driven from their homeland, their nation in ashes, forced to wander the globe, the Jewish people time and again suffered the lash of whichever tyrant happened to rule over them.

How easy it should be, for anyone who holds dear this inalienable right of all mankind, to understand and support the right of the Jewish People to live in their ancient Land of Israel.

All men of good will exult in the fulfilment of God's promise, that his People should return in joy to rebuild their plundered land.

This is Zionism, nothing more, nothing less.

And what is anti-Zionist?

It is the denial to the Jewish people of a fundamental right that we justly claim for the people of Africa and freely accord all other nations of the Globe.

It is discrimination against Jews, my friend, because they are Jews. In short, it is antisemitism.

The antisemite rejoices at any opportunity to vent his malice. The times have made it unpopular, in the West, to proclaim openly a hatred of the Jews.

This being the case, the antisemite must constantly seek new forms and forums for his poison.

How he must revel in the new masquerade! He does not hate the Jews, he is just 'anti-Zionist'!

My friend, I do not accuse you of deliberate antisemitism. I know you feel, as I do, a deep love of truth and justice and a revulsion for racism, prejudice, and discrimination. But I know you have been misled--as others have been--into thinking you can be 'anti-Zionist' and yet remain true to these heartfelt principles that you and I share.

Let my words echo in the depths of your soul: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--make no mistake about it."

From M.L. King Jr., "Letter to an Anti-Zionist Friend," Saturday Review_XLVII (Aug. 1967), p. 76.

MLK in 1967.

this thread is about the Gaza conflict in 2011.

As relevent today as the day it was written. And you still have not answered two simple questions.

1) What is your definition of Zionism?

2) Do you agree that Israel has the right to exist YES or NO.

MLK in 1967.

Absolutely, it is you who brings up Zionism in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. It is you who refused to clarify it, and it is you who claims to be NOT anti Jewish, yet this letter perfectly describes your position, without you having to define it.

Funny enough, you chose NOT to debate it, or deny it, but rather try to change the subject

MLK in 1967.

As relevent today as the day it was written. And you still have not answered two simple questions.

1) What is your definition of Zionism?

2) Do you agree that Israel has the right to exist YES or NO.

I answered that question more than often.

I even used your beloved Christopher Hitchens as a reference.

There he goes again. Hopeless case.

I think its pretty clear what his position is and where he stands.

The reason for not giving a straight answer is because he knows of the consequences with which he will not be able to scapegoat and dance around.