90 Day Report At Time Of Extenstion

I am going tomorrow to Chaengwattana to apply for a one year extension to my first 90 day non-immigrant O visa obtained in Singapore on 7 Jan 2011. As I have not done my 90 day report yet, I presume I should do this BEFORE applying for the extension? Any thoughts on this?

No. This is your first extension of stay. The first extension of stay, and the first only, is regarded as your first 90 day report. You have to report every 90 days from the day you apply for your first extension of stay, unless you leave the country.

When you leave the country, the clock is reset and the day you re-enter the country it starts ticking again from day 1.

In future you can do it right after getting your renewal- but as mentioned the first time is unique.

if you see someone getting jacked for the maximum fine that will be me since I have failed to 90 day report for over a year despite being warned every 90 days when getting my visa renewal.

Edited by OxfordWill

In future you can do it right after getting your renewal- but as mentioned the first time is unique.

if you see someone getting jacked for the maximum fine that will be me since I have failed to 90 day report for over a year despite being warned every 90 days when getting my visa renewal.

Thanks so much for your timely replies! Off we go...