PAD To Boycott Thai General Election

webfact

I am not Thai so my comment is about something I do not understand (but the Thai on the street doesn't either) but... the country can do without the Yellow or Red party -both looking selfishly at their own agenda/gains and not thinking of the whole country. Like uneducated, spoiled children. (PS, same as the Democrats and Republicans in the USA)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with this their latest announcemet PAD shows their real colors.

It is us in power or nobody else.Sounds like 3 year olds fighting for a toy....................oops I forgot that the majority here has the mental ability of a 3 year old .

but if your 3 yr old had guns, APV and tanks added to ulimited fianacial clout... you may think twice.. Still think its nearing coup time, cant put my finger on the excuse to be used. Thaksin will most probably get the blame....

How can someone call himself "democratic" (People's Alliance for Democracy) and then boycott the most fundamental steps in a democracy: elections?

One can simply not go to vote and by this express his opinion that any outcome is Ok for him.

One can go and vote and in a true democratic move accept the verdict of the majority.

Or one can be against election and thus be against democracy.

I guess we know now where the PAD stands and we better call them "Yellow Shirts", because the are against the "D" in PAD.

It is us in power or nobody else.Sounds like 3 year olds fighting for a toy....................oops I forgot that the majority here has the mental ability of a 3 year old .

but if your 3 yr old had guns, APV and tanks added to ulimited fianacial clout... you may think twice.. Still think its nearing coup time, cant put my finger on the excuse to be used. Thaksin will most probably get the blame....

They aren't in power now .. they haven't been in power in the past (not since their inception) They don't have APV's or tanks .... The last time I saw war weapons publicly in the hands of anyone but the military they were in the hands of reds. The amount of funds frozen from redshirt funding sources certainly show financial clout (nobody has unlimited financial clout.)

(Only offered in rebuttal to an unrealistic post.)

They aren't in power now .. they haven't been in power in the past (not since their inception) They don't have APV's or tanks .... The last time I saw war weapons publicly in the hands of anyone but the military they were in the hands of reds. The amount of funds frozen from redshirt funding sources certainly show financial clout (nobody has unlimited financial clout.)

(Only offered in rebuttal to an unrealistic post.)

In other words, what truethailand says about thailand isn't true. On this occasion and on innumerable other times.

Sondhi was quoted saying "The key yellow shirt leader also called on Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to take a three-year break from politics and to request royal nomination of a new prime minister to head a new Cabinet that consists of people who are more capable and honest than those in the current one

... and a new cabinet selected by who? This may be a token political movement but they are by far the most powerful group in Thailand. If Sondhi is not advocating reds or yellows and hes instructing his minority membership to boycott the elections who exactly does he want in power. I turn on Channel 28 and can still see him spewing his bile to an audiencs, police cant move him, army wont move him... Still say a coup is coming

JD who backs the pad..Who is General Srimuang best mate, who stand defending the supporters of the pad now and at the airport..

How Childish and Immature of PAD, they obviuosly did their homework and realised they would have no effect on the coming Election,and then did a Face Saver,by saying"were not playing now"

Worst part for them is they now have no bargaining power at all, should a Coalition Government become necessary again,

stupid people, and best out of Politics altogether.

Edited by MAJIC

Off topic bickering removed. I am not interested in your personal issues amongst a few members and neither is anyone else. Take it to PM to discuss or don't discuss it at all. cheers

begin removed ...

Still say a coup is coming

Not sure in what country you are at the moment, but in a democracy like Thailand it's perfectly permissable to say 'a coup is coming'. It's in the air probably that makes people say 'a coup is coming'. A few members now have promised me one for a while already. If correct one should be really imminent now, maybe tomorrow with the PAD rallying against three memorandums of Thai-Cambodian Joint Boundary Commission (JBC) meetings tabled for parliamentary approval. Mind you with eleven companies comprising 1,650 police taking care of law and order they may be outnumbered :D

begin removed ...

Still say a coup is coming

Not sure in what country you are at the moment, but in a democracy like Thailand it's perfectly permissable to say 'a coup is coming'. It's in the air probably that makes people say 'a coup is coming'. A few members now have promised me one for a while already. If correct one should be really imminent now, maybe tomorrow with the PAD rallying against three memorandums of Thai-Cambodian Joint Boundary Commission (JBC) meetings tabled for parliamentary approval. Mind you with eleven companies comprising 1,650 police taking care of law and order they may be outnumbered :D

LOL ... too true. There are always rumors of a coup but the most opportune time would have been last April after the reds started tossing petrol bombs. Hard to justify now without a fresh outbreak of red violence that a government fails to control.

BTW the earlier characterization of me as a PAD backer would have been true up until about Jan 2009. Since then I have consistently characterized the PAD as a spent force that keeps trying desperately to come up with a new reason to even justify their existence. They are more and more marginalized daily. Since early 2009 it would pretty much be more accurate to state that I am anti-red/Thaksin/UDD and pretty much pro-government.

BTW the earlier characterization of me as a PAD backer would have been true up until about Jan 2009. Since then I have consistently characterized the PAD as a spent force that keeps trying desperately to come up with a new reason to even justify their existence. They are more and more marginalized daily. Since early 2009 it would pretty much be more accurate to state that I am anti-red/Thaksin/UDD and pretty much pro-government.

Unfortunately it's not possible to discard your PAD affiliation so easily.Its characteristics were very clear before you decided to abandon your loyalty - racist (and rabidly for Sino-Thai supremacy), quasi fascist, reactionary, preoccupied by military and feudal repression at the expense of democracy, disenfranchisement of the Thai rural majority etc etc led by an unsavoury band of eccentric creeps.Just because PAD was politically marginalised and the people who really matter had no further use for it doesn't give its supporters (i.e you) the moral right to distance yourself without some damage.If there was an iota of regret or apology one would let it pass, and I have always recognised the sound principles of the early PAD phase.However you still defend the indefensible, most recently your ridiculous assertion that AOT was responsible for the closure of the international airport.But the question remains how did you let yourself support this appalling group in the first place?

Reminds me of the commies and fellow travellers who even after the crimes of Stalin were public knowledge could not bring themselves to unreservedly condemn the murders, the lies and the extermination camps.

Unfortunately it's not possible to discard your PAD affiliation so easily.Its characteristics were very clear before you decided to abandon your loyalty - racist (and rabidly for Sino-Thai supremacy), quasi fascist, reactionary, preoccupied by military and feudal repression at the expense of democracy, disenfranchisement of the Thai rural majority etc etc led by an unsavoury band of eccentric creeps.Just because PAD was politically marginalised and the people who really matter had no further use for it doesn't give its supporters (i.e you) the moral right to distance yourself without some damage.If there was an iota of regret or apology one would let it pass, and I have always recognised the sound principles of the early PAD phase.However you still defend the indefensible, most recently your ridiculous assertion that AOT was responsible for the closure of the international airport.But the question remains how did you let yourself support this appalling group in the first place?

Reminds me of the commies and fellow travellers who even after the crimes of Stalin were public knowledge could not bring themselves to unreservedly condemn the murders, the lies and the extermination camps.

Don't hold back Jayboy, tell us how you really feel. A Red Shirt lover embracing Stalin as a conversation piece - a natural fit.

The fact is I have said for a long time that the PAD was a marginalized group that had nothing to offer Thailand since they stopped Somchai's government from whitewashing TRT/Thaksin. How you feel about that is irrelevant. Your opinions about the rest could easily earn some of the slurs you use against the PAD, but that doesn't matter. You bringing up old news as if it were important seems to be just an end-run around having the "A Thai general support...?" as a snide remark blow up in your face when the only active duty overt general officer support was for the Reds :)

Your rant about the airport does nothing now just like it did nothing in the past to negate the mitigating factors of the AOT blaming one of their own (publicly-- on the record --- in the press). We'll have to wait and see how it plays out in court, but I have said from the beginning that I predict they are all finally sentenced for criminal trespass and not much else. I also think they'll get hit with huge fines/penalties in civil court. Just like your (imho racist) rant about the Sino-Thai thing with the PAD completely ignores the fact that the leadership and power-brokers feeding PTP and the reds are *cough* Sino Thai. (Yes I certainly do prefer the term Thai-Chinese to the term Sino -Thai.) The fact that it is those very same people running the regional political machines upcountry are the ones doing the repressing of the rural poor makes the whole argument laughable. Since PPP was able to cobble together a coalition in 2007 until today (as PTP), they have done nothing to help the rural poor. They didn't manage to even put together a shadow government to show the people where the current government was failing and to openly suggest something better. That is the duty of the MP's of an opposition party.

Again, The PAD is pretty useless. They have been since 2009. They set a goal. They met the goal. They should have closed up shop.

My opinion on defending the indefensible would be defending the reds and their violent history.

My opinion on defending the indefensible would be defending the reds and their violent history.

We were forced to it. If only you would have given us what we (rightfully) demanded, no blood would have been shed. Obviously it's all your fault. Why didn't you understand that we are right, you are wrong? We told you so, many times. We even shouted it at you many times. How dense can you be ?

The fact is I have said for a long time that the PAD was a marginalized group that had nothing to offer Thailand since they stopped Somchai's government from whitewashing TRT/Thaksin. How you feel about that is irrelevant. Your opinions about the rest could easily earn some of the slurs you use against the PAD, but that doesn't matter. You bringing up old news as if it were important seems to be just an end-run around having the "A Thai general support...?" as a snide remark blow up in your face when the only active duty overt general officer support was for the Reds :)

Your rant about the airport does nothing now just like it did nothing in the past to negate the mitigating factors of the AOT blaming one of their own (publicly-- on the record --- in the press). We'll have to wait and see how it plays out in court, but I have said from the beginning that I predict they are all finally sentenced for criminal trespass and not much else. I also think they'll get hit with huge fines/penalties in civil court. Just like your (imho racist) rant about the Sino-Thai thing with the PAD completely ignores the fact that the leadership and power-brokers feeding PTP and the reds are *cough* Sino Thai. (Yes I certainly do prefer the term Thai-Chinese to the term Sino -Thai.) The fact that it is those very same people running the regional political machines upcountry are the ones doing the repressing of the rural poor makes the whole argument laughable. Since PPP was able to cobble together a coalition in 2007 until today (as PTP), they have done nothing to help the rural poor. They didn't manage to even put together a shadow government to show the people where the current government was failing and to openly suggest something better. That is the duty of the MP's of an opposition party.

Again, The PAD is pretty useless. They have been since 2009. They set a goal. They met the goal. They should have closed up shop.

Deeply unconvincing, and you address none of the issues associated with PAD I mentioned, even calling my reference to the its Sino - Thai agenda "racist".Just more simplistic ranting and weird AOT stuff.Still one can't get too worked up with someone so profoundly unaware of underlying issues.

We were forced to it. If only you would have given us what we (rightfully) demanded, no blood would have been shed. Obviously it's all your fault. Why didn't you understand that we are right, you are wrong? We told you so, many times. We even shouted it at you many times. How dense can you be ?

We even torched Bangkok and numerous other upcountry governmental buildings to prove the correctness of our demands. That we have a number of foreigners defending our policies of mayhem and destruction is proof positive that we are right.

Edited by Buchholz

We even torched Bangkok and numerous other upcountry governmental buildings to prove the correctness of our demands. That we have a number of foreigners defending our policies of mayhem and destruction is proof positive that we are right.

What do this all these contributions add up to?

It's the naivety and lack of historical understanding that takes the breath away.

Notwithstanding the fog of war, it's clear that the bulk of the violence last year came from the government side.I don't think the operation was unprofessional, but a proper accounting is needed.How these farang arm chair warriors "know" so much is mysterious to say the least.Since the departure of Plus I don't see one with knowledge and analytical power.

In political struggle I'm not sure victory necessarily goes to the side which is free of violence, maybe the opposite.I loathe violence but I also know history.Ghandhi would not have triumphed if the Germans or the Chinese were the occupying colonial power.

Unless there is justice is restored to Thailand, maybe the worst of the violence is yet to come.And there are many millions more on one side than the other.

Notwithstanding the fog of war, it's clear that the bulk of the violence last year came from the government side.

See? Like we said, "proof positive."

Edited by Buchholz

Deeply unconvincing, and you address none of the issues associated with PAD I mentioned, even calling my reference to the its Sino - Thai agenda "racist".Just more simplistic ranting and weird AOT stuff.Still one can't get too worked up with someone so profoundly unaware of underlying issues.

No. I simply do not buy into your one-sided and imho hypocritical rants about the Thai-Chinese since they exist on both sides of this political divide as the leaders and your claims about who are repressing people are not based upon the reality of the situation upcountry, with the same political machines that have been there for decades still doing the majority of the repression. As I have said numerous times your opinion isn't important to me. You appear only to take things as you perceive them as being in BKK and fail to look at the country as a whole.

BTW --- prediction number 1 of mine confirmed within 24 hours of that posting above ....

Posted Today, 11:54

Civil Court orders 13 PAD members to pay Bt522 million in compensation for airport closure with 7.5% interest/yr /TAN_Network

Very interesting. but may I ask a question? Have the PAD in the past contested any other elections?

The PAD, like the red shirts, are not political parties, so haven't contested any elections.

The PAD have previously supported the Democrats (or rather, opposed whichever Thaksin party existed at the time), but now support the New Politics Party (except that the leader of the PAD is not a member of the party).

In the 2006 election, I would expect (I wasn't here, so not sure) that the PAD would have campaigned for a boycott also.

Why would PAD campaign for the 2006 election to be boycotted? It was boycotted. By the Democrats.

... Notwithstanding the fog of war, it's clear that ...

As everyone with even a single braincell should be able to see it is very obvious and therefor should not need to be pointed out but for some TV members that bla bla blablabla ...

Somehow I think what you write is your opinion rather than proven fact. IMHO that is :)

Edited by rubl

No. I simply do not buy into your one-sided and imho hypocritical rants about the Thai-Chinese since they exist on both sides of this political divide as the leaders and your claims about who are repressing people are not based upon the reality of the situation upcountry, with the same political machines that have been there for decades still doing the majority of the repression. As I have said numerous times your opinion isn't important to me. You appear only to take things as you perceive them as being in BKK and fail to look at the country as a whole.

BTW --- prediction number 1 of mine confirmed within 24 hours of that posting above ....

Posted Today, 11:54

Civil Court orders 13 PAD members to pay Bt522 million in compensation for airport closure with 7.5% interest/yr /TAN_Network

I have nothing against the Thai-Chinese.It would be absurd given the very successful assimilation.I have however pointed out PAD's Sino-Thai triumphalism, and ethnic identification with the anti-Thaksin middle class.

For those who are prepared to think more carefully than you are prepared to do, Chang Noi provides some interesting background.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/The-symbolism-of-Sondhi-s-hat-30114736.html

Who has the time to follow your "predictions"? People will just remember on the airport issue your crazy ideas about AOT being responsible - something that not even your heroes in the PAD leadership have argued.