Miss Thailand Gives Up Crown

The_Moog

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am well acquainted with the pageantry circuit.  Almost never is the winner "chosen" on the night.  They are chosen several days or weeks in advance, based on who introduced them; who presented them, that sort of thing.  There is often a series of deals; e.g. I am this famous woman who has a lot of soap operas, I introduce this woman; we split the 1m 50 50 then she also commits (in advance) to doing certain ads and so on; while she might get 1m from the pageant, the real money is in ads and endorsements leading to a career - a good female model here of that status (if she got her Thai down in say the next 6 months) could earn perhaps 3-4 times that amount.....

Better get the gossip from some Gay guys then.

Interesting and not really surprising. But maybe she does have a career gig in NY. She is a farang girl in a Thai body, so it must be tough for her to stay here and not be sollicited for sex. Maybe she doesn't like Thailand and decided not to stay.

Can't blame her a bit.

A young sexpot like that wants alot more than Thailand has to offer. Especially in selection of a boyfriend.

Smart broad.

Cannot say I agree; she would have earned more here almost definitely and models are notorious for sleeping around anyway - are you aware of how many foreign models are around - easy enough to hook into 1.

When you say "sleeping around" you mean "sleeping for cash", right ?

You mean you can buy sex from farang models here ? :o

How much is short time and where ???? :D

McKay's supporters dismissed allegations she had posed nud_e and said her reasons for walking away from the beauty queen title were "purely personal".

McKay also said there was no mystery behind her decision to quit, which had been taken because she wanted to continue her studies and her modelling career.

She says she hopes to become a movie-set designer.

"I'm under contract with a modelling agency in New York. I'm willing to step down. I didn't understand the contract when I applied, because I can't read Thai," said Mckay, speaking in English with a smattering of Thai.

McKay - who has spent more than a year travelling and modelling in Europe and America since leaving Australia - said she had never expected to win the title.

"It was just for fun, experience and an opportunity to learn more Thai, and I didn't think I'd win."

=====================================

My wife was reading a Thai article yesterday that said she is in NYC now. Can't blame her at all...modeling gigs, if you are good, run a million (USD) a year and up. Definitely worth trying to get one of those!

Can't blame her at all...modeling gigs, if you are good, run a million (USD) a year and up. Definitely worth trying to get one of those!

Did you see Miss Thailand - if she can get a million dollars a year from her looks then I am off there to try to make it too!

She was a complete dog! I thought the 3rd placed girl was the best looking of the 3 by a mile. You see better looking girls walking down any Thai street, any day!

Just like the new Black Beauty Thailand contest currently going on.

You mean they have pageants for Horses now also ??? :D:D:D

If so then I'll enter my wife. I always call her my 'Little Viking Princess'.

She asks me if it's because she's so beautiful that I call her that.

I say 'No, it's because you've got a face like an 'orse. :o

Earlier reports indicated that Angela, originaly from Perth went to Sydney to persue a modelling career, but found the going a bit tough and decided to go off travelling. She then ended up in Thailand , and won the Miss Thailand World crown.

Now she is relinquisning the title to persue a modelling career in New York?

I think they need a new spin doctor.

Butterfly - try places like Mystique and Bed Club.

Or at lunchtime at the free internet in Central Chidlom when they're writing to their babushhka. All the Eastern European models are hanging around.

A good-looking guy like you will pull them for free.

Possibly, but they won't pull him for free ! !

When you say "sleeping around" you mean "sleeping for cash", right ?

You mean you can buy sex from farang models here ?  :D

How much is short time and where ????  :D

Sukhumvit Soi 3 - don't forget your Russian phrase book.... :o

Ok, any bar name ? :D

Will give it a try !!!

Butterfly - after your trawl of the seedier discos of Patpong in the very early hours of last night I thought you would be too hung over to consider it! And you were complaining of being too old....

Butterfly - try places like Mystique and Bed Club.

Or at lunchtime at the free internet in Central Chidlom when they're writing to their babushhka. All the Eastern European models are hanging around.

A good-looking guy like you will pull them for free.

I am an old fart, I won't be pulling shit :D

I want to pay for service. I don't have time for "free" romance. Time is money :o

Mystique, I hated the place.

Edited by Butterfly

Butterfly - after your trawl of the seedier discos of Patpong in the very early hours of last night I thought you would be too hung over to consider it! And you were complaining of being too old....

I am barely recovering. I should have gone home when you did. Went to some VERY naughty naughty places until 5:00am

Driving back at 120km/h in downtown Bangkok was fun though :o

My head hurts but my arse is OK so I guess I didn't go to the wrong place :D

I am too old for that shit :D

It's a good thing they don't open up the Miss Jumbo Queen of Thailand pagaent to foreigners... a Thai would never win.

:o

I think you may have a good point there. :D

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/5590/fourbeauties5ut.jpg

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/371/fordhauls0hs.jpg

Amen...

the last winner of Jumbo Queen of Thailand was a puny, scrawny, waif-like, anorexic 249 lbs. (124.5Kg)... or only about 1 leg for some of your fine foreign examples.

It's a good thing they don't open up the Miss Jumbo Queen of Thailand pagaent to foreigners... a Thai would never win.

:o

I think you may have a good point there. :D

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/5590/fourbeauties5ut.jpg

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/371/fordhauls0hs.jpg

Amen...

the last winner of Jumbo Queen of Thailand was a puny, scrawny, waif-like, anorexic 249 lbs. (124.5Kg)... or only about 1 leg for some of your fine foreign examples.

hi ....

Can only say i agree with the guy.. ( few pages back )

who said " she realized that she was no more beautiful than the average thai girl "

and probably a lot less useful....

amarka

I heard a rumour that she quit because the thought of having make a visa run to Poipet every thirty-days to facilitate her one-year stay in Thailand had her in tears.  :D

edit-spelling

Serves the organisers right for choosing someone who can't even speak Thai. Imagine if Miss England could only speak (very) broken English, (hang on if she was a close relation of Wayne Rooney that could be the case).

The number 2 is half Danish, how's her Thai?

This whole thing is so funny!

Could this also happen in Enlgand?

I don't know, but I can imagine that within fifty to a hundred years, half of Britain will be speaking broken English.... :D:o

( BTW, who is Wayne Rooney? :D )

I'm surprised they didn't give her some type of Thai Language test beforehand (ie. Question and Answer part of Pagent selection process )

She has a deal in NY.

She got paid a million baht and a grotty flat here

Who would want to stay in this cowtown for that money, for a year. If you've got a gig in NY?

Basically, they told her to work for free for a year. This organisation is not doing her any favours.

Let her go back to her career.

Miss Thailand is just someone the 'suits' exploit.

She was best on the night. That counts.

I myself got a gig here in NY, but would gladly live in the cowtown for a year for a million Baht... :o

Anyway,

I'll try to keep an eye out for her here for you guys.... :D

>>This whole thing is so funny!

Could this also happen in Enlgand?

I don't know, but I can imagine that within fifty to a hundred years, half of Britain will be speaking broken English....

( BTW, who is Wayne Rooney?

I had to look after the Miss Universe UK contestant, this year, who spoke with a fairly clearly obvious American accent! Miss Norway was 1/2 Thai, and did her interviews here, some of them anyway, in Thai.

THe world is getting smaller, and not all contestants are really genuinely "native" of the countries they win in.

That said, the Aussie chick was not good looking; I saw them shooting their "frolicking" scenes at the beach and in person there were plenty of better lookers than her.

the more likely alternative is that something has been uncovered which makes her unsuitable; based on the look kruengs who have won in the past the less connection they have to Thailand, the more likely they have some dirt - any bikini photos could potentially be a significant problem for a pagaent winner here; coming from Australia which is hardly a modelling centre of the world, it is quite possible there are some really rubbish photos of her somewhere.

I think I just saw her on TV, she was giving a tearful interview where she said she was asked to resign based on the fact that she had done some modeling and the photos were judged to be unacceptable. It sounded like they might have been swimsuit photos but I wasn't paying too much attention.

Update

The truth revealed.... it was the lack of serious money that made her quit

BEC-Tero told me to lie: ex-beauty queen

Published on Sep 27 , 2005

Angela McKay, Miss Thailand World 2005 who quit her title after ten days, alleged today that the press conference of her resignation last Tuesday was a setup by the pageant organiser BEC-Tero.

"I was advised by BEC-Tero to tell the press that I stepped down because I wanted to further my studies", claimed Angela a half Thai half Australian beauty, at the press conference through Saitrong Bantueng, an entertainment TV programme.

"I wouldn't like to lie anymore that I had anything else such as education that made me want more than Miss Thailand World".

With rumours about her nud_e pictures were the reasons of her leave, Angela denied and said that BEC-Tero had seen her pictures. They were no secret and she carried them in her modelling portfolio anywhere she went.

Angela said one of the reasons she walked out from the title is because BEC-Tero wouldn't provide her financial support.

Apart from the Bt1 million cash, she wasn't not getting paid with a salary. There was no housing provided. She requested to be paid Bt150,000 per month and a lodging with gym facilities but BEC-Tero didn't respond.