File Accidently Deleted Iexplore.exe

8ball

Hi there,

hope someone can help me. I have an old laptop that i use as a back up and to muck about on and learn a bit more about computers. Well i accidently deleted a file that windows need to open internet explorer.

The OS is Win 98 and the filename is "Iexplore.exe" i think, how can i reinstall/reinstate this file. Is it possible to merge the correct file back into the registry.

I tried to install a copy of windows 98se from pantip but 1/2 way through the installation the computer detects an error and will not let me carry on.

An ideas folks.

Cheers 8ball :o

With Win98 you should have a couple of choices:

1. Do a search on your computer. You will possibly have a copy of the file in:

c:\windows\options\cabs

If you have not deleted this folder then it hold a back up of all the windows files.

2. Re- install Ie. You should be able to do this by going into windows explorer, click on Program Files, then Internet Explorer. Inside this folder you will see "setup.exe", this will re-install Internet Explorer onto your computer.

Hope this helps

I tried to install a copy of windows 98se from pantip but 1/2 way through the installation the computer detects an error and will not let me carry on.

Another pantip "bargin" :o

You may still be able to get that file off the cd if there's no backup on your hard drive as slimdog suggested. Just look for the same file on the cd or try downloading a new copy of internet explorer.

cv