House / Condo Insurance

Jebhead

Simple - the best in town is AA Insurance brokers up by Big C south - ask for Da 081 7822 196

Many thanks

JH

Brokers including AA are fine when collecting your premium. HOWEVER they are terrible when you need to submit a claim. We have home insurance through AA with likely the biggest insurer in Thailand.

Our house insurance covers home 'contents' yet there is no clear description in the policy as to what contents are or are NOT included.

Seems they do not cover accidental breakage of valuable electronics something automatically covered with most home policies in the UK/USA/Canada..........

Guess the moral when dealing with insurance companies 'the devil is in the details :bah:'.

• 4 months later...

having a claim, is the best way to know, where you are.

in Pattaya area, many insurance comp. transfer the claim to a loss adjuster company, who is good for the insurance, as long as they can minimize the claim.

1. the lost item list

everything, what is not in the lost item list in the police report, will not be accepted.

2. aircon outside the house,

you will often not get a concrete answer, if the airconparts, outside on the housewall, are covered or not,

and if they are covered, what kind of security is neccessary.

3. assistance from your insurance broker during the claim

my house insurance so far, was not with AA Insurance broker, but a thai broker,

who wasn`t really that helpfull.

Don`t know about AA.

4. period to regulate the claim

while you have given all your invoices and documents to the loss adjuster company,

and waiting for and answer,

you get a fast respond by the adjuster, that everything is sent to the insurance,

and that you have to wait some time, to get an answer.

So, the key question,

how long should you wait, weeks, months ?

and what should you do, if you don`t get an answer in time, take a lawyer ?

and if you get an answer, that they make you an offer of regulating the claim with a quote of 50 %,

when should you accept, when not, and is a lawcase really helpfull ?

I was considering house insurance as I am building now and wanted to be covered. I asked Peter at AA for the fine print. When I read through it, I discovered that in all instances of "claims" I could conjure, they could deny. I opted not to get the policy and continue my search. Any suggestion would be welcome.

..dw

I think, only AXA of the AA insurance contracts are covering the outsideparts of the aircon.

Any information about the AXA contract ?

As far, as I know, you have to ask for an additional special item, if you want to insure your computer with the axa contract.

I was considering house insurance as I am building now and wanted to be covered. I asked Peter at AA for the fine print. When I read through it, I discovered that in all instances of "claims" I could conjure, they could deny. I opted not to get the policy and continue my search. Any suggestion would be welcome.

..dw

I took out house insurance last year with AA and had similar issues so queried many by email to clarify. I ended up taking out a policy with NZI via AA but only after I had clear emails from them making sure I was covered on some key points. None of the policies I looked at covered as much as the policy I had in the UK - or has more exclusions - but NZI fit my needs best of the several companies I looked at.

I also found AA generally very rresponsive to my queries but still had to send one reminder when they did not respond - apparently never saw the mail...I have also just had an email to remind me of the anual renewal.