Racket Ball Or Squash Courts?

lukeskywalker

re ... Are there any racket ball or squash courts in CM

yes .. at the lanna sports and golf centre about two miles out of town on the mae rim road

and if you carry on towards mae rim for another two miles... do a u turn to come back towards town

there is a dedicated squash court building down one of the SMALL sois on the left before you get to the mens prison

good luck ... dave2

post-42592-0-53741200-1301188977_thumb.j

post-42592-0-21824000-1301189024_thumb.j

Thanks for the information. Does the lanna sports and golf centre have racquetball courts or do they have squash courts, or both? I usually play racquetball on squash courts (English style) for as far as I know, Chiang Mai has no racquetball courts. The squash courts I know of are located at Gymkana. No aircon, but fans. Not too hot except during the very hot part of the hot season.

Anyone up for a match PM me.

Best,

VTL

Edited by venturalaw

There are free squash courts at Mae Jo University. They have buttons on the wall outside the courts suggesting aircon but never tried it. They have glass back walls and are in better shape than gymkana was last time I played there (18 mths ago). There are a few old racquets to borrow for free depending on how busy it is. Search 'squash' within this forum for more info

There's a sport complex on Tung Hotel Road, somewhat across from the convention center. The courts aren't the best condition, but courts nonetheless. I forget the price - pretty cheap though, somewhere between 70 - 100 baht per hour. There are tennis courts too, but those are in high demand.

There's a sport complex on Tung Hotel Road, somewhat across from the convention center. The courts aren't the best condition, but courts nonetheless. I forget the price - pretty cheap though, somewhere between 70 - 100 baht per hour. There are tennis courts too, but those are in high demand.

Thanks for the info. But I understand that the courts at Maejo are free and in excellent condition. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.