What Is Your Resting Pulse Rate?

Neeranam

What is your resting pulse rate?beats per minute  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 years later...
As I sit at my computer, relaxed, my pulse rate is 48 beats per minute. I am happy with that as I am fairly fit, going jogging regularly.

If your heart beats slowly, does that mean it will last longer?

I don't wish to worry you but when I was 47 I was extreemly fit (played a lot of squash) and had a pulse rate like yours. Had my 'wellman' check up and told, 'you are in the last 2% to worry about heart problems'.

Six weeks later I had a heart attack followed by a bypass. So didn't mean anything for me! Still alive and playing golf 5-6 times a weeks and ride the bike at 62. Fortunately my wife is 52 not 25!. So maybe you shouldn't worry. Just checked my pulse rate it's 56.

I've been around 80 for some time. Lack of exercise is likely to be a factor, as well as smoking, possibly even eating habits.

However, I am almost never sick, at worst once a year I get something which is probably flu, but that doesn't stop me from my daily routine. The last time I actually had to lay low was just after I got on the plane for a conference in Korea about 5 years ago. That was a bad flu.

"Normal" pulse rates are between 60-100. Below 60 it's called Bradycardia, above 100 it's Tachycardia. Both are best avoided. If you have either you should probably see a cardiologist.

Your comments are interesting given that over the years I have checked my low pulse rate with various cardiologists and they all say as long as it is normal for me, they are not concerned. They say they would only become concerned if I show pulse rates (higher or lower) that are not normal for me. What I have been warned against is taking any medicines that are designed to lower pulse rates. For example, I stay away from beta blockers.

Mine are usually 50-60's . The rest of the equation I think is even more important. The Systolic & the Diastolic that tells you if your have Hypotension or hypertension Either one of these readings lower or higher determine if you need to take meds to keep you safe.sometimes we can have higher readings & not be affected if your numbers have always been high. to high or to low on the blood pressure Systolic & the Diastolic best to check just to be safe. Gary - nice that the country has a more soothing affect , even if your bustin Butt!

And yes zero at resting you're probably seeing the white light (or did that already) or whatever happens on the way out! :o

Mine are usually 50-60's . The rest of the equation I think is even more important. The Systolic & the Diastolic that tells you if your have Hypotension or hypertension Either one of these readings lower or higher determine if you need to take meds to keep you safe.sometimes we can have higher readings & not be affected if your numbers have always been high. to high or to low on the blood pressure Systolic & the Diastolic best to check just to be safe. Gary - nice that the country has a more soothing affect , even if your bustin Butt!

And yes zero at resting you're probably seeing the white light (or did that already) or whatever happens on the way out! :o

Just checked my blood pressure. 123/78. I take a half tablet of Anapril every day (10 MG). My blood pressure is lower now than before I moved out in the boonies and then I was taking a full 20 mg tablet then. Country life must agree with me. Retirement and having a good woman is GREAT!

I went an had a heart stress test done on me, and a ecocardiogram , of my heart, neat looking pictures when can see your heart beat,,,,every thing looked good, It is good do have done .

The heart stress test tells a lot about the heart beat and pulse and other things, I recomend others have it done to see how fit they are inside..

I passed my test

Just checked my blood pressure. 123/78. I take a half tablet of Anapril every day (10 MG). My blood pressure is lower now than before I moved out in the boonies and then I was taking a full 20 mg tablet then. Country life must agree with me. Retirement and having a good woman is GREAT!

Ain't it the truth a good woman along with a good retirement & keeping active(you sound like your pretty active in your retirement Gary.sounds like your running in the optimum range. I was on heart meds till I passed 2 kidney stones that were the underlying reason of the raise Today 47 bp 117 over 76. Never stays identical if checked daily.