All Flights To Samui Cancelled As Of Now

that is not my point. My point is that if bangkok airways have loads of money from their manolpy then they should have either built a better airport because in the uk it rains and have wind all the time and planes fly all day and night.

My point is that if samui was a govement airport then there would be nothing that they can do. as they did not bulld the airport but my point is that if someone is to blame then it is Bangkok airways and they should compensate people or give their airport to thge govement.

i am really hissed off. with the way they pass the blame on to anyone other than them selves. if my house collapsed or my hotel colapsed becuase of bad weath because it was not strong enough. who do u reckon the customers would sue.

they would not take the weather to court or God ??

Why should anyone (private or government) build an airport that can handle rare events? There has been a crap load of rain over the last few days, along with the high winds.

A lot of the roads to the airport were also flooded, so even if planes were flying, quite a few people wouldn't have been able to get there. Should Bangkok airways have to pay for that too?

Yes. In fact can't some typhoons be sent over Samui while all the planes are grounded?

Boomtime on Samui! B)

It is all Bangkok airways fault. If they hadnt built the airport there would not have been 20% of the tourist numbers we have today. Then there would not have been that many hotels on the beaches blocking the natural flow of the water. Without tourists and hotels, no problem of stranded people. Funny, following some peoples 'logic'...

A plane just landed 15 minutes ago. Then another one came in 10 minutes ago, but it cancelled it's approach and took of again. 5 minutes ago a 3rd plane landed, but it could have been also the 2nd one on it's second try...

It seems things are moving again at Samui airport...

Oh, while i am writing a 4th plane just made an attempt, but also went straight back up and didn't land.!

"The weather at Samui now is heaving a heavy rain and wind. About 6 flights left from Bangkok this morning but only one flight was able to land while the others are waiting for a clear visibility to land.

Bangkok Airways apologise for the inconvenience caused. For more information please contact 02 265 8777".

Facebook

Does anyone know anything about Firefly flights at Samui airport ? They are due to land at 1435 and take off for KL at 1455...yes, I am booked on this flight out of Samui!!! Don't even know if I can get to the airport...any thoughts?

All flights in following routes are cancelled :Samui - Phuket // Phuket - SamuiSamui - Utapao // Utapao - SamuiSamui - Trat // Trat - SamuiPassengers may re-book new flight with no additional charge. For more update information, please call 02 265 8777 (08.00 – 20.00 hrs.)

Thanks for the details re: Firefly.

Read one article, didn't say much. I rang Firefly call centre in Malaysia to find out if the plane actually got here but all I got was 'It's all fine Ma'am, everything is normal" so I don't really know if it landed or took off again.

We couldn't even get to the airport!

Bkk airways site are showing some more flight's landed and will depart

They are terrible. the taxis are making allot of money with the help of bangkok airways. rarther than announce that the airport is close they are just cancelling flight by flight which has a side effect of leaving people hanging around.

went to thai airways counter and they told me straight that the airport is closed.

My hatred for bangkok airways grows deeper every day. one day ! well how to do the buddist say. what goes around comes around !

anyway 40 km per hr wind is no that heavy. it is becuase our expensive tickets carries crap old prepeller air crafts. if they use th air buses then they can take off and land with ease.

The uk is blow winds nearly every day of 40 khm plus nearly every day.

the problem is with their airport. part of me wishes that the airport would just sink and be out of action for ever so the govement would be forced to build a new one.

question is why haven't they.

sounds fishy to me !!! :realangry:

Bangkok Airways will operate 19 flights in total today for routing between Samui - Bangkok, the last flights from Samui will be PG962 and PG5172 leaving at 22.00 hrs. These flights are expected to carry around 2,000 passengers out of Samui Airport within today as the weather is starting to clear.

To re-book new flight with no additional charge please call

02 265 8777 (08.00 – 20.00 hrs.)

Facebook

It is not save having windshear from the side at landing. Remember what happened last time... Problem is the direction of the runway. They should have built it East-west, which are the prevailing wind directions here, instead of north-south. But I dont think there was space for that.. You can't compare with large airports in europe which have multiple runways laid in different directions, so they can always land with the wind from the front.

Bkk airways site are showing some more flight's landed and will depart

They are terrible. the taxis are making allot of money with the help of bangkok airways. rarther than announce that the airport is close they are just cancelling flight by flight which has a side effect of leaving people hanging around.

went to thai airways counter and they told me straight that the airport is closed.

My hatred for bangkok airways grows deeper every day. one day ! well how to do the buddist say. what goes around comes around !

anyway 40 km per hr wind is no that heavy. it is becuase our expensive tickets carries crap old prepeller air crafts. if they use th air buses then they can take off and land with ease.

The uk is blow winds nearly every day of 40 khm plus nearly every day.

the problem is with their airport. part of me wishes that the airport would just sink and be out of action for ever so the govement would be forced to build a new one.

question is why haven't they.

sounds fishy to me !!! :realangry:

i think, in some areas, Valium already run out, isntít??

FLOODS

Airlines resume flights to Samui

By The Nation

Thai Airways International has resumed flights to Samui after the airport was reopened.

Yesterday, it flew 600 passengers stranded in the island as the airport was flooded. Today, aside from scheduled flights, it operates four round-trip flights between Bangkok-Samui.

Passengers traveling to this area are advised to keep abreast of news on the situation. For more information, call the THAI Contact Center at Tel. 02-356-1111 , 24-hours a day, or visit www.thaiairways.com .

Bangkok Airways also resumed normal operations to Samui. There will be 17 flights in total for routing between Samui - Bangkok and expect to clear all stranded passengers within today as the weather is starting to clear. Bangkok Airways operates totally 56 flights in-out of Samui including Bangkok-Samui, Chiang Mai-Samui, Phuket-Samui, Krabi-Samui, U-tapao-Samui, Hong Kong-Samui and Singapore-Samui.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-31

Can anyone who lives on Samui tell me what the conditions are like there now? I was supposed to arrive on Sunday for a week. At this stage I'm making other plans but the hotel (which won't refund my money) is saying everything is fine, thus the reason for not refunding my payment. Any up to date info would be greatly appreciated.