All Flights To Samui Cancelled As Of Now

THE blame game. people are stuck and cannot get in or out of samui because apparently the runway in flooded.

I spoke to bangkok airways and they said that they do not pay for people accomodation because the weather is not the fault of bangkok airways. How ever if the run way is flooded then the question is. Who does the runway belong to.

It isn't the govement so we cannot blame them.

The run way belongs to Bangkok airways which is flooded so planes cannot take off or land. So to all these people who have to pay for a hotel and possible miss their connecting flights. then if u have time and moey and power then i suggest someone or more than 1 person sews bangkok airways and pays out compensation.

i am sure a few million baht is just pocket money to them anyway.

maybe no body takes them to court because they assume they cannot win. For some of the millionaires who have time ad money to play with. then maybe you wouldn't minde give some manoloply corperation a big head ache. just for funn at the same time making people very happy in samui and if u r Thai then u might be very popular and even more powerful with the locals B) :jap:

from there Facebook Page

Bangkok AirwaysAll flights to/from Samui are cancelled due to bad weather. Passengers can contact 02 270 6699, 1771 or 077 422 512-9 (Samui Office) for rebooking the flight. Sorry for the inconvenience.

they cann stick their sorry up there tip box ! cut air fair to normal prices then u can prove u r sorry !

THE blame game. people are stuck and cannot get in or out of samui because apparently the runway in flooded.

I spoke to bangkok airways and they said that they do not pay for people accomodation because the weather is not the fault of bangkok airways. How ever if the run way is flooded then the question is. Who does the runway belong to.

The run way belongs to Bangkok airways which is flooded so planes cannot take off or land. So to all these people who have to pay for a hotel and possible miss their connecting flights. then if u have time and moey and power then i suggest someone or more than 1 person sews bangkok airways and pays out compensation.

maybe no body takes them to court because they assume they cannot win. For some of the millionaires who have time ad money to play with. then maybe you wouldn't minde give some manoloply corperation a big head ache. just for funn at the same time making people very happy in samui and if u r Thai then u might be very popular and even more powerful with the locals B) :jap:

comeone, sue for what????

BA ordered the bad weather and the rain???

This is by far no reason to blame BA.When the weather conditions are as bad as now, no carrier will take the risk to send out his planes.

This is simply the risk that everybody takes when he goes somewhere in this world.

This is by far no reason to blame BA.When the weather conditions are as bad as now, no carrier will take the risk to send out his planes.

This is simply the risk that everybody takes when he goes somewhere in this world.

Sorry Goldfinger, you are wrong. What other airline in the the world closes because the runway is flooded?

Mickey Mouse airlines strikes again. (It is now more expensive to fly one way to bkk from Samui than it is to fly return to Mumbai!)

Sorry Goldfinger, you are wrong. What other airline in the the world closes because the runway is flooded?

Mickey Mouse airlines strikes again. (It is now more expensive to fly one way to bkk from Samui than it is to fly return to Mumbai!)

Uhm, maybe want to check that with the airlines (now not) flying from Nakhon Sri Thammarat Airport, as that is flooded as well. And I highly doubt Air Asia or Nok Air is going to offer you accommodation...

Maybe you dont remember the accidents on Samui(i think 2 of them)and in Surat a few years ago, all happened while there were very

bad weather conditions.

What would you say, if you were in a plane which slides of the runway due to aquaplaning???

Do you think BA closes the airport to make some extra money in their samui based hotels??

Sorry , but I cant follow your logic.

my point is that the airport belongs to Bangkok airways so they are responable. I the airport belonged to the govement then i would not be so angry but because they own the airport then it is their fault for not building enough drainage.

Maybe you dont remember the accidents on Samui(i think 2 of them)and in Surat a few years ago, all happened while there were very

bad weather conditions.

What would you say, if you were in a plane which slides of the runway due to aquaplaning???

Do you think BA closes the airport to make some extra money in their samui based hotels??

Sorry , but I cant follow your logic.

in the U.K the weather is bad all the time and flights leave and land in more than 40 KM winds.I was told by Bangkok airways staff that it is not their fault. that they cannot control the weather. so who is to blame.

1 if it is an act of god yet the customers are fitting the bill. Then it seeems like they are blaming the customers. So they are saying we a god. i though that God got treated better than how they treat their customers.

2. i asked them why they closed the airport. they said that it was flooded.

So i asked them who built the airport. They said that it was them. So i asked them whos fault is it for not building enouight drainiage.

They walked away.

i wanted to strangle them.

Uhm, maybe want to check that with the airlines (now not) flying from Nakhon Sri Thammarat Airport, as that is flooded as well. And I highly doubt Air Asia or Nok Air is going to offer you accommodation...

That is a govement airport the airlines do not have a say in how it was built

They cleaning the airport with a small 5 member team and only one water truck there, why they cant use the water cannons much quicker....

seems they dont have much control over the situation and desperatly trying to demolish some drainage blocks around the new lakes to let the water go faster

also the arrivals entry impassable, so not wonder why they force to close the airport.

If they can clear the runway and let the water receed i think they can open the airport today and open the internal road for arrivals traffic...

The airport departure lobby was full in the morning with desperate travellers...

in the U.K the weather is bad all the time and flights leave and land in more than 40 KM winds.I was told by Bangkok airways staff that it is not their fault. that they cannot control the weather. so who is to blame.

1 if it is an act of god yet the customers are fitting the bill. Then it seeems like they are blaming the customers. So they are saying we a god. i though that God got treated better than how they treat their customers.

So i asked them who built the airport. They said that it was them. So i asked them whos fault is it for not building enouight drainiage.

They walked away.

I'm just wondering ... who paid for stranded passenger's accommodation when Heathrow was closed because of a bit of snow?

Bangkok Airways

Bangkok Airways announced postponement of all flights in and out of Samui from 06.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m. today due to severe storms still hitting the island and the area,and will resume service after 12.00 p.m. subject to weather condition. For more information, call 1771 or visit www.bangkokair.com

Facebook

Due to Samui Airport closure all flights until 12:00 are cancelled. For the afternoon flights, please wait until further notice. For passenger travelling today and would like to change the flight please contact on numbers below :

- 02 270 6699

- 077 607 300 (Chaweng)

- 038 412 382 or 038 488 087 (Pattaya)

- 039 551 654 - 5 (Trat)

- 053 281 519 ext 11/14 (Chiang Mai)

- 038 245 599 (U-Tapao Airport)

- 039 525 767 - 68 (Trat Airport)

- 054 821 522 (Lumpang Airport)

- 075 701 608 - 9 (Krabi Airport)

- 053 289 338 - 9 (ChiangMai Airport)

- 077 428 500 (Samui Airport)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Facebook

first with so many postings I have questions to ask you

1. If you are talking with bangkok airways employees are you talking to their staff or the management?

It would appear there are many impatient people on here who rather take the risk and try to fly regardless of how bad weather conditions are. I guess you really don't value your own life.

Regardless of how you feel of bangkok airways I would rather get to my destination alive.

One last thing the whole comment about samui being put back 10 years due to the weather damage, I've been here since 2004 I've seen samui hit by all kinds of weather. After the bad weather we had it took a few days but things got back to normal.

They walked away.

I'm just wondering ... who paid for stranded passenger's accommodation when Heathrow was closed because of a bit of snow?

i keep trying to get the message across that Bangkok airways is a private airport. Heathrow is a govement airport. So with all that miney that they have exstauted out of the customers with there out ragous prices they should have done a better job with their airport

or at least compensate the travellers.

do u get my point now. :realangry:

1. If you are talking with bangkok airways employees are you talking to their staff or the management?

It would appear there are many impatient people on here who rather take the risk and try to fly regardless of how bad weather conditions are. I guess you really don't value your own life.

Regardless of how you feel of bangkok airways I would rather get to my destination alive.

One last thing the whole comment about samui being put back 10 years due to the weather damage, I've been here since 2004 I've seen samui hit by all kinds of weather. After the bad weather we had it took a few days but things got back to normal.

that is not my point. My point is that if bangkok airways have loads of money from their manolpy then they should have either built a better airport because in the uk it rains and have wind all the time and planes fly all day and night.

My point is that if samui was a govement airport then there would be nothing that they can do. as they did not bulld the airport but my point is that if someone is to blame then it is Bangkok airways and they should compensate people or give their airport to thge govement.

i am really hissed off. with the way they pass the blame on to anyone other than them selves. if my house collapsed or my hotel colapsed becuase of bad weath because it was not strong enough. who do u reckon the customers would sue.

they would not take the weather to court or God ??

that is not my point. My point is that if bangkok airways have loads of money from their manolpy then they should have either built a better airport because in the uk it rains and have wind all the time and planes fly all day and night.

My point is that if samui was a govement airport then there would be nothing that they can do. as they did not bulld the airport but my point is that if someone is to blame then it is Bangkok airways and they should compensate people or give their airport to thge govement.

i am really hissed off. with the way they pass the blame on to anyone other than them selves. if my house collapsed or my hotel colapsed becuase of bad weath because it was not strong enough. who do u reckon the customers would sue.

Big C, You should know by now that it is never a Thai's fault, in any circumstance. It's always someone else's fault. The arrogance of the Thai people astounds me.

i keep trying to get the message across that Bangkok airways is a private airport. Heathrow is a govement airport. So with all that miney that they have exstauted out of the customers with there out ragous prices they should have done a better job with their airport

or at least compensate the travellers.

do u get my point now. :realangry:

Heathrow is not government owned. It's owned by BAA (a Spanish company).

Not that I find that relevant. Why should a private airport have to pay for passengers when a government airport doesn't? Do you think that the ferry operators should also pay for passenger accommodation?

All that will do is raise the prices of flights and ferry trips. So everyone will pay more, rather than just the poor sods that get caught in these rare events. But that's why people get insurance.

Why should anyone (private or government) build an airport that can handle rare events? There has been a crap load of rain over the last few days, along with the high winds.

A lot of the roads to the airport were also flooded, so even if planes were flying, quite a few people wouldn't have been able to get there. Should Bangkok airways have to pay for that too?