Has Anyone Tried Expatshield.Com

dean999

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, Phil. I still cannot connect to any of the three websites. Is it possible that TOT have blocked them? FYI I asked a mate to try to connect from his laptop earlier today in an adjacent condo using TOT and he couldn't . Message coming up now is "connection timed out".

I tried all 3, and 2 of them came up with a connection error at first attempt. I reloaded the pages and then they came up ok. I think there may be a routing problem to wherever they are located. When something is explicitly blocked you usually get a message in Thai.

OK, now how do you get rid of all the ads this brings with it??

Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed as per the forum rules

Our sponsor StrongVPS offer a VPN solution without ads.

tried the forum sponsor and to be honest what a waste of money.. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Just an opinion

Edited by mightyharriss

Expatshield cant get me into Facebook here in China... homepage is ok, but no further. Suggestions?

Discussing how to break laws is against Thaivisa rules. This topic is balancing on the edge of what is allowed. Please help us keep this topic open by staying on the right side of the line.

From The Rules:

9) Not to discuss proxies or other methods of bypassing government blocking of websites.

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

tried the forum sponsor and to be honest what a waste of money.. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Not sure what you mean by slow. I use StrongVPN with no problems. You have many server locations to choose from and their tutorial says to find the fastest one for your purposes. They even have a speed test button next to the server location to check it. Too many variables involved to declare the service itself is slow - ISP, routing, etc.