Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

No sense in converting to APR, because you'll never actually be paying based on that..

Flat-rate inteest, based on the 699K open cab for 48 months is:

10% down: 3.7%

15% down: 3.3%

20% down: 3.1%

25% down: 3.0%

Id' expect to be able to negotiate at least 10% off those interest rates though - no way are they going to advertise their best rates :)

Really? The value of the interest payable on these is only 12% of the value. Maybe in a year's time they'll be willing to drop 30k, but looking for 70k off now, I'd take my hat off to anyone who can negotiate that deal with such low supply.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apart from the "usual" accessories like window tinting, floor mats, is there anything you'd go for, for the top model wildtrak?

And what tires are provides with the new ranger? Are they up to snuff for road driving?

I'm sure the tires are just fine - why would you think they're "not up to snuff"? :blink:

The problem with the 3.2L Wildtrak is there's not a lot of accessories to add, so I'd probably be negotiating some bigger rims - the 18's look at bit small ;) There's plenty of profit in it for them to wear the 25K changover to 20" (with top-end Yoko's)...

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

No sense in converting to APR, because you'll never actually be paying based on that..

Flat-rate inteest, based on the 699K open cab for 48 months is:

10% down: 3.7%

15% down: 3.3%

20% down: 3.1%

25% down: 3.0%

Id' expect to be able to negotiate at least 10% off those interest rates though - no way are they going to advertise their best rates :)

Really? The value of the interest payable on these is only 12% of the value. Maybe in a year's time they'll be willing to drop 30k, but looking for 70k off now, I'd take my hat off to anyone who can negotiate that deal with such low supply.

Yes, harder to get the full discount during the sunrise period, when everyone that's been waiting for it to arrive walks into dealerships with cash falling out of their pockets, and your competitors don't have stock either, but that won't last - come the motor show in March, they'll have to fight hard for each and every deal again.

These published interest rates can *always* be negotiated though - they're well and truly bloated.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I think I read you're comment wrong, thought you said 10% off the price, so 70k off list price, but on re-read it says 10% off rate, so 0.3% off the rate, which I'd agree with.

Hehe :)

The only way you'd get a 10% discount off sticker for a pickup truck is a factory-sponsored runout/promotion, fleet buying, or if paying a ludicrously high interest rate :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

So apart from the "usual" accessories like window tinting, floor mats, is there anything you'd go for, for the top model wildtrak?

And what tires are provides with the new ranger? Are they up to snuff for road driving?

I'm sure the tires are just fine - why would you think they're "not up to snuff"? :blink:

The problem with the 3.2L Wildtrak is there's not a lot of accessories to add, so I'd probably be negotiating some bigger rims - the 18's look at bit small ;) There's plenty of profit in it for them to wear the 25K changover to 20" (with top-end Yoko's)...

the TH 17inchers I have seen photos so far have been the same as vigo and tuna and pjs4x4, bridgestones. good onroad, quiet

I was wondering about the tires, as many have complained about OEM tires on pickups, and sedans for that matter. won't 20" wheels require 40 series tires? Ouch! The ride could be quite hard. Looking closely at a ranger video, the tires looked like Continental but not 100% sure.

How about that old man emu kit? I wonder if there is one for the new ranger yet, or in the pipeline.

The other poster mentioned about some mods, but I'd be careful about that regarding the warranty. I think the only thing I'd do is the air filter, and the chip (removable one before service). 260 HP and nearly 600NM sounds pretty sweet:)

Edited by culicine

^ Thailand and South Africa (as the primary production centers for the T6) get the new model before Australia (who only imports it) does...

Here's a snap of a totally undisguised tester in TH - you have to be pretty close to release before you start driving these around ;)

v101473505.jpg

Will the Thai version come with the rear towbar? I notice this can be problematic in rough terrain where it can get caught and drag on the ground. Seems if you don't have a need for it it would be better to remove it.

Edited by culicine

I was wondering about the tires, as many have complained about OEM tires on pickups, and sedans for that matter. won't 20" wheels require 40 series tires? Ouch! The ride could be quite hard. Looking closely at a ranger video, the tires looked like Continental but not 100% sure.

How about that old man emu kit? I wonder if there is one for the new ranger yet, or in the pipeline.

For same rolling diameter you'd fit 265/50R20 which should be fine so long as you buy a high-end tire (that's why I said 25K changeover not 15K ;) ), and you get the load index right. 285/50R20 are also within 3% and would only sacrifice 16mm sidewall height compared to the OEM 18's, and I'm sure it would look nicer with fatter rubber ;)

It's an absolute certain that OME will be making suspension upgrades for the new Ranger - their dev cycle includes 50.000KM of test-driving though so it might take a few months.

Will the Thai version come with the rear towbar?

As a standard fitment, no way.

As for the towbar in Aus, the aftermarket are all over it, and Ford is also said to be revising their version.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

As for the towbar in Aus, the aftermarket are all over it, and Ford is also said to be revising their version.

Its an unbeliveable design, should be raised by 4 inches, and use the gooseneck to get ball height right

here in Th a tow bar is a simple weld job in the local steel shop, and only gooseneck and ball imported :)

I was set on the aurora blue or the cool white but every time I see the black mica I have second thoughts.

This all black grill and door handles has really made a differencerolleyes.gif

post-80555-0-03724000-1322095875_thumb.j

That's nice - too bad I got a Chinese-Thai wife who can't drive black or red lol. I like the orange as it's specific to the top model, but it doesn't really work on the fiesta for me - white or blue for that car. Orange looks good on the ranger in pics, but hope to see it at the motor expo shortly.

After sum pretty stern pressure my ford agent confirmed with Ford that my car (and all Rangers) are being delayed delivery for about 10 weeks due to about 6 components being delayed by floods,

Its understandable (though I'd be interested if Ozzy deliveries are affected)

So I ordered the Focus TCDI sport in black keep me going.

Interesting things were said about the logic for the price decrease which I would appreciate MRO's comments on.

If what I heard was true , it makes it an even better buy.

edit for spellin

Edited by SaNim

Some more prices announced, apologies for the spelling, I used google translate!

The Open Cab 4X2 XLT 6-speed manual transmission 659,000 Baht

The Open Cab 4X2 Hi - Rider XLT 2.2 liter 6-speed manual transmission 699,000 Baht

The Double Cab 4X2 XLT 6-speed manual transmission 739,000 Baht

The Open Cab 4X2 Hi - Rider XLT Wild Track 6-speed automatic transmission, 759,000 THB

The Double Cab 4X2 Hi - Ryder 6-speed manual transmission XLT 779,000 Baht

The Double Cab 4X2 Hi - Rider XLT 2.2 liter 6-speed automatic transmission, 799,000 THB

The Double Cab 4X2 Hi - Raider 2.2 liters Wild Track 6-speed automatic transmission, 869,000 THB

The Double Cab 4X4 Hi - Ryder 6-speed manual transmission XLT 879,000 Baht

The Double Cab 4X4 XLT Wild Track 6-speed automatic transmission, 969,000 THB

Some more prices announced, apologies for the spelling, I used google translate!

The Open Cab 4X2 Hi - Rider XLT 2.2 liter 6-speed manual transmission 699,000 Baht

The Open Cab 4X2 Hi - Rider XLT Wild Track 6-speed automatic transmission, 759,000 THB

The Double Cab 4X2 Hi - Rider XLT 2.2 liter 6-speed automatic transmission, 799,000 THB

The Double Cab 4X2 Hi - Raider 2.2 liters Wild Track 6-speed automatic transmission, 869,000 THB

What's the last one, XLT wildtrak? I thought they were two different models. I assume this is the 3.2 XLT, as I thought the 3.2 wildtrak will top 1 million baht?

have provided you with any delivery date yet? here in Phuket its getting more and more cloudy :rolleyes:

have provided you with any delivery date yet? here in Phuket its getting more and more cloudy :rolleyes:

Nope, it's gone from end of Dec to Jan now for my 2.2 XLT 6AT. I emailed Peter Fleet the Ford ASEAN top dog to see if he could tell me, won't hold my breath for a reply though :)

Edited by skybluestu

What's the last one, XLT wildtrak? I thought they were two different models. I assume this is the 3.2 XLT, as I thought the 3.2 wildtrak will top 1 million baht?

I am informed that Ford wants to keep all prices, including for the top-line 3.2 model, under B 1M, this will qualify them for the car tax rebate program.

I can confirm these are correct, but just to be clear, these are all 2.2L ^

No 3.2L pricing has been released yet..

It's just the 4x4 version of the already announced 869K 2.2L Wildtrak.

It looks like 4WD will be a ~100K option across the range.

I am informed that Ford wants to keep all prices, including for the top-line 3.2 model, under B 1M, this will qualify them for the car tax rebate program.

Everyone would like it ;) But it's probably not going to happen though.. The only way they could do that would be zero extras (not even road tax included - which will be expensive given weight and CC's) and very unattractive finance packages. My guess is there's no way the marketing boffins would start at rock-bottom and leave no room for campaigns and extra dealer profit, especially during the sunrise period.

If you want the 3.2L, wait until the International Motor Show in March/April next year - that'll be the first time it'll have proper competition therefore prices & campaigns.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

WOW, the T6 everest looks fantastic, i will certainly be getting this when it arrives...providing its as good as the specs, pictures and video suggests.

Well, that's a photoshop mash-up of the T6 Ranger with the 2011 US market Ford Explorer, so it's not actual ;)

The real T6 Everest will have a shorter wheelbase than this, but the basic styling cues you see should be reasonably close. The T6 Everest program is being led by the same guy that ran the 2011 USA Explorer program, and he's already told us the Everest will be getting hand-me-down styling and tech from the Explorer..

If it comes with the Explorer's electric 3rd row seats, and Escape's electric rear door, and they change the interior and front-end enough to differentiate it from the Ranger, and it has 3-zone A/C, and a proper 7" or bigger screen in the dash, I'm in ;) Otherwise it'll be a fine choice for ppl shopping in the <2M Baht SUV range, but not for me, hehe.

For clarity:

• Open Cab 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6MT RWD 659000
  • Open Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6MT RWD 699000
  • Open Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm Wildtrack 6AT RWD 759000
  • Double Cab 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6MT RWD 739000
  • Double Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6MT RWD 779000
  • Double Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6AT RWD 799000
  • Double Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm Wildtrack 6AT RWD 869000
  • Double Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm XLT 6MT 4WD 879000
  • Double Cab Hi-Rider 2.2L 150PS/375Nm Wildtrack 6AT 4WD 969000

Notes:

Very linear pricing structure, suggesting more constant margins across the range (margins typically increase as you go up), except for Wildtrak which is very obviously a profit leader.

• Hi-Rider adds 40K Baht
  • 6AT adds only 20K Baht over 6MT on the RWD XLT.
  • 4WD adds 100K
  • Double cab adds 80K (XLT) or 110K (Wildtrak)
  • Still missing prices for the XL variants
  • Still missing prices for the single cab
  • Still missing prices for 3.2L variants

So this is about 1/4 of the price list..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

For clarity:

Notes:

Very linear pricing structure, suggesting more constant margins across the range (margins typically increase as you go up), except for Wildtrak which is very obviously a profit leader.

• Hi-Rider adds 40K Baht
  • 4WD adds 100K

Looking at the pics in the link I provided above, it's obvious that the 3.2 wildtrak is on display at the show. So do you think that no pricing will be available for the 3.2 at the show, even though it's being displayed?https://picasaweb.go...684852382954386

and using google translate, am I right in thinking the 3.2 won't be available until June? :( thats from headlightmag.com)

Edited by culicine

WOW, the T6 everest looks fantastic, i will certainly be getting this when it arrives...providing its as good as the specs, pictures and video suggests.

Well, that's a photoshop mash-up of the T6 Ranger with the 2011 US market Ford Explorer, so it's not actual ;)

The real T6 Everest will have a shorter wheelbase than this, but the basic styling cues you see should be reasonably close. The T6 Everest program is being led by the same guy that ran the 2011 USA Explorer program, and he's already told us the Everest will be getting hand-me-down styling and tech from the Explorer..

If it comes with the Explorer's electric 3rd row seats, and Escape's electric rear door, and they change the interior and front-end enough to differentiate it from the Ranger, and it has 3-zone A/C, and a proper 7" or bigger screen in the dash, I'm in ;) Otherwise it'll be a fine choice for ppl shopping in the <2M Baht SUV range, but not for me, hehe.

Ah i didnt notice the PS watermark on the image, read someone had alledgedly seen one driving in thailand and figured they already had one camoflauged, I would appreciate a larger front lcd screen too and would need to be able to have the option to swap out the factory head unit for a pioneer 2din one i can run sat nav and all my media onto, I looked at a few other what i presume photoshops of the everest online looks very nice and muscular in the way the aussie fords and holden utes are. I like the new ford escape but i feel the crossover is closer to the sedan than previously, id have to see it in dealership to make that call, im hoping i can remove the rear seats easily like in the fortuner so i can put audio in the rear where noone would be sitting. I like the pjs handling and feel compared to the fortuner but prefer my ppvs to resemble a suv....the dated leaf spring mu7 looks more like a station wagon and whilst i drove a strada i never liked the dimensions of the gwagon or its successor much compared to the sportrider and fortuner. will need to see what the chevy and ford offering is, and hopefully toyota will come strong with the imv2 platform.....finally some more competition to drive up the standard of the ppv class where less appears to be more when it comes to safety specs and new revisions with facelift models.

electric seats, curtain airbags, traction control, hill descent (doubt id use it), leading enine and trans, voice activated controls, dual separate climate control etc highlights a welcomed new ethusiasm to sieze some market share rather than trying to merely offer an afffordable me too which appears dated upon release. This competiton can only help raise the game of others and chip away the toyota tax of the imv2 if i chose to go that way.:)

edit: thx for the info on the explorer inspiration, that be very nice indeed. Ive observed some very passionate memebers who dislike SUV's on the roads in thailand, but to be honest their beef should be with ford excursion drivers....a mate had one and fitted a ps3 console into the wall, was very generous in the back but that truck is definately a bus. far from the little LOS trucks, though seeing some t6s driving around on the dunes or pulling the train highlights how nice the 3.2 is

Edited by caphant

For clarity:

Notes:

• Hi-Rider adds 40K Baht
  • 4WD adds 100K

MRO, should we expect to get better deals than what they're offering then?

I'm planning on getting the 2.2 auto Wildtrak as soon as available. What should I push for IYO?