Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

About fuel light, my normal style of driving is round the city, and this might sound daft but I noticed mine had changed after a recent round trip from Pattaya to Buriram I noticed both the distance to pump/fuel light coming on at different time.Now that I am back to my normal style of driving it comes back on at 80km to pump.

Regarding insurance I got the freebie insurance with the Ranger which is with "Bangkok Insurance", but I haven't had reason to call them and find out if they're any good or not (thankfully).

Edited by Ungabunga

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I meant to type '80km' for the low fuel warning to trigger, then goes 'bong' every 10 km. Lowest I have ran it is about 22 km to go.

Regards the insurance, the Ford Udon dealer had the freebie insurance set up with LMG so I popped in past their offices and renewed there for 19,005 baht. They said I can take it to the Ford dealer/repair if sh!t happens.

Over 12 months and close to 30,000 km later, still a great drive and at the price back then of 799k baht, a decent investment IMHO. My mate (a legacy Fortuner man) commented on the numerous minor dings and depressions that it has collected and I have to be honest that apart from the eedjit that seriously dinged my back bumper, I am only personally responsible for a couple of others. But there are loads of little dings where a door has been pushed closed with an elbow or the kids were climbing over the sides or where the wife momentarily leaned on the roof to grab a mango (she's only 40 kg)! Even sitting on the folded down tailgate you can see where peoples <deleted> and feet have been. The body skins are like silly putty IMHO and susceptible to deformations from all sorts of low-velocity impacts. I think there's been earlier debate about different grades of steel for domestic and export models and IMHO, the domestic Ranger skin is rubbish in this regard.

But, generally speaking, for the price I paid, it is acceptable. It could be worse and I am glad I didn't hang about and fork out over a million for a top of the line 'ding collector' WT or 4x4 or the 3.2 variants.

Edited by NanLaew

Just a question to ask on here as ill have my new 2.2 wildtrack ranger with a wheel size of 20.

Anything in particular I should take note of with this vehicle, i ask as I read already about the possibilities of 2 ford rangers in here with different steel types. Look forward to your opinions

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Over 12 months and close to 30,000 km later, still a great drive and at the price back then of 799k baht, a decent investment IMHO. My mate (a legacy Fortuner man) commented on the numerous minor dings and depressions that it has collected and I have to be honest that apart from the eedjit that seriously dinged my back bumper, I am only personally responsible for a couple of others. But there are loads of little dings where a door has been pushed closed with an elbow or the kids were climbing over the sides or where the wife momentarily leaned on the roof to grab a mango (she's only 40 kg)! Even sitting on the folded down tailgate you can see where peoples <deleted> and feet have been. The body skins are like silly putty IMHO and susceptible to deformations from all sorts of low-velocity impacts. I think there's been earlier debate about different grades of steel for domestic and export models and IMHO, the domestic Ranger skin is rubbish in this regard.

But, generally speaking, for the price I paid, it is acceptable. It could be worse and I am glad I didn't hang about and fork out over a million for a top of the line 'ding collector' WT or 4x4 or the 3.2 variants.

I second that on the "dings". Noticed one last week above the rear door handle. How did that get there apart from someone pushing the door shut!!

Time to buy some extra thick cling film? Or a large roll of bubble wrap - now that would turn heads laugh.png

Edited by MESmith

Just a question to ask on here as ill have my new 2.2 wildtrack ranger with a wheel size of 20. Anything in particular I should take note of with this vehicle, i ask as I read already about the possibilities of 2 ford rangers in here with different steel types. Look forward to your opinions Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No nothing really, enjoy the ride.smile.png Get the engine oil/filter changed at 1000km despite Ford(Pattaya) tells you it's not necessary.

I have now done 2000 km in my WT2.2 and I also still love the truck, everything works perfect, well almost, don't like that the door locking system is not auto but you have to press a bottom on the console to lock the doors, it was auto on my ex Honda City 06 sedan.

It a bitch to park in cramped spaces so be careful and perhaps consider rear parking sensors.

I am also glad I didn't spend the extra on a 3.2, I don't need 4wd and some posters suggest that the 3.2 is not that much faster but only comes into it's own right if you haul a trailer or fill the cargo space with pineapples.

I paid 869k baht for mine and that's a fair price, the price now is 919 I believe.

I see lots of Rangers on the road now, mostly XLT's so Thais also likes the Ranger and not necessarily only wants Toyota and Isuzu anymore, which is good.

Auto door locking is there just needs to be activated, here is how I did mine.

1. Turn car to Accessories (I)

2. Turn to ON (II)

3. Push lock/unlock button (next to warning lights) 3 times quickly

4. Turn car back to accessories

5. Push lock/unlock button (next to warning lights) 3 times quickly

6. Turn to ON (II), Car will beep once

Enable autolock

1. After enabling promo mode (above) push lock/unlock two times quickly and the
car will doing a beep and the doors will lock.

Start the car, unlock the car by either opening the door or push the
lock/unlock button again and go for a drive, once you hit 7km/h the doors
should lock.

Thanks Spoonman for reminding us how to set the door locks.

Unfortunately that method didn't work for me,but from the English manual,the following method works.

Driver configuration mode.

Note: This operation has to be done within 30 seconds.

1. Ignition OFF to ON position

2. Press central lock/unlock button 3 times.

3. Ignition ON to OFF position.

4. Press central lock/unlock button 3 times.

5. Ignition OFF to ON position.

The system will chirp to indicate that the driver config mode is enabled.

Automatic locking by speed.

Press the central lock/unlock button twice within three seconds to toggle the

Automatic locking by speed function.

The system will chirp when toggling.

Note: I did this whilst sitting in the car with the doors closed..

Have been to local Ford dealer in Hua Hin today, just wanted to inquire about approx delivery date for my 3.2 Wildtrack which I ordered 6 months ago. So, they said I should wait at least for another 6 months as there are problems at the factory with automatic transmission line. Have anyone heard something about this or it's just a bullshit?

I am over on holidays and went to Ford Chumphon to ask about the 3.2 WT ordered last August. We were told that the sales man that was looking after it was at the local Tesco doing a show. So off we go and when we get there Mazda also had BT50 along side the Ford Ranger

on the stand the Mazda sales man was tripping over himself to capture a sale with the Bt50 very astute to what we wanted and very much willing to deal. Now comes Ford I come from a sales back round so I know all about selling ( 35 years) these Ford people were not interested

or customer driven the guy that was handling our sales just said have to wait and walked away. I called him back and asked for him to explain and he just said he did not know and proceeded to talk to another guy. So I am now really considering the Mazda and will get great pleasure telling Mr Ford where to stick his WT 3,2 now rant over.

In fairness to the ford sales person he most probably does not know when one would be available and infact he has been instructed to not take any orders.....

Not much he can do to assist you.

Enjoy your happy smiley BT-50.

Thanks Spoonman for reminding us how to set the door locks.

Unfortunately that method didn't work for me,but from the English manual,the following method works.

Driver configuration mode.

Note: This operation has to be done within 30 seconds.

1. Ignition OFF to ON position

2. Press central lock/unlock button 3 times.

3. Ignition ON to OFF position.

4. Press central lock/unlock button 3 times.

5. Ignition OFF to ON position.

The system will chirp to indicate that the driver config mode is enabled.

Automatic locking by speed.

Press the central lock/unlock button twice within three seconds to toggle the

Automatic locking by speed function.

The system will chirp when toggling.

Note: I did this whilst sitting in the car with the doors closed..

Thanks for that, after playing around with it a bit I got it working.

My wife drives the truck alone when I am overseas working so I prefer the auto locking is on as we both tends to forget locking the doors.

In fairness to the ford sales person he most probably does not know when one would be available and infact he has been instructed to not take any orders.....

Not much he can do to assist you.

Enjoy your happy smiley BT-50.

Thanks for the good wishes Spoonman. I do understand that the salesman is in the dark but it was his lack of interest . The Mazda dealer asked us lots of questions to evaluate our needs,the Ford guy just shrugged his shoulders he knows I dont live in Thailand so maybe try sell me a 2,2 etc.and get some commission . But we have a farm down south hence needing a 3.2 and when it rains there is lots of mud so a 4x4 is a must

here. I still love the look of the Ford but the Mazda is growing on me and I also think the cockpit in the Mazda is nicer.

Had the roller cover by Raiton installed at their shop yesterday. Have to say I'm thoroughly impressed, both with the unit and the installation. 23,000 baht installed. It really looks like a factory installation and very well made.

This latest addition as well as the forward facing recording camera, reverse camera and reverse sensors just about has me finished with adding goodies. I do have an alarm and PKE unit on order though.....I love my gadgets biggrin.pngpost-67352-0-06073000-1368072081_thumb.jpost-67352-0-74928100-1368072096_thumb.jpost-67352-0-43440400-1368072119_thumb.jpost-67352-0-12637700-1368072134_thumb.j

Had the roller cover by Raiton installed at their shop yesterday. Have to say I'm thoroughly impressed, both with the unit and the installation. 23,000 baht installed. It really looks like a factory installation and very well made.

This latest addition as well as the forward facing recording camera, reverse camera and reverse sensors just about has me finished with adding goodies. I do have an alarm and PKE unit on order though.....I love my gadgets biggrin.pngattachicon.gifIMG_0326.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0328.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0331.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0333.jpg

Where'd you get that fitted? at 23K not cheap, was that the best price you could get or is that the only place where it's available?

I did a lot of searching and as far as I know Raiton is the only ones supplying the aluminum unit in Thailand. Carryboy did list it in their brochure, but when I inquired they told me they are no longer offering it. The owner at Raiton told me that Carryboy were just reselling his unit with the Carryboy name on it anyway.

Your right, 23,000 is not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Had it fitted at the Raiton factory. http://raitonlock.tarad.com/product.detail_670205_th_4646873?lang=en

The owner speaks English.

I did a lot of searching and as far as I know Raiton is the only ones supplying the aluminum unit in Thailand. Carryboy did list it in their brochure, but when I inquired they told me they are no longer offering it. The owner at Raiton told me that Carryboy were just reselling his unit with the Carryboy name on it anyway.

Had it fitted at the Raiton factory. http://raitonlock.tarad.com/product.detail_670205_th_4646873?lang=en

How water resitant is it? When it rains, does any water get in?

When are we going to see it in Thailand? :angry:

Toyota Thailand writes «late 2011» on her website.

I saw the new Ranger at the Geneva and the Bangkok motor show. Looks good! Unfortunately you couldn't go close. I am also waiting for the new Madza BT-50, which shares the new generation of engines and drivetrains. The newly presented Chevrolet Colorado looks good, too.

Jeez what a boring, polished design nothing different from a Vigo. ix9JXuPd6hIt2.gifix9JXuPd6hIt2.gif Typical vehicle designed for small-minded-wannabe-brave-boys tarmac-addicts who have never seen a mountain top...

Mind if I go for a Toyota FJ Cruiser ? Cuz that's a real nasty little monster for smart asses like me. igCoXC6AZ8AYE.gifi1Z3kOFWfI8mY.gif

How water resitant is it? When it rains, does any water get in?

Well as I only had it fitted yesterday and it hasn't rained here in Hua Hin for weeks, I can't really comment. However it does have drain hoses fitted from the side rails and they have added some water dams near the tail gate. I suspect that in a driving moonsoon it will not be bone dry in there, but I was mostly looking for the security of the luggage/purchases when away from the vehicle.

Had a carryboy soft-lid fitted on my XLT. 4500 baht. While it was being fitted, I noticed they had aluminium roller tops for Wildtrak in stock, but didn't ask about price.

Had a carryboy soft-lid fitted on my XLT. 4500 baht. While it was being fitted, I noticed they had aluminium roller tops for Wildtrak in stock, but didn't ask about price.

Really? Are you sure they were for the New Ranger? When the local dealer told me they were not available I of course thought they were bs'ing me. I called directly to the Carryboy factory and they confirmed that they were not supplying this unit in Thailand. I do believe it is still available in other countries such as the Philippines though....strange.

Really? Are you sure they were for the New Ranger? When the local dealer told me they were not available I of course thought they were bs'ing me. I called directly to the Carryboy factory and they confirmed that they were not supplying this unit in Thailand. I do believe it is still available in other countries such as the Philippines though....strange.

This was mid March. Pretty sure the boxes were marked "T6 Wildtrak". Looked like a new shipment as they were waiting to be put in the back store room. Those roller lids do look good, but I'm happy with my soft-lid, does the job I need it to do.

This was mid March. Pretty sure the boxes were marked "T6 Wildtrak". Looked like a new shipment as they were waiting to be put in the back store room. Those roller lids do look good, but I'm happy with my soft-lid, does the job I need it to do.

Well it wouldn't surprise me that Carryboy has done an about face. Regardless, this one is great. I have a friend who has the soft one as well, he said the sun destroyed the velcro as he was leaving it on all the time.

This latest addition as well as the forward facing recording camera, reverse camera and reverse sensors just about has me finished with adding goodies. I do have an alarm and PKE unit on order though.....I love my gadgets biggrin.pngattachicon.gifIMG_0326.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0328.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0331.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0333.jpg

That's looks really good and 23K bath is not too bad.

I am a bit concerned about having BoyAir Pattaya installing one on my truck, I am considering going to BKK and have it done where yours was done.

Well anyway I will go for 2 month work first so I can think about in the meantime.

I am not sure where in BKK it is despite the map they showed on the web page.

That's looks really good and 23K bath is not too bad.

I am a bit concerned about having BoyAir Pattaya installing one on my truck, I am considering going to BKK and have it done where yours was done.

Well anyway I will go for 2 month work first so I can think about in the meantime.

I am not sure where in BKK it is despite the map they showed on the web page.

Don't feel bad, if it wasn't for my wife on the phone with the staff there I never would have found it either.

Here are the coordinates: 13° 38.019'N 100° 24.882'E

Edited by CDNinKS

This latest addition as well as the forward facing recording camera, reverse camera and reverse sensors just about has me finished with adding goodies. I do have an alarm and PKE unit on order though.....I love my gadgets post-67352-0-06073000-1368072081_thumb.jpost-67352-0-74928100-1368072096_thumb.jpost-67352-0-43440400-1368072119_thumb.jpost-67352-0-12637700-1368072134_thumb.j

Is this the Genuine Ford OEM roller shutter that they are fitting?

This latest addition as well as the forward facing recording camera, reverse camera and reverse sensors just about has me finished with adding goodies. I do have an alarm and PKE unit on order though.....I love my gadgets attachicon.gifIMG_0326.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0328.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0331.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0333.jpg

Is this the Genuine Ford OEM roller shutter that they are fitting?

No, not OEM Ford, saying that Ford do not make theirs anyways they buy it from a teir 3 supplier.

Don't feel bad, if it wasn't for my wife on the phone with the staff there I never would have found it either.

He-He, BKK is one big mother xxxxxx City, only been there once in the Ranger and I was very happy that my wife and my Garmin was with me.

Thanks for the coordinates then I can easily find it with my Garmin GPS.

How many hours did the installation take?

He-He, BKK is one big mother xxxxxx City, only been there once in the Ranger and I was very happy that my wife and my Garmin was with me.

Thanks for the coordinates then I can easily find it with my Garmin GPS.

How many hours did the installation take?

He says it is a 2 hr job, he was short staffed the day we arrived and even though we arrived right on time for our appointment (12:00) he had a couple other trucks ahead of us. We grabbed a taxi to Central Plaza and he called at 2:30 to say it was all done.

He offers it in black or silver (aluminum)