Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Looked at a Hi Rider Wildtrack in White, looks nice except for the Wheels, what's the matter with Ford.?.Same size as a Honda Clik Moped.Looks so ridiculous even the MIL noticed.sad.png .

Sounds like the owner put the skinny wheels on? WT's come with 18" fitted as standard AFAIK.

Just Looked at a Hi Rider Wildtrack in White, looks nice except for the Wheels, what's the matter with Ford.?.Same size as a Honda Clik Moped.Looks so ridiculous even the MIL noticed.sad.png .

Sounds like the owner put the skinny wheels on? WT's come with 18" fitted as standard AFAIK.

No i asked them that, the Sales Lady said the Hi Ride makes them look silly,they sugest 20Inch to look in balance.So a Thai Lady who sells em has more taste than Ford Bean Counters.I could drive something looking like that anyway.Spoil Ship for dab of Tar.sad.png

Just a thought...I thought a Wildtrack 2.2 was just that, and a Hi Rider was a separate Model but a bit cheaper.?. This had 2 Stickers on the side. Id go for the Top Triton 4Door personally, but my Thai Friends set on this,and will buy some wheels.Did Not mention Mr Spoons dilemma though.thumbsup.gif

I think the stock 17" on the Hi-Rider and stock 18" on the WT look OK, espesh on my blue XLT. Maybe it's the white colour that makes it look naff to you and Mrs Pop? My opinion on large (not wide) rims with low-profile wheels on the raised suspension of the H-Rider and WT looks kinda silly. I think we have had earlier debate on this thread on exactly how big a tire can be safely and easily stuck in these Rangers and I recall 20" as being a tad too much without a kit.

I think the stock 17" on the Hi-Rider and stock 18" on the WT look OK, espesh on my blue XLT. Maybe it's the white colour that makes it look naff to you and Mrs Pop? My opinion on large (not wide) rims with low-profile wheels on the raised suspension of the H-Rider and WT looks kinda silly. I think we have had earlier debate on this thread on exactly how big a tire can be safely and easily stuck in these Rangers and I recall 20" as being a tad too much without a kit.

You have a good point with the Colour.Perhaps the Black of Tire ,plus the exposed area under the arch make the rims look tiny.Plus me having a "Thing" about the TITTY Wheels on the Lads Trailblazer doesnt help. Just Look at a Sportivo, a benchmark for Balance IMO, then the Fortuna, with Scooter Fugly Rims, and tires that look to big. thumbsup.gif

20's with a 65 profile fit and look fine, 25mm offset - no issues.

20's with a 65 profile fit and look fine, 25mm offset - no issues.

Can you post a picture of Ranger shod with 20 by 65 with the 25 mil offset? I think Spoonman's drowned cat also had some sort of offset that made for big wheeliness without the need for a lift kit.

I just find it hard visualising what that looks like.

Yes, looks braw as they say in Scotland. However, I have never really liked the look of larger diameter rims and lower profile tires, especially on pickups. I would be more interested in maybe 18" to 20" standard rims with whatever big but conventional profile tires would fit without the added lifting hardware, maybe just the offsetting.

when I had 20's on it.

What profile is on the both sizes, 45?

My 20's look nothing like that, will dig out a photo soon.

Both pictures tyres are 275/45.

Do you know if you could get a 55 or 65 profile on 22's?

45 profile was all my tyre guy had available in 22's and nothing else listed on his computer so maybe a 55 or 65 would need to be imported but the issue with that is the drive ratio in the rear axle would need to be changed as well to maintain some driveability which is the reason why I did not grab the 33x12.5x20 Toyo tyres and just stick on my 20" rims.

20130411_1525591_zps693736b6.jpg

To add to what Spoonman said, I've now got 285/45R22's on my XLT High Rider (6 speed manual) and the change in circumference has definitley altered the final gear ratio.

Assuming I can find a quality shop somewhere between Hat Yai and Surat Thani, I think I will go for 3.55 gearing in the read end...........that will get things rotating back to near factory spec.

Edited by moganman

To add to what Spoonman said, I've now got 285/45R22's on my XLT High Rider (6 speed manual) and the change in circumference has definitley altered the final gear ratio.

Assuming I can find a quality shop somewhere between Hat Yai and Surat Thani, I think I will go for 3.55 gearing in the read end...........that will get things rotating back to near factory spec.

Any photo's?

Good luck with finding someone to mesh the crown wheel and pinion correctly matey. whistling.gif

Amen to that brother, I ain't holding my breath. Having said that, if anyone out there has any contacts of a friend who knows a friend who might know of a shop that can do the work, I'd surely like to get their contact details.

Any photo's?

Unfortunatley, not at the moment. I'll take some and post 'em after I get back in 6 weeks time. I've also installed a rear end stabiliser kit, makes a noticeable difference on how the truck handles.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the wife reports that the battery is completely dead, won't take a charge either. I am out of LOS right now so will get that sorted when I get back. It's been a duff battery from the get go.

What size is the Ranger battery? I recall 75Ah maybe?

Anyone recommend a particular brand for the replacement?

Anyone know where the best battery prices are to be had in Pattaya?

Thanks!

NL

20's with 65 profile tyres.

That looks mighty fine. Not my choice of rim but the size and profile looks good.

Also NOT my first choice of rim either but kind of limited options for rims that size with a 25mm offset. ( unless some one knows where keeps a good stock?)

Size and profile is a nice comfortable ride.

Hi all, after a bit of advice, I was hoping to find a 3.2 WT but as we know, rare as hens teeth. however, I have been offered a 2012 2.2 XLT 4WD 4 door with 20k km on the clock for baht700k. I can't find any others on one2car, thaicar or taladrod to gauge whether this is a good price. List price from ford seems to be 899.

I had a 3.0 Vigo previously so keen to hear if I will be disappointed with only a 2.2 and any lack of power. Just wondered what some people with experience of the 2.2 ranger thought? Good buy? Bad idea?

Cheers everyone.

Hi all, after a bit of advice, I was hoping to find a 3.2 WT but as we know, rare as hens teeth. however, I have been offered a 2012 2.2 XLT 4WD 4 door with 20k km on the clock for baht700k. I can't find any others on one2car, thaicar or taladrod to gauge whether this is a good price. List price from ford seems to be 899.

I had a 3.0 Vigo previously so keen to hear if I will be disappointed with only a 2.2 and any lack of power. Just wondered what some people with experience of the 2.2 ranger thought? Good buy? Bad idea?

Cheers everyone.

Is that power or speed? Are you highway driving without a load or semi-commercial/industrial or hauling rubber or ducks from the farm? The 3.2's are all being eaten up as real working man's trucks in the great downundah. If you want a 4x4, I reckon you must have a real need for it?

Plenty of points on this thread (including mine) that say the 2.2 has plenty torque and grunt for tootling around town and long distance higher speed highway traveling. Unless the 4x4 option adds some serious load factors (doubtful), the 2.2 shouldn't be any less macho than the 3.0 Vigo.

Hi, thanks so much for the reply. No commercial use, just use it as a car. I drive from phuket to chiang mai about once or twice a year but otherwise just general running about. A couple of friends also have 4WD and we do go and do a bit of gentle off roading once in a while, in Chiang Mai and in Phuket hence wanting a 4WD so I don't get stuck :-)

Any thoughts on the price? I can only see Hi Riders for sale, no 4WDs sadly.

Cheers

Hi, thanks so much for the reply. No commercial use, just use it as a car. I drive from phuket to chiang mai about once or twice a year but otherwise just general running about. A couple of friends also have 4WD and we do go and do a bit of gentle off roading once in a while, in Chiang Mai and in Phuket hence wanting a 4WD so I don't get stuck :-)

Any thoughts on the price? I can only see Hi Riders for sale, no 4WDs sadly.

Cheers

What price are the used 4-door Hi-Riders asking? I think there was a 80-100k difference between 2-by and 4-by when I bought mine so maybe add on that to the prices being asked for similarly aged/mileaged 2-by's?

I have belted out over 35,000 km in 14 months of satisfied ownership on my XLT A/T. That includes about half a dozen Udon-Pattaya round trips (over the mountains) and countless thrashes Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi & Bangkok. Never lost a race, had lack of pace or had a struggle with acceleration or overtaking or hill climbing.

It's a very nice and capable car.

Cheers everyone.

I was in the same position wanted a 3.2 WT. Couldn't get one and opted for the 3.2 Mazda, 4 months on and I love it. I've never driven the 2.2 Ford but it appears to be a bit down on power and straight line speed compared to the Toyota 3.0. The Ford/Mazda 3.2 trounces both.