Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I've been trying to get a test-drive of a 3.2 Wildtrak Ranger before buying. I've had zero success despite Emails and phone-calls to Ford. I'm assuming that's been the situation for all members who have bought a new 3.2 Ranger ?

Now, after searching through test-drive articles etc I'm reading reports and spy-shots, from Australia, that the Ranger ( and Mazda BT50) are going to have a mid-2015 minor change involving the front and interior. Has any member heard the same and do they have any further details?

I'll now wait until 2015 or go for the Nissan Navara NP300 4X4 Auto.

You aint ever gunna get a test drive from a Ford Dealership in a Wildtrak Ranger as demand outstrips supply by a fair margin so there is zero incentive to entice new buyers with test drives and the like.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to get a test-drive of a 3.2 Wildtrak Ranger before buying. I've had zero success despite Emails and phone-calls to Ford. I'm assuming that's been the situation for all members who have bought a new 3.2 Ranger ?

Now, after searching through test-drive articles etc I'm reading reports and spy-shots, from Australia, that the Ranger ( and Mazda BT50) are going to have a mid-2015 minor change involving the front and interior. Has any member heard the same and do they have any further details?

You aint ever gunna get a test drive from a Ford Dealership in a Wildtrak Ranger as demand outstrips supply by a fair margin so there is zero incentive to entice new buyers with test drives and the like.

About 3-4 weeks ago they had a mini auto show in central festival pattaya. They had the 3.2 wildtrack 4x4 automatic in that bronze color available for next day delivery @ no xtra charge. Maybe supply is getting better;)

About 3-4 weeks ago they had a mini auto show in central festival pattaya. They had the 3.2 wildtrack 4x4 automatic in that bronze color available for next day delivery @ no xtra charge. Maybe supply is getting better;)

Or demand is getting worse lol

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No Diss to Spoonman,but his avatar represents to me the mentality of Wildcat Drivers. They are the "New Yobs" taking over from Tuna drivers No1 spot on the list as Yob of the Year...The Anchors in the Orange ones are retards, Thai or Ferang.

That dull orange colour is awful, but now in the rainy season, I realize the thinking behind it. It perfectly matches the red clay soil that covers the roads everywhere, especially after the dump trucks carrying soil have passed over. No need to wash the truck every day laugh.png

Edited by MESmith

No Diss to Spoonman,but his avatar represents to me the mentality of Wildcat Drivers. They are the "New Yobs" taking over from Tuna drivers No1 spot on the list as Yob of the Year...The Anchors in the Orange ones are retards, Thai or Ferang.

When it comes to Orange Wildtrak's I reckon you have the nail on the head thumbsup.gif.

Real men drive lifted black ones for that proper "get the <deleted> outta my way" experience.

002_zps02ccc9fe.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got an SMS from Ford saying they have a 0% down special on 3.2 Wildtraks at dealerships nationwide 12-14 September.

0% interest would be more attractive lol

From other threads, it appears that the 3.2 mill will no longer be an option for Rangers in 2015, hence the recent promo to shift what inventory they may have?

Something to do with phasing out that particular engine. Is that a local market phase out since I assume that the engine isn't assembled in Thailand, or is it a global phase out with something new, more efficient or economical in the pipeline?

May still be a chance to get a bargain before they disappear.

From other threads, it appears that the 3.2 mill will no longer be an option for Rangers in 2015, hence the recent promo to shift what inventory they may have?

Something to do with phasing out that particular engine. Is that a local market phase out since I assume that the engine isn't assembled in Thailand, or is it a global phase out with something new, more efficient or economical in the pipeline?

1) It's not yet clear what's going on with the 3.2L. It was said it would not be in the MY15 lineup, but yet, there it is on their website...

2) The 3.2L engine in TH models is made in South Africa.

3) Chev are getting 200HP from 2.8L. Nissan are making 190HP from 2.5L. See the trend? :)

4) Bargain? hrmmm Right now, my definition of that would be getting 120K discount off the price of a Triton (on runout) :)

1) It's not yet clear what's going on with the 3.2L. It was said it would not be in the MY15 lineup, but yet, there it is on their website...

2) The 3.2L engine in TH models is made in South Africa.

3) Chev are getting 200HP from 2.8L. Nissan are making 190HP from 2.5L. See the trend? smile.png

4) Bargain? hrmmm Right now, my definition of that would be getting 120K discount off the price of a Triton (on runout) smile.png

I am more than happy with my +2 year old Ranger XLT with the 2.2 so just checking on an upgrade option come the new year. The Ranger style, comfort and economy is OK by me. Getting the WT bells and whistles and 4x4 would be nice although I don't like the external WT trim too much with the plastic rails and faux roll bars, etc.. I wonder if they charge extra NOT to add that rubbish and the decals?

I would have gotten a 3.2 earlier but 2 years ago they were scarcer than hen's teeth. There's a few more around now though and delivery times seem better.

Edited by NanLaew

And what would be put into the Everest if it ever manages to get here? Surely not the 2.2? I would have thought the Everest would weigh more than the current ranger.

Maybe a clue in this article. Notably Ford's flagship cash cow pickup may be in for a radical, market forming change with an all-aluminum F-150 on the US market.

This currently has a choice of 3 engines, "a normally aspirated 3.5-litre V6, a turbocharged 3.5-litre EcoBoost V6 and a 5-litre V8." However, they are talking up a new 6-cylinder, 2.7 liter EcoBoost engine to be added in 2015 as follows, "325-horsepower twin-turbocharged 2.7-litre V6 gasoline engine that offers the power of a V8 with the efficiency of a six-cylinder."

"Ford’s conservative initial estimate was that the new 2.7-litre engine would account for roughly a quarter of F-150 sales, but based on the reaction from dealers, media and consumers at clinics, Ford is growing more bullish on its prospects."

When the American home of Ford are actively rethinking the old, "there's no replacement for displacement" argument, then we could see some interesting options to replace the 3.2 liter Transit donger in current Rangers and new Everests.

Edited by NanLaew

And what would be put into the Everest if it ever manages to get here? Surely not the 2.2? I would have thought the Everest would weigh more than the current ranger.

Maybe a clue in this article. Notably Ford's flagship cash cow pickup may be in for a radical, market forming change with an all-aluminum F-150 on the US market.

This currently has a choice of 3 engines, "a normally aspirated 3.5-litre V6, a turbocharged 3.5-litre EcoBoost V6 and a 5-litre V8." However, they are talking up a new 6-cylinder, 2.7 liter EcoBoost engine to be added in 2015 as follows, "325-horsepower twin-turbocharged 2.7-litre V6 gasoline engine that offers the power of a V8 with the efficiency of a six-cylinder."

"Ford’s conservative initial estimate was that the new 2.7-litre engine would account for roughly a quarter of F-150 sales, but based on the reaction from dealers, media and consumers at clinics, Ford is growing more bullish on its prospects."

When the American home of Ford are actively rethinking the old, "there's no replacement for displacement" argument, then we could see some interesting options to replace the 3.2 liter Transit donger in current Rangers and new Everests.

Don't hold your breath waiting for gasoline turbo engines in Thai pickups... ;)

Don't hold your breath waiting for gasoline turbo engines in Thai pickups... wink.png

Good point... but hopefully there's something similarly down-sized and efficient in the European diesel market that will migrate over this way. With all automotive assembly disappearing in Australia, where will Fords 'local' engines be developed and built? If the 3.2 Transit engine is being replaced, maybe there will be something mid-range between the 2.2 and 3.2. They are still going to make Transits aren't they? (albeit in Turkey or some other bunghole)

Don't hold your breath waiting for gasoline turbo engines in Thai pickups... wink.png

Good point... but hopefully there's something similarly down-sized and efficient in the European diesel market that will migrate over this way. With all automotive assembly disappearing in Australia, where will Fords 'local' engines be developed and built? If the 3.2 Transit engine is being replaced, maybe there will be something mid-range between the 2.2 and 3.2. They are still going to make Transits aren't they? (albeit in Turkey or some other bunghole)

The Australian market has really warmed up to diesel power over the past decade, even in passenger cars, so odds are they will get whatever we get. As to what that might be, who knows? Every player in the pickup market knows that Toyota have a new engine range coming for the Hilux, as do Mitsu with the Triton. The former won't be focussed on winning any HP pissing contests, but the latter sure will... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Had the roller cover by Raiton installed at their shop yesterday. Have to say I'm thoroughly impressed, both with the unit and the installation. 23,000 baht installed. It really looks like a factory installation and very well made.

This latest addition as well as the forward facing recording camera, reverse camera and reverse sensors just about has me finished with adding goodies. I do have an alarm and PKE unit on order though.....I love my gadgets biggrin.pngattachicon.gifIMG_0326.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0328.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0331.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0333.jpg

Do they have this roller shutter also electric???

hi guys.. just have a few questions that i am curios about.. i recently came back from Papua new guinea.. while there i had the chance to drive the ford 3.2 XLT 4x4 6speed MT. it was very good to drive. you can really feel the power.. one thing i noticed though was that the only the 3.2 had the decals on the sides with the 3.2 markings.. while the others only have Ranger written on the sides.. which i assume would be the 2.2 powered ones.. the part im curious about pertains to the rear bumper.. most of the rangers i saw in PNG had the bumper with the plate numbers under the bumper.. i only saw one with the plate number above.. in contrast here in Manila i have only seen a few with the rear bumpers with the plate numbers under.. what is the advantage and what are the reasons for the different designs?

• 7 months later...

We've got the Mazda top model a very similar machine and setup, and the USB will both charge phones etc and play music via USB stick, iPod and Samsung galaxy phones also work via USB as well, but simpler to use the Bluetooth for them. I'd imagine the Ford is the same - in fact I'm almost certain it is.

Hi all

Just became the owner of a used 2012 3.2 Wildtrack.

1.Just been out at night and when I have the headlights on I lose the display lighting on console illumination so no GPS etc.! any tips on what to do ?

2.Also when the lights are off the GPS navigation is working but in Thai language, any advice or tips on how to set to English would be greatly received.

Hi all

Just became the owner of a used 2012 3.2 Wildtrack.

1.Just been out at night and when I have the headlights on I lose the display lighting on console illumination so no GPS etc.! any tips on what to do ?

2.Also when the lights are off the GPS navigation is working but in Thai language, any advice or tips on how to set to English would be greatly received.

You need to adjust the brightness level of your dashboard LED's. It's one of the long black buttons underneath the speedo (the other scrolls the LED display function).

Any GPS would be after-market so you would need to post details of the make and model.

NanLaew ,

I did a copy and paste of all my music onto a 16gb thumb drive , all mp3 .

When I inserted the thumb drive into the USB port , there was a delay , then the radio came on.

I pressed AUX and there is nothing showing.......

NanLaew ,

I did a copy and paste of all my music onto a 16gb thumb drive , all mp3 .

When I inserted the thumb drive into the USB port , there was a delay , then the radio came on.

I pressed AUX and there is nothing showing.......

What file system did you format the flash drive using? It probably needs to be FAT32.