Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I used the same links when I googled before buying the battery. I also had some buddies do some price checking at battery shops along Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya before I got home. Nobody had prices like the online people claim. Maybe if I lived in Bangkok, I could use a Bangkok-based on-line battery shop that comes to the door. But I don't so I didn't.

Edited by NanLaew

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bbautobattery.com/Boliden_Dry_Price.html

These shops don't do you a favor if they buy your old battery, they sell it again and make a further profit.

People do collect plastic bottles, glass and paper and sale it..

What you think makes a car battery so heavy, water?

I just answered to your 5500 THB battery offer cause it is not just a little bit more then the usual sticker price...

The 3200 THB in the above link is still expensive.

I used the same links when I googled before buying the battery. I also had some buddies do some price checking at battery shops along Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya before I got home. Nobody had prices like the online people claim. Maybe if I lived in Bangkok, I could use a Bangkok-based on-line battery shop that comes to the door. But I don't so I didn't.

Do these battery shops ship their Boliden batteries via EMS / Thai post?

These shops don't do you a favor if they buy your old battery, they sell it again and make a further profit.

I just answered to your 5500 THB battery offer cause it is not just a little bit more then the usual sticker price...

Serious question?

Post office does things by weight.... think about it.

Serious question?

laugh.png Believe me, it was meant to be a serious question. coffee1.gif

I really like these batteries for use in LOS with their higher CCAs and dry cell technology.

I am trying to determine if the battery store has some means of shipping that keeps its total cost reasonable in the event I can't locate a Boliden battery in my local area.

Serious question?

laugh.png Believe me, it was meant to be a serious question. coffee1.gif

I really like these batteries for use in LOS with their higher CCAs and dry cell technology.

I am trying to determine if the battery store has some means of shipping that keeps its total cost reasonable in the event I can't locate a Boliden battery in my local area.

I can't imagine a transport company charging much more than 100 Baht to send it wherever you are.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the Raiton roller shutter installed on my WT 2.2.

Done by Boy Air Pattaya, total damage was 24K baht.

It took them the whole day, gave them the truck at 0900 and they called us at 1700 for pick-up.

Looks like they did a good job with drain fitted and all.

The truck is now ready for going to Koh Chang for Christmas holidays in December monthsmile.png

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone been shopping for a new Ranger lately?

Ignoring the rather nebulous 3.2 variant, 4x4's and the WT in any guise, what is the current, on-the-road cost for a 2.2, 4-door XLT with AT?

Any 'specials' from Ford at the moment?

And of course, what do delivery times look like?

Edited by NanLaew

Saw this Zulex center console for the Ranger at the motor Expo in Bangkok.

Very nice 8" screen and GPS included, a bit tired of having my old Garmin 205W fitted on the front shield and charging cable all over the place.

Anybody here having this and if yes, how is it?

http://www.zulex.co.th/products/product_detail/850

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice 8" screen and GPS included, a bit tired of having my old Garmin 205W fitted on the front shield and charging cable all over the place.

I've got one, which I also had installed to replace a Garmin Nuvi 205W. Bit of a learning curve on the GPS but I am getting up to speed with it now. The 8" display is obviously much better. The other advantages, if you need them, are the ability to play music videos and movies etc. There is an optional attachment called an MM Box (Multi media) which allows your phone's screen to be mirrored on the display. This is not particularly useful and will not work with dual sim phones. There are probably other phones as well but I have only been able to test it with about 6 different models.

The unit comes with a reversing camera but I opted to keep the Ford one with the display in the rear view mirror and mounted the new one facing forward.

Edited by Boksida

I've got one, which I also had installed to replace a Garmin Nuvi 205W. Bit of a learning curve on the GPS but I am getting up to speed with it now. The 8" display is obviously much better. The other advantages, if you need them, are the ability to play music videos and movies etc. There is an optional attachment called an MM Box (Multi media) which allows your phone's screen to be mirrored on the display. This is not particularly useful and will not work with dual sim phones. There are probably other phones as well but I have only been able to test it with about 6 different models.

The unit comes with a reversing camera but I opted to keep the Ford one with the display in the rear view mirror and mounted the new one facing forward.

Nice after market add-on! thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Saw your today in Soi Khao Noi Stefan. that orange is loud !!!

If anyone is interested in a 2.2/6 speed manual Hi Rider mine is going back together next week with a brand new long engine and I have been offered Bt.560,000 as a trade-in (with standard 17 alloy wheels) on a new vehicle. I do not care who gives me the monies (trade or private sale) so if your interested.........

Shortysteps_zps3a44a356.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the Raiton roller shutter installed on my WT 2.2.

Done by Boy Air Pattaya, total damage was 24K baht.

It took them the whole day, gave them the truck at 0900 and they called us at 1700 for pick-up.

Looks like they did a good job with drain fitted and all.

The truck is now ready for going to Koh Chang for Christmas holidays in December monthsmile.png

Where are boy air located about?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, do you have any idea where can I get in touch with a supplier of OEM parts and accessories for the new T6 Ford Ranger there in Thailand? I would really appreciate your help. I'm from the Philippines by the way :)

Edited by kcbicar

Hi guys, do you have any idea where can I get in touch with a supplier of OEM parts and accessories for the new T6 Ford Ranger there in Thailand? I would really appreciate your help. I'm from the Philippines by the way smile.png

OEM parts will only be available through authorised dealers: http://www.ford.co.th/en/locate-dealer

I was thinking of a supplier that is not affiliated with Ford. Since Thailand is where most of the Ford vehicles are manufactured, I suppose there are also some shops there who are selling cheap OEM accessories for the new Ford Ranger? External accessories to be specific (e.g. Roof Rails, Sports Bar, etc.)

Hi guys, do you have any idea where can I get in touch with a supplier of OEM parts and accessories for the new T6 Ford Ranger there in Thailand? I would really appreciate your help. I'm from the Philippines by the way smile.png

OEM parts will only be available through authorised dealers: http://www.ford.co.th/en/locate-dealer

I was thinking of a supplier that is not affiliated with Ford. Since Thailand is where most of the Ford vehicles are manufactured, I suppose there are also some shops there who are selling cheap OEM accessories for the new Ford Ranger? External accessories to be specific (e.g. Roof Rails, Sports Bar, etc.)

carry boy etc

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer - i.e. Ford - and infers you want genuine parts, which are only available through official dealers. Plenty of aftermarket accessories for the Ranger, but they're not OEM wink.png

Edited by IMHO

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 AT (Orange) and I was wondering if anyone has bought the same model recently. I was quoted a 6-12 month waiting time (which is in line with posts on this thread 1-2 years ago blink.png ). However, if I wanted to cut in line for a fee of 30,000 baht, I could get one right away from somewhere in Bangkok. Now aside from the shadiness of the whole proposal (this is Thailand, of course), is this in line with what other people are experiencing in other places in the country? By the way, this was by asking the dealership in Phitsanulok. Also, I was told that apparently with the Wildtraks there is no free 1st year insurance coverage unlike pretty much every other brand I talked to. So, if I were to take the offer, i could be driving a Wildtrak next week for 1109000+30000+25000

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 AT (Orange) and I was wondering if anyone has bought the same model recently. I was quoted a 6-12 month waiting time (which is in line with posts on this thread 1-2 years ago blink.png ). However, if I wanted to cut in line for a fee of 30,000 baht, I could get one right away from somewhere in Bangkok. Now aside from the shadiness of the whole proposal (this is Thailand, of course), is this in line with what other people are experiencing in other places in the country? By the way, this was by asking the dealership in Phitsanulok. Also, I was told that apparently with the Wildtraks there is no free 1st year insurance coverage unlike pretty much every other brand I talked to. So, if I were to take the offer, i could be driving a Wildtrak next week for 1109000+30000+25000

I, personally, like this truck enough so, that I would, 'Jump through their [they-got-us-by-the-demand-and-availability-short-hairs] hoops - TIT' and buy it .... if I could get the vehicle of my choice 'right away' - ('right away' to be explicitly defined).

You have to first determine whether the total cost is what you want to pay for this pickup.

Then, you should establish the conditions of the 30,000 payment: Is it to be paid upon delivery of the specified vehicle?

If the salesperson wants the 30,000 up front, I would want some mighty strong wording that allows me to retract the 30,000 if "the purchaser" found that the delivered pickup did not meet any of the conditions listed in the purchase agreement.

Have every detail you want on your truck listed in your purchase agreement on separate lines in 'Bullet' format, i.e.,:

- 3.2 L Black Wildtrak

- 18" wheels and tires

- premium suspension pkg.

- To be delivered to me NO LATER than ----------- date (otherwise all deposited monies to be promptly returned to purchaser)

- etc.

Hope to see you in your new pickup!

Thanks for your reply thailoht

That is my position as well, It would be worth the extra 30k if this is the only way to get one in a decent amount of time. My only concern is that the quoted lead time for the top of the line 3.2 AT Wildtrak is not accurate. I find it a little hard to believe that the Lead time for this truck 2.5 years after introduction is still so long. I got screwed over on my other vehicle (with the no supply and high demand) after the flood in 2011. At that point, I really needed a car, so I paid extra cash to Mitsubishi upfront to get my car. I found out that this was only a temporary supply and demand issue because a month or two later things stabilized again. I'm just surprised that Ford has not stabilized things 2.5 years later. Fortunately I'm in no huge hurry to get the truck, but I do need it in the next 2 months, which is why I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the latest lead times from Ford.

The T6 'minor (private) change'.....Black PlasticDip on wheels and parts of the front bumper...

Nice job on the dip, did you do it yourself or at some shop?

Myself...just wanted to see how it works....didn't even remove the wheels...worked OK

The T6 'minor (private) change'.....Black PlasticDip on wheels and parts of the front bumper...

Myself...just wanted to see how it works....didn't even remove the wheels...worked OK

how many cans did it take?

how many cans did it take?

1 primer+4 color...well almost 4,I left some for the touch-up if needed.

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to get a test-drive of a 3.2 Wildtrak Ranger before buying. I've had zero success despite Emails and phone-calls to Ford. I'm assuming that's been the situation for all members who have bought a new 3.2 Ranger ?

Now, after searching through test-drive articles etc I'm reading reports and spy-shots, from Australia, that the Ranger ( and Mazda BT50) are going to have a mid-2015 minor change involving the front and interior. Has any member heard the same and do they have any further details?

I'll now wait until 2015 or go for the Nissan Navara NP300 4X4 Auto.

I've been trying to get a test-drive of a 3.2 Wildtrak Ranger before buying. I've had zero success despite Emails and phone-calls to Ford. I'm assuming that's been the situation for all members who have bought a new 3.2 Ranger ?

Now, after searching through test-drive articles etc I'm reading reports and spy-shots, from Australia, that the Ranger ( and Mazda BT50) are going to have a mid-2015 minor change involving the front and interior. Has any member heard the same and do they have any further details?

I'll now wait until 2015 or go for the Nissan Navara NP300 4X4 Auto.[/quote

I like your last choice

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app