Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Dealer called today to confirm our order on the 2.2 white Ranger, we told them we had ordered a 3.2 Orange Chili and they seemed confused when we told them we were in there a week ago and cancelled order and was waiting on refund. They seem to have a hard time even delivering a refund. Will make a trip in person to talk to Mgr about refund and drive in with new Toyota!

It is getting a bit annoying,Backwoods...you've got your toyota and you will get your deposit back from ford,I think (I was waiting 6 weeks for mine from chevrolet..haa)...so, now back off a little...my "ride"(photo attached) went to another customer,but it's no problem...I will get it eventually...

...obviously,they are having delivery problems,but the truck is worth to wait for...wink.png

post-60959-0-87587100-1332950096_thumb.j

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I ordered the 2.2 Wildtrack 6AT in Chilli Red last week on the 20th and paid a small deposit. Salesman told me it'd be available around August/September which was/is fine for me. Yesterday we got the previously posted letter from Ford saying they can;t currently provide a delivery date and that to ease backlog, they are not taking orders at the BKK show (really?).

Today Mrs Pikey went back to Ford and the salesman reckoned September was still the timeline. Time will tell.......

Cheers,

Pikey.

There is really some problems at the Ford factory.... it is not running at capacity and there are parts not available here and there.

Colorado just launched in Malaysia and the truck is readily available. No waiting and you will get your truck once loan is approved.

Edited by patrick10

September-April? My gawd they must be really stuffed up at Ford.

I am waiting, but if its September I will only start waiting for the new Toyota then. Ford can kiss my lilly white a**e!

Been there, done that, driving my Toyota!

Ford just rang us saying we will get out WT next week, he said about mid week. He has some people have already got there's on Thursday.

I saw a chilli orange WT on the road yesterday too.

So looks like they are rolling out now smile.png

When ordering a 2.2 WT now what do you think would be the delivery time? I assume still several months to clear the backlog. Congrats on your ride, I hope you can give us a report about it:)

Ford just rang us saying we will get out WT next week, he said about mid week. He has some people have already got there's on Thursday.

When ordering a 2.2 WT now what do you think would be the delivery time? I assume still several months to clear the backlog. Congrats on your ride, I hope you can give us a report about it:)

You can no longer order Wildtraks, reports say they'll resume next year.

So looks like they are rolling out now :)

Great news!

I'd expect the orange is the first batch off the line.

I've gone for black. What colour did you go for?

You can no longer order Wildtraks, reports say they'll resume next year.

It sound like a backlog problem and not any problem with quality control, else they wouldn't be giving the 2.2 WT to customers now, as they would also have problems. Or perhaps these problems are only with the 3.2?

Is mazda also experiencing similar problems with their bt-50? Might have to take a closer look at the bt-50 at the show next week. The lakeside area is also allowing test drives at the show. Say a few mirages and swifts shooting around the track there.

So how long is delivery taking on the xlt auto then? Seen a few on the roads now.

No issues on the XLTs, so I'd expect within a month.

My dealer has 5 on the forecourt ready to go.

When I ordered the XLT late february, they told me 3 months. I'm happy with that, 'cos I'll be away until mid May anyway.

Well I am doing a road trip to Khao Sok next long weekend and stopping at a few places on the way, so hopefully I will be in the wildtrax and give it a good run in, otherwise I will be in the CRV if they dont break there promise.

Great news!

I'd expect the orange is the first batch off the line.

I've gone for black. What colour did you go for?

Mine is the orange.

For all those asking about an aftermarket audio unitpost-80555-0-21965900-1333243344_thumb.jpost-80555-0-79821100-1333243357_thumb.jpost-80555-0-76357500-1333243330_thumb.j.

I'll post the link for all that is interested in message, as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to.

It goes for the princely sum of 4,500.

Edited by stefan2519

Actually getting the vehicle is only half the issue. I got my blue XLT in January but have been waiting for the bedliner, chrome sportsbar and window hoods for the past 2 months with no end in sight. Probably still another 2 months away if you are chasing any accessories to come with it.

Actually getting the vehicle is only half the issue. I got my blue XLT in January but have been waiting for the bedliner, chrome sportsbar and window hoods for the past 2 months with no end in sight. Probably still another 2 months away if you are chasing any accessories to come with it.

Just curious but.....Does anyone offer the spray on type bed liner?

I have had Line-X in my truck here in the States since I bought new in 04

Great product

http://www.line-x.ca/index.php?page=home

Had the bedliner fitted to my 4dr XLT about a month ago, every other Ranger in the showroom also had one so must be plenty available now.

I've been offered a wildtrack 2.2 litre in chilli orange delivery end of April; probably won't take it, someone may be able to take my place in the queue as long as you pay my 5,000b deposit back to me (which comes off the cost of the car); if anyone wants it, PM me.

Bangkok dealer in Lard prao.

I've been offered a wildtrack 2.2 litre in chilli orange delivery end of April; probably won't take it, someone may be able to take my place in the queue as long as you pay my 5,000b deposit back to me (which comes off the cost of the car); if anyone wants it, PM me.

dam_n, still no news from my dealer.

When did you order Steve?

Thanks,

Stefan

For all those asking about an aftermarket audio unitpost-80555-0-21965900-1333243344_thumb.jpost-80555-0-79821100-1333243357_thumb.jpost-80555-0-76357500-1333243330_thumb.j.

I'll post the link for all that is interested in message, as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to.

It goes for the princely sum of 4,500.

Stefan, did you see this at the show? I think it's on display at the motorshow - a red ranger. I'll check it out on friday. Anyway, I wonder how hard the control panel will be to use - its very slanted now. Do you think it could incorporate a rear view camera / sat nav also?

Edited by culicine

No, I took it from the New Ranger fan page, but yes it's at the show.

Everything should work as OEM

I think it looks ok, but at it's current shape and colour I'm not going to rushing to buy one.

It's good to see one on the market already though, it just needs a little mire refinement.

dam_n, still no news from my dealer.

When did you order Steve?

Thanks,

Stefan

November 2011 - ordered the 3.2 wildtrak and have since bought a mini cooper s instead, and so may or may not still buy another pickup (probably will but highly possible it won't be a Ford after the d*&king around they have given me).

Had the bedliner fitted to my 4dr XLT about a month ago, every other Ranger in the showroom also had one so must be plenty available now.

Yes, now they do have bedliners available. you are correct. But... we ordered a sportsbar as well, and we have been told that they will only fit with a Wildtrack bedliner, which is not yet available?. The non-Wildtrack bedliner fits up and over the top lip of the tray, which is a very sensible solution and certainly my preferred option, but will not accomodate the sports bar fitting. the Wildtrack bedliner (which we are waiting for) fits flush up inside the inner lip, leaving the painted top edge of the tray exposed, which i think is a really dumb idea, as this will expose the paintwork to scratches dragging stuff in and out over the side of the truck.

Edited by Kabinretiree

Yes, now they do have bedliners available. you are correct. But... we ordered a sportsbar as well, and we have been told that they will only fit with a Wildtrack bedliner, which is not yet available?. The non-Wildtrack bedliner fits up and over the top lip of the tray, which is a very sensible solution and certainly my preferred option, but will not accomodate the sports bar fitting. the Wildtrack bedliner (which we are waiting for) fits flush up inside the inner lip, leaving the painted top edge of the tray exposed, which i think is a really dumb idea, as this will expose the paintwork to scratches dragging stuff in and out over the side of the truck.

How about an aftermarket sports bar and the non-wildtrak bedliner? Could water also penetrate under the bedliner in the wildtrak version? - it would have to be very well sealed. This scenario would also make fitting a canopy difficult (impossible on the wildtrak vehicle?).

I went to my dealer today, he had 2 Chilli orange Wildtracks in.

I'm impressed on the finish of the Wildtrak inside and out, you can't even compare it to the XLT.

One thing that jumps out straight away are the seats, very nice looking.

The finish on the bedliner is very good, silly things like cup holders and tie down hooks that you don't get on the XLT. ;-)

Also it gets Dunlops compared to Bridgstones on the XLT.

It's noticeably better looking IMHO.