Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Thanks for the heads up on that.....I don't want a chili orange though. But that is a thought, maybe a call around to some of the dealers might just turn up one that someone ordered and then didn't take.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people on a Thai webboard think that it has to do with problems supplying the the wind deflector attached under the front grill. Hard to believe it could be a piece of plastic causing all this hoopla so i doubt it. It's odd that a supply chain problem would cause this kind of delay and this kind of loss of revenue and negative pr. Unless...perhaps there isn't such a loss in revenue if they are getting a bigger margin sellling to another market?

I guess the disappointed ones are those that ordered the 3.2 and then the 2.2 WT and other variants? I will admit coming to the rodeo a bit late when I ordered my 2.2 XLT and that was only after seeing one on the apron at the Udon dealer in late January. So getting one just after Songkran sort of fits with the 2-3 months that I was told... although I did miss out on a red one that came up for grabs in February when someone couldn't come up with a down payment or was declined financing.

May be good to have show of hands who amongst these 66 pages of posts have actually got their wheels. I now have about 2200 km on the clock and over the past couple of days in Udon, I have seen a red XLT (twice on different days... same one?) and two other Gunmetal Blue XLT's today so they are getting common as muck in these parts! I just wish I had at least the red plates so I can have a less stressful trip when I head back south next week.

I guess the disappointed ones are those that ordered the 3.2 and then the 2.2 WT and other variants? I will admit coming to the rodeo a bit late when I ordered my 2.2 XLT and that was only after seeing one on the apron at the Udon dealer in late January. So getting one just after Songkran sort of fits with the 2-3 months that I was told... although I did miss out on a red one that came up for grabs in February when someone couldn't come up with a down payment or was declined financing.

May be good to have show of hands who amongst these 66 pages of posts have actually got their wheels. I now have about 2200 km on the clock and over the past couple of days in Udon, I have seen a red XLT (twice on different days... same one?) and two other Gunmetal Blue XLT's today so they are getting common as muck in these parts! I just wish I had at least the red plates so I can have a less stressful trip when I head back south next week.

Got my Black 2.2 XLT 4dr in early January, done almost 7000kms. Seen quite a few around up here in Chiang Rai and more and more being delivered, there were at least 10 awaiting collection when I was in the Ford dealer on Friday. The 4x4 3.2 WT I posted a pic of on Friday was in the local mall's car park yesterday, was getting a fair bit of attention too!

Yes it just unbelievable, got the price list from Ford Pattaya with all the Ranger models and you can't even order some of them?? We want to order a 2.2 Wildtrack if we like the ride but we can't even test ride an auto XLT model? They must have lost hundreds if not thousand of customers here in Thailand. Its very likely easier to order & buy a bloody Ferrari, lol.

I am still considering if we wait or we gonna buy a MPJ 2.5.

It's been awhile since I owned a diesel.

I checked the oil level with the dip-stick, and was surprised to see how black the oil had gone in just 2 weeks.

Is it supposed to go that black, that quick?

I checked the oil level with the dip-stick, and was surprised to see how black the oil had gone in just 2 weeks.

Yes that is quite normal on all combustion engines.

Yes that is quite normal on all combustion engines.

Just checked my oil and at 2500 km in 2 weeks, it's not black at all. Mind you, that mileage includes an Isaan/Rayong round-trip via Krungthep so that may have "unclogged the pores" so to speak. Maybe if the runs have all been short ones around town, she may have more 'coke in her bunker'? My experience is with old-fangled diesel plants and there were always issues with sticking rings and glazed cylinders when these engines weren't properly exercised. Not sure if that applies at all to new-fangled diesel motors.

Popped in past the dealer and now have red plates so that should save some daylight agro from the Bangkok MiB... but I won't hold my breath. Road trip!

Edited by NanLaew

I think we can safely select this thread as the longest most depressing thread in the history of the motoring forum violin.gif Well not for the few lucky sods who already got their rangers:)

Piss on the Barby mate. "I'm alright Jack" I got mine in Jan. The colour I wanted and only within 2 weeks of ordering it.....not that I am gloating !

I think we can safely select this thread as the longest most depressing thread in the history of the motoring forum violin.gif Well not for the few lucky sods who already got their rangers:)

Piss on the Barby mate. "I'm alright Jack" I got mine in Jan. The colour I wanted and only within 2 weeks of ordering it.....not that I am gloating !

LOL. You should have gone and bought a lottery ticket at the time as well!

Read an article in the 'other paper' about the official opening of the new expansion at Ford Rayong. It said that 80% of ALL cars assembled there are for export so quick and dirty math on their production numbers indicates that the total of ALL models available on the local market is only about 59,000 units per year. Maybe they didn't count on the uplift in local demand for the new Ranger although the orders placed at the motor show a couple of years should have rung some bells.

Edited by NanLaew

came across these pics on a Thai ranger forum, seems like they're making "wildtrak" leather seat covers for those who opted for the XLT with cloth trim. 5,800 Baht

Leather for 5 800 Baht ?...that looks like pretty cheap vinyl "look'a'like"...

came across these pics on a Thai ranger forum, seems like they're making "wildtrak" leather seat covers for those who opted for the XLT with cloth trim. 5,800 Baht

Leather-ish. Lets not get hung up on the finer details eh. :)

Leather-ish. Lets not get hung up on the finer details eh. smile.png

Hey,no problem here....I may even concider it myself,since there are mostly kids and family riding with me...I just won't put it over my seat wink.png ...

Hey,no problem here....I may even concider it myself,since there are mostly kids and family riding with me...I just won't put it over my seat wink.png ...

They will keep the seats clean, especially if you have fabric seats. Good fabric cleaning isn't cheap, so it's a good idea if you have kids. Would be worried they might get a bit sticky in very hot weather though. They don't look to bad in the pics and could be passed off as leather with just a glance - important to impress the neighbours u know laugh.png

They will keep the seats clean, especially if you have fabric seats. Good fabric cleaning isn't cheap, so it's a good idea if you have kids. Would be worried they might get a bit sticky in very hot weather though. They don't look to bad in the pics and could be passed off as leather with just a glance - important to impress the neighbours u know laugh.png

Yes,exactly...laugh.png ...BTW,has anybody ever seen the "real" fabric seat covers around? I had to bring a set from Hawaii,but it is getting old now...I don't see the leather in the Tropics comfortable,gets almost as sticky as vinyl...

I have been wondering why people order the Ford instead of Mazda?

They are about the same but Mazda is much cheaper.

Did most of you think like me, that the Mazda is to ugly or did you have other reasons when you choosed?.

(I am waiting for my Ford 2.2 WT 4x4)

I've used "fabric" seatcovers for years on my leather seats. Not so much for the heat, but because leaver seats in the honda civic are very hard - the leather is very tight on them and still is after 8 years of having my fat ass on them. The covers I have are red and have foam padding in them - they aren't a 'full' seatcover as the back is still exposed. I think they were 1200 baht a set or something for the fronts. You can find those in shopping centres, often in the open areas that sell car stuff.

I've used "fabric" seatcovers for years on my leather seats. Not so much for the heat, but because leaver seats in the honda civic are very hard - the leather is very tight on them and still is after 8 years of having my fat ass on them. The covers I have are red and have foam padding in them - they aren't a 'full' seatcover as the back is still exposed. I think they were 1200 baht a set or something for the fronts. You can find those in shopping centres, often in the open areas that sell car stuff.

...yeah,I've seen those,not exactly "fabric"....for the tropical climate one needs something breathable,like the mesh type,cotton,or...the sheepskin smile.png

...yeah,I've seen those,not exactly "fabric"....for the tropical climate one needs something breathable,like the mesh type,cotton,or...the sheepskin smile.png

those "olden days" beaded covers would provide air circulation and save grinding sweaty dirt into the leather...

those "olden days" beaded covers would provide air circulation and save grinding sweaty dirt into the leather...

..hehe...remember them...

..hehe...remember them...

I had one in my mini in Australia. Took a bit of getting used to but was good for driving from Brisbane to Newcastle in a day, over 750 kms.

I have been wondering why people order the Ford instead of Mazda?

They are about the same but Mazda is much cheaper.

Did most of you think like me, that the Mazda is to ugly or did you have other reasons when you choosed?.

(I am waiting for my Ford 2.2 WT 4x4)

I didn't even check the prices of the Mazda. When the 'concept' pictures were released maybe 3 years ago, I thought the Mazda looked ugly. When they finally released the Ranger and the BT-50, the latter remained the ugly one IMHO (although I reckon the Mazda interior trumps the Rangers).

I had one in my mini in Australia. Took a bit of getting used to but was good for driving from Brisbane to Newcastle in a day, over 750 kms.

Just popping out to say hi to your neighbour was you

lol

huhhhh ???

lol

huhhhh ???

he's exaggerating the distance between homes in the more rural parts of Australia

lol

huhhhh ???

he's exaggerating the distance between homes in the more rural parts of Australia

OHH I get it:) Actually I was moving house to go to Newie to study, and had the mini completely loaded up. Have to stop at every petrol station though, took me about 10 hours, with the car misfiring for the last 100 kmsw00t.gif

Actually "popping up the road in Australia", would be trips less than 100 kms :)

lol

huhhhh ???

OHH I get it:) Actually I was moving house to go to Newie to study, and had the mini completely loaded up. Have to stop at every petrol station though, took me about 10 hours, with the car misfiring for the last 100 kmsw00t.gif

Actually "popping up the road in Australia", would be trips less than 100 kms smile.png

I think you mean Newcastle or the Toon. Come to think of it you can't call it Newcastle as your version of the Tyne bridge is in Sydney and I bet it doesn't even have a castle.