90 Day Reporting

ChiangMaiFun

I was down speaking with the head of immigration on another matter last week and I asked him about the rumour. He said ...it is only a rumour and gave his reasons why "on line 90 day reporting" would not be possible in his view.

OK I give in..............why not?

Uptheos....It was a private conversation, which I respect and will not divulge his thoughts for such a forum as this.

OK - At least one person in Chiang Mai knows the thinking of the head of immigration....well done. smile.gif

ecause 90 day reporting can be done easily by post and they really want to have a look at anyone actually turning up in person to do it...

Interesting guess, but I'd quite like to hear the reasons that the chief of immigration gave to Raindancer.

It doesn't make sense, anyone can send it in for you (though they are not supposed to), so why can't anyone take it in for you?

Anyone can take it in for you!!!! But that is not the topic in question...The topic is about the reasons why it is unlikely that you will be unable to renew by online for 90 day reporting.

no it's not- the topic was why they deduct days if you report early cool.gif

Apologies for the diversion CMF.

I think the reason was given earlier is as good as any. If they had to keep changing the date on the stamp there would be chaos, especially if they haven't received adequate training in such. wink.gif

Whatever day they choose to give you 90 days from is inconsequential because the maximum number of times you will need to report is 3 per calendar year regardless.

why???

Because they give you the same leeway being late as early. Actually if you never leave the country you need to report 4 times a year unless you can do it during your annual extension visit which I do in MHS.

I've got to report on April 18th , I was thinking to do it by post , I fear loads

of people after Songkran , the last time I went the queue was 70 people on a normal day , unbelievable , used to be 5 minutes and out of there , takes at least 45 minutes these days .

Can someone post the immigration address for me ?

And how many days before the day of actual report I should send all the paperwork ?

How much postal stamp should I put in the envelope ?

appreciate any answer , never did it this way , but serious so bored to go reporting .

Hello Thaivisa members :rolleyes:

Just for info, I did my 90 days report last thursday, the Police officer told me that it is possible to report 15 days before or 7 days after the date with no fine.

after 7 days, fine is 2000 to 5000 BTH maximum...

Have a good day

15 days you say , well could be a solution to skip the songkran period , but

isn't there anyone doing the the thing by post ? Would want to know the experience

and address please .... :ermm:

You need to send your immigration office:

1)Copy of all passport pages

2)Copy of TM6 arrival card

3)Previous TM47 notification receipt, if any

4)Filled out form TM47 (90 day notification)

5)Self addressed envelope with 5 baht stamp affixed

by registered mail and keep the receipt til you get the TM47 receipt back.

I go to MHS so don't have the post address for CM

Whatever day they choose to give you 90 days from is inconsequential because the maximum number of times you will need to report is 3 per calendar year regardless.

why???

Because they give you the same leeway being late as early. Actually if you never leave the country you need to report 4 times a year unless you can do it during your annual extension visit which I do in MHS.

yes 4 times not 3 jap.gif

15 days you say , well could be a solution to skip the songkran period , but

isn't there anyone doing the the thing by post ? Would want to know the experience

and address please .... :ermm:

You need to send your immigration office:

1)Copy of all passport pages

2)Copy of TM6 arrival card

3)Previous TM47 notification receipt, if any

4)Filled out form TM47 (90 day notification)

5)Self addressed envelope with 5 baht stamp affixed

by registered mail and keep the receipt til you get the TM47 receipt back.

I go to MHS so don't have the post address for CM

You don't need copies of ALL passport pages.

The copies you need from your passport are;

Front page with your personal details

Current Visa

TM6 Arrival Card

Last exit and entry stamp.

Make sure you sign them.

You can Google the address.

Edited by uptheos