Law Prohibiting Marriage To Foreigners Over The Age Of 50 Proposed To Thai Cabinet

webfact

28 pages of idiots that don't know the date JEEZZZZ

:blink:

It is like yelling FIRE in a theater. A lot of people only hear the words and don't bother to look around and see if the place is on fire.

When you hit such a sensitive nerve only the most objective can step back and analytically observe what is going on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is no big deal. There is no need to marry, and it will bring a sigh of relief from many who are being pressured by their GF and her family. What is not mentioned in the article that the proposal also includes a restriction on inheritance. Any clause in the Will of foreigner which favours a Thai national will be become null and void. And this IS retro-active. This will cause some consternation, and possibly protests which will overshadow anything the red shirts have managed.

Can you explain more fully the clause you mentioned regarding inheritance. If one is married and have a valid will in Thai and English are you saying that the wife as legal next of kin cannot have what the will states??

No - tonytidbury is talking <deleted>.

If you have a valid Will it will cover your assets (you have none in Thailand apart from car/motor cy and bank account).

If you are NOT married you cannot claim UK bereavement benefits

Well I don't have the energy to laugh, because I actually lost a night's sleep. In Europe at the moment, I saw the message alert just before logging out of my email account for the night. Tired from a stressful day, it actually sickened me, and I am feeling the consequence of sleep deprevation.

So for me, two things have been lost:

1. an important night's sleep.

2. My trust in Thaivisa.com as a credible news source.

One would not have this happen on either CNN or the BBC. It should not happen here.

There there, it'll be OK tomorrow.

Som Nam Na, about time, will see less whine storys and less whores hopfully. You never know, one day it might require looks and a personality to get a good looking girl.

Personality and looks to get a good looking girl? Not anymore, in ANY country! Add good income to that list! Money makes the world go round! World go round!

In response to JohnHender.

sometimes i think Thai women just deseverse Thai guys"

What a stupid comment. Thai men are like any other, some good, some bad.

I am sure that you are right but a lot of Thai women would disagree with you. I have heard so many of them say Thai man no good, big butterfly, no work, dink dink dink like boxing me .....etc...etc are all of these women wrong?

it is very clear that are nothining more that brainless insect;)

you know they may be doing so of these guys a huge favor.You dont have to get married . i think it is great ! Really stupid law it is telling when you have to copie Cambodia a so called lower country . But for the young girls there goes the easy life . It is a good way to keep poor young girls in their place at the bottom . sometimes i think Thai women just deseverse Thai guys (even know thai girls ask me to set them up with my american friends everyday)

This must be a joke? I DON'T WANT to believe it. It must be a joke, right? :(

I saw this law a few days ago in Cambodia, to protecting morality of Cambodians women.

If this is not because of Fool day it is ridiculous.

If for real, all i can say is democracy in the full sense of the word. :partytime2:

Of course, in a way as the democratic party, the current government with satellites (one-man-band parties) understands democracy. :cheesy:

For the next election, every candidate for political position would must to take the exam in democracy and civil and human rights then to submit his/her candidacy. Especially if he/she is a member of the Democratic Party.

This brilliant idea, let us call it the right word - stupidity, is copied from the new law in Cambodia, a few days ago.

Is it a lack of originality, creativity and ideas on further discrimination of foreigners or just a sign of improving relations with Cambodia?

Disgusting and humiliating!

:hit-the-fan:

...and it just doesn't stop with politicians; stupidity permeates every facet of life here.

An amazing place to sit and just observe.

I knew that the Thai politicians are stupid but that they are so stupid I never imagined........

Well I don't have the energy to laugh, because I actually lost a night's sleep. In Europe at the moment, I saw the message alert just before logging out of my email account for the night. Tired from a stressful day, it actually sickened me, and I am feeling the consequence of sleep deprevation.

One would not have this happen on either CNN or the BBC. It should not happen here.

OMG! Get a sense of humor already! You would be one of those who would commit suicide after being pranked with a fake winning lottery ticket. And if your heart is that set upon finding a Thai wife exclusively, I certainly hope she is all she's cracked up to be in the end. You might have a nervous breakdown when you find out what some Thai women are like. I do wish you the best, but............. dam_n! :violin:

To TV Admin: :clap2: Nice one!!

PS: You might want to contact your attorney - this guy sounds wacky enough to attempt a lawsuit over this to me. :crazy:

Edited by 61guitarman61

Am I the only one who happens to notice that this piece of crap is an April Fool Joke ?

No, but maybe you're the only one that's slow?

If thai visa Admin put this on as an April Fools topic would that not be trolling and against rules?? Just curious...:D

And I was going to marry my girlfriend on her 18th birthday.. and now I am 49..... but her 18th birthday is not for another 20 months... shit happens...!!! Looks like I`ll just have to stay single...( just joking guys..! ) I married her already..!

TV not a credible news source? This would never happen on the BBC? What the...?

Never mind the money trees

Do you not remember the spaghetti trees?

It's a shame you lost so much, but April Fool's day has quite a long tradition, can I suggest you join in the joke?

There there, it'll be OK tomorrow.

It certainly will be better tomorrow, and the days thereafter.

I have better things to do than to associate with the disrespectful. Goodbye.

Edited by TechnikaIII

I agree with John Hender. It would be difficult to find a farang on the avg. that would treat a Thai woman as bad as does a Thai man with their macho ways and their belief that a wife is simply their property. I just wonder how long you have lived in this country to think that JohnHender is wrong. I live in Thailand and I say JohnHender hit the nail on the head. The vast majority of Thai men hate Caucasians. That is the reason for this law. It is racist but so is the whole country. Thia men spend their lives lying and never think a thing about it. They absolutely cannot be trusted. When a Thai man says he will do something for you that means he has already done it. Yes, I am married to a Thai and she doesn't think any better of Thai men than I do. And "innocent" Thai girls? Give me a break.

Yes. Thailand should bring in this law to prohibit older Farangs and other foreigners from marrying very young women .

I have seen some farangs with young wives who could be their grand daughters!.

Laos and Cambodia have enacted these law: why not Thailand.

I doubt very much that the persons you are refering to are married,,, I would though that the young women in question were on hire only.

I agree with John Hender. It would be difficult to find a farang on the avg. that would treat a Thai woman as bad as does a Thai man with their macho ways and their belief that a wife is simply their property. I just wonder how long you have lived in this country to think that JohnHender is wrong. I live in Thailand and I say JohnHender hit the nail on the head. The vast majority of Thai men hate Caucasians. That is the reason for this law. It is racist but so is the whole country. Thia men spend their lives lying and never think a thing about it. They absolutely cannot be trusted. When a Thai man says he will do something for you that means he has already done it. Yes, I am married to a Thai and she doesn't think any better of Thai men than I do. And "innocent" Thai girls? Give me a break.

I know Tha- Thaii married couples in which the husbands are super nice, kind, and caring people. No doubt some are not if you look around. Not all thai guys are low lives akin to some motorbike taxi drivers, etc etc.

I wonder what % of TV users lives revolve around the entertainment industry and associated people?

" Oh honey I love you, thai man no good" translated = aint no taxi driver dumb enough to support my extended family

Close shave, April fools, great as I thought I would not be able to marry my princess and then pay for all her relatives existences. " sigh of relief"

Edited by atyclb

quick, before they pass this law.

you can easily divorce anytime in the future.

on the second thought, over 50 you can get a retirement visa, no need to marry

:whistling:

You missed the point

Retirement Visa 800,000baht inthe account

marraige Visa 400,000baht in the account

:)

Thank you Thailand! I hope to retire this year and have been pondering what to do concerning a relationship. Now I do not need to worry about dowry, marriage pressure, etc. Gee, I relly love you and want to marry you but the government says I cannot. Kop kun khrap mahk, mahk!