Law Prohibiting Marriage To Foreigners Over The Age Of 50 Proposed To Thai Cabinet

webfact

This only shows how some members jump onto every bandwagon passing by, how thick can one be .......

Funny and sad at the same time.

Makes you proud to be a part of it, doesn't it?

The liveliest English-language debating forum in Thailand...

SC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A monumental win for the sex tourism industry. More single women on the street...lower prices. Way to go Thailand........ruin any chance to legitimize young women through marriage.

What a shame. Especially because there is really no benefit to marrying a thai anyway when compared to the benefits in the uk and us. It is like children are running this country. They should do the opposite of this and award valid marriages and demonize people who stay here and do NOT get married. I am sure the uscis would work closely with them to introduce a framework by which marriages are examined for validity. It costs around 3000 dollars to go from marriage to green card in the us without a lawyer. That would be a welcomed income stream for Thailand and would eclipse the 400,000 baht discrepancy. And they could even go ahead and make it 800,000 for everyone who wishes to marry a girl under 25.

laugh.gif

A monumental win for the sex tourism industry. More single women on the street...lower prices. Way to go Thailand........ruin any chance to legitimize young women through marriage.

What a shame. Especially because there is really no benefit to marrying a thai anyway when compared to the benefits in the uk and us. It is like children are running this country. They should do the opposite of this and award valid marriages and demonize people who stay here and do NOT get married. I am sure the uscis would work closely with them to introduce a framework by which marriages are examined for validity. It costs around 3000 dollars to go from marriage to green card in the us without a lawyer. That would be a welcomed income stream for Thailand and would eclipse the 400,000 baht discrepancy. And they could even go ahead and make it 800,000 for everyone who wishes to marry a girl under 25.

Kind of funny.....but makes you realize how this may not be just happening on April fools. Careful where you get your news from now on. The really funny phenomenon is the amount of long stories and confessions by these old guys on here about how they married whores from the street. They must feel like right you know what's right now.

I am trying to work out how these 2 posts work together, 1 before you figured out you'd been had, and the second attacking people because you'd been had?

I think it's a matter of jealousy. Pure and simple. "Innocent" Thai women like farangs because we treat them better and because we generally have more money. I'm betting somebody in the Ministry has a son who was jilted by an "innocent" Thai girl for some devil of an old farang with only half a million in the bank!

If they were seriously worried about the financial aspects, they would simply raise the 400K to 800K. There fixed!

This will hurt the bar girls who depend on this income source. After all 20 year old laborers visiting from Oz don't usually have the resources to support the girl.

Question: Aren't there international treaties that demand marriages in one country be recognized in other countries? How about Britain decides not to recognize marriages in Thailand? Who will work in London Thai restaurants?

Ridiculous.

Wouldn't it be more effective (and less of a so there sucke in statement) to outlaw men over 50 from getting a spousal Visa.

Who cares if the bar girl he is with is his wife or not? Saying he can't get married isn't going to stop him going home or out with young girls.

Or maybe they should crack down on brothels etc.

Rude ba5trd

Innocent Thaivisa?

Shame on you for this unfunny joke.

Suspend yourselves for not moderating this thread.

If one of us started this thread we would be gone forever on suspension.

You cannot be gone forever if you are suspended.The cord keeping you up prevents you from falling.

Why not just let it be and laugh along with the rest of us?

Innocent Thaivisa?

Shame on you for this unfunny joke.

Suspend yourselves for not moderating this thread.

If one of us started this thread we would be gone forever on suspension.

Doubtful.

It's like finding a fresh gecko turd in your morning cornflakes, whining about it on a forum, and then blaming the gecko, or the gecko warden for not closing the box the day before.

Get a grip, get a life, and more importantly, chill out..... if this is the worst thing that has happened to you this year so far, think yourself lucky.

THis is still alive. And we say "Amazing Thailand!" How about "Amazing Thaivisa!" For having the gonads and sense of humor to pull this off, and then for the bozos who still can't let it go. Amazing! :)

Sorry if anyone else has suggested this (way too many posts to read each one carefully), but Google Tawatchai Suksoom. Freaking hilarious. There must be 15 different languages and tons of websites reporting this.

Isn't Chaovarat Chanweerakul, Thailand's Minister of Interior?

Ahh a spokesman, never mind.

Perhaps this is designed to ensure a more affordable supply of bar girls and prostitutes for the locals .It will certainly increase the number of girls working as there will be no point in trying to find a wealthy old farang online via the dating / marriage agencies . No need for many Thai businesses anymore either .

.And due to the additional supply of girls there will be a more abundant and cheaper supply of young girls for the old Thai men who are tired of their wives .Cambodia has shown them how to increase poverty , prostitution and ensure a greater supply of younger girls working in bars . Purely self centred interests that will bite them in the balls as time passes and they no longer have the farang money being left in Thailand for them to spend .

Don't they know that getting married will cost a lot more than 400,000 baht. So reducing the financial requirement would hardly be valid reason to get married. :(

i spend 3-5 million baht a year of my income in Thailand on household and wife expenses. if my wife married a Thai - her ex-bf for example - their annual income would be lower than my monthly income. which marriage would be better for Thai economy?

if a 20-year old Thai girl marries a 70-year old farang, how long will that marriage have to last?? she could easily remarry a Thai guy within 10 years and she'd have a big farang house to live in!

EDIT: i know its a joke. im just getting my comments in there since this will probably trigger a real law..

Edited by vahack

My post was a Joke to the baboons who didnt get it.

I could care less about being married to a Thai.

It was a tongue in cheek post and if you read the entire thread you would know it.

Some morons still are taking all of this seriously!

We are now in Day 3 of As the world Spins.

Now all the dating websites will have to add a warning to all the panthers 50 and over that they can

play, fornicate and have a flings but it is prohibited by law to marry them..LOL...

No matter if joke or not.

No problem to marry and stay abroad. Only if you would think about moving to LOS there might be a problem. So in my case we (m48/W36) couldn't ever move to LOS as a married couple....

And happy April 1st...

Edited by Sturbuc

Can you tell me why this thread has not been closed? I am sick of this thsi.mod bashing It was funny yesterday....<deleted>.

Can you tell me why you're still following this thread?

Yes, if none of us post it will die a natural death.

"In many cases they are old enough to be their father" ( or grandfather) but hey, I'm not casting stones. :)

"If these people don't have enough money to retire then they shouldn't be here and become a burden to Thailand," I'm not sure how farangs who don't have 800,000 baht in the bank can be a burden. It's not like in the U.S., where a quite a few Thai's draw welfare checks and food stamps, which they don't have in Thailand. I would need an explanation on that statement please.

How about they put that proposal on a nation wide ballot. Think it would fly?

Only an American Citizen or citizen of an American Commonwealth can draw services or benefits from the American Government such as welfare and food stamps. If you are a Thai American this is true but if you are not a naturalized citizen or born American it is not true, just as in Thailand you will be deported if you are not a citizen.

EDIT: i know its a joke. im just getting my comments in there since this will probably trigger a real law..

Yeah, of course you knew it was a joke all along, you didn't just post, re-read the other posts on the page and then add this comment...wink.gif

Is it possible this thread could be closed? Some people need saving from themselves.

Nah !! This is like watching a train crash in slow-mo ... but funny as well as horrific :)

And of course you can't look away

like a puppy in a car window going past the butchers!

It's funny how these things work.

The people constantly expressing their surprise, that the thread is still going, are outweighing, and becoming more tedious than the posters who are still believing the OP.

Perhaps their should now be a wave of people, ridiculing the people, who are still laughing at the people who are still believing the OP.

As seen on another website quoting this OP:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9964

Mr. S. this is pretty fuc_ked up. I wonder if all of ASEAN will be forced to do this after 2015? That would rule out any SE Asian country for guys over 50. They would have a hard time getting regular girls to date them unless they were promising an overseas marriage down the road. There would be more pay for play, that's for sure. Stupid politicians and radical feminism always trying to ruin a good thing...

Will this become Urban Legend?

Passing forever into the internet and popping up in forums world wide periodically and confusing the shit out of newbies for generations?

Edited by animatic