Thai Ladies On Television

Semper

I 've wondered this a lot watching TV over here, where you see a many many female presenters who are wearing very short skirts and sitting down will be clutching a huge cushion in their lap. This is obviously to cover whatever you can see under their skirts.

So my question is whats the point whith the short skirts? :rolleyes:

Part of the Thai female paradox - part image. Part modesty.

The thing I notice is most of the women in the media and in advertisements are white skinned. No wonder all the issan girls want to wear that whitening creme. I don't think it's healthy for the country to give the majority of the people inferiority complexes. But then again the west does it all the time by using unrealistically thin women. That's just what people want to see I guess. Same with the short skirt thing.

The thing I notice is most of the women in the media and in advertisements are white skinned. No wonder all the issan girls want to wear that whitening creme. I don't think it's healthy for the country to give the majority of the people inferiority complexes. But then again the west does it all the time by using unrealistically thin women. That's just what people want to see I guess. Same with the short skirt thing.

Sure, this promotion of the paler presentation has been for a while - TV, film, adverts, etc. I might question as to what they want.....but instead, it's clever straight forward social engineering.

Because basically most women are posers, it`s probably part of the female genetic makeup and can even be within their subconscious without them even realalising.

This pertains worldwide, not only in Thailand.

There maybe several reasons for this and goes much further than just trying to be attractive for the attention of men or for sexual reasons.

Sometimes it is a case of competivness with other women, a body language way of saying; I am better than you, fitter, healthier, of better quality and a more appealing person. Bitchiness in fact.

Or a way of advertising that she is an achiever, has all the goods properly proportioned in the right places and maybe available for the right guy who can benefit her career or her lifestyle.

Where as men have to prove themselves by displaying talent and skills in order to archive, women can influence people with they're bodies. Desirable, talented and good for promoting or as a window for any business.

The same goes for nude modelling, these women really do enjoy exhibiting their bodies and at most times there is no sexual Innuendo behind the females thinking but in a way they are playing on a possibly sexual interpretation of an otherwise innocent activity to be used for they're benefit of acquiring something, such as a career opportunity, attention seeking, fame or a wealthy partner, especially if they are a bit lacking with the grey matter.

Women use their bodies for gain one way or another. It`s the old philosophy, if you got it, flaunt it. Saves time and energy and in many cases can lead them up the golden path with the minimum of effort. A short cut to the top via the desires of men.

It is also natures way for woman to prove that they are fit and healthy, good for child bearing, whereas men have to prove to females that they can provide for her in the best possible way by displaying material wealth. This is why many women are so attracted to wealthy guys.

That's the way it is and that's the way it always will be. The mind of a women? Quite easy to understand when you reach a certain age and have learnt what it`s all about.

Now, would I lie to you?

post-110219-0-94769600-1301801835_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Have you tried adjusting your set?

SC

The Question Why.....Goes out the window in Thailand I gave up years wondering Why certain things happen here.

They just do............And Thats Whybiggrin.gif

I've said it once, I've said it twice, What I say thrice is true

to paraphrase the bellman....

SC

(Lewis Carroll, "The Hunting of the Snark")

It is called being a tease and why some men go gay after so many years of being straight. You see the old guys who come over to Thailand after 60 years of heterosexual behavior and have finally had it with the tease thing.

It is one of the reasons I moved into a nudist colony in the States. I got tired of wondering what was behind the pillow.

It is also one of the reasons I like Pattaya. There are a lot of female flashers in Pattaya. Never saw many in Iowa.

Because basically most women are posers, it`s probably part of the female genetic makeup and can even be within their subconscious without them even realalising.

There maybe several reasons for this and goes much further than just trying to be attractive for the attention of men or for sexual reasons.

Sometimes it is a case of competivness with other women, a body language way of saying; I am better than you, fitter, healthier, of better quality and a more appealing person. Bitchiness in fact.

Or a way of advertising that she is an achiever, has all the goods properly proportioned in the right places and maybe available for the right guy who can benefit her career or her lifestyle.

Where as men have to prove themselves by displaying talent and skills in order to archive, women can influence people with they're bodies. Desirable, talented and good for promoting or as a window for any business.

The same goes for nude modelling, these women really do enjoy exhibiting their bodies and at most times there is no sexual Innuendo behind the females thinking but in a way they are playing on a possibly sexual interpretation of an otherwise innocent activity to be used for they're benefit of acquiring something, such as a career opportunity, attention seeking, fame or a wealthy partner, especially if they are a bit lacking with the grey matter.

Women use their bodies for gain one way or another. It`s the old philosophy, if you got it, flaunt it. Saves time and energy and in many cases can lead them up the golden path with the minimum of effort. A short cut to the top via the desires of men.

It is also natures way for woman to prove that they are fit and healthy, good for child bearing, whereas men have to prove to females that they can provide for her in the best possible way by displaying material wealth. This is why many women are so attracted to wealthy guys.

That's the way it is and that's the way it always will be. The mind of a women? Quite easy to understand when you reach a certain age and have learnt what it`s all about.

Now, would I lie to you?

hiya, how about mindset of hiso ladies???? they;ve already got the wealth so would they look for wealthy dudes as well???

i've always dressed as a begger and im not rich, but i get the feeling this hiso lady is staring at me as she wants me in her bed!!!! nah im just wishing....

hiya, how about mindset of hiso ladies???? they;ve already got the wealth so would they look for wealthy dudes as well???

i've always dressed as a begger and im not rich, but i get the feeling this hiso lady is staring at me as she wants me in her bed!!!! nah im just wishing....

I know three sets of Thai sisters who come from wealthy families. All of them seem to have trouble finding suitable men to marry. That is probably because they won't marry BELOW their station in life and there are not that many suitable men in their hierarchy. In Thailand there is a wide disparity of income between the halves and the have nots, and there are not the numbers of wealthy men to choose from.

Now, would I lie to you?

Perhaps it's not the wealth she desires, mate!:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The west dont only do it by using thin women. The biggest factor in female complexes in the west is photoshopping/airbrushing images.

Have you tried adjusting your set?

SC

:D:D:D

But seriously ... the Thai soap operas are even filmed in a strange over-exposed tone that make the white skin seem luminous.

I did hear one theory .... in Asia (it's not just Thailand) dark skin means you work in a field, whereas in Europe it means you can afford to go on holiday to somehwere with sun.

We white skin in Asia and tanned skin in Europe are both forms of class one-upmanship.

And I used to smile at the ladies with their sun shades as they walk in the 10 foot of sun between the BTS and the shops .... but then I noticed recently when having a swim with some Thai friends ....their skin went darker almost immediately - they were like react-o-light sunglasses!

• 2 weeks later...

Now, would I lie to you?

There is another word for this.

Ecellent Read Beetlejuce...that about sums it up.

are you feckking serious?

would you prefer a burkha?

my, but isn't the generation gap vast.

and what exactly are men archiving [sic]?

and here i was sure the idiocracy spent all its time in the general forum

Edited by nocturn

I like the morning show with the four lovely ladies all sat behind a counter and they are discussing light hearted subject matter and they get a bit excited sometimes and they all start going " moo moo , mooooo , moo mooo "

On the topic of favourable white skin and all that , I have noticed over the years working with chinese on building sites that they go dark very quickly in the summer months and the office types try very hard to protect their skin from tanning .

On the topic of favourable white skin and all that , I have noticed over the years working with chinese on building sites that they go dark very quickly in the summer months and the office types try very hard to protect their skin from tanning .

One might find that those hard-working Thai lovelies that appear hardened from the years of sun will be every bit as "light skinned" where the sun doesn't shine.

Conclusions that the base skin colour throughout tropical sun-drenched Asia is more akin to a lighter shade of pale might have some merit.

What amused me when I first came to Thailand many years ago was the ladies wearing balaclavas, long sleeve shirts and gloves when working in the fields. Now that is really hot work without all the clothing! But the beauty must be maintained at all costs, even for those considered to be on the low social ladder!

What amused me when I first came to Thailand many years ago was the ladies wearing balaclavas, long sleeve shirts and gloves when working in the fields. Now that is really hot work without all the clothing! But the beauty must be maintained at all costs, even for those considered to be on the low social ladder!

Most of those ladies support their children by carrying out bank raids, and the fieldwork is merely a cover.

SC

Most of those ladies support their children by carrying out bank raids, and the fieldwork is merely a cover.

SC

That is true. The "bank raid" is another term for a wealthy, stupid farang who can only stay in Thailand for part of the year. :whistling:

One might find that those hard-working Thai lovelies that appear hardened from the years of sun will be every bit as "light skinned" where the sun doesn't shine.

Conclusions that the base skin colour throughout tropical sun-drenched Asia is more akin to a lighter shade of pale might have some merit.

Or neapolitan ice cream .