Latest On The Rock

This reminds of years and years ago when a huge house sized boulder crashed down on the Thong Nai Pan road. Was alot bigger than this and closed the road completely. People had to get off the trucks on one side of the rock, squeeze round and get on trucks waiting on the other side. I think they finally just built the road around the rock.

i would imagine that the fallen rock will have to be removed with the use of dynamite. However, i would strongly suggest the authorities seek foreign help in this procedure, otherwise i can see the entire geography of Lamai be altered. ;):lol:

i would imagine that the fallen rock will have to be removed with the use of dynamite. However, i would strongly suggest the authorities seek foreign help in this procedure, otherwise i can see the entire geography of Lamai be altered. ;):lol:

They appear to be drilling and then using small charges to split the rock rather than massive blasts. One of my clients informed me that they had brought in a small local team who are experienced in this kind of operation and had worked for her before.

They appear to be drilling and then using small charges to split the rock rather than massive blasts. One of my clients informed me that they had brought in a small local team who are experienced in this kind of operation and had worked for her before.

In that case i won't be going anywhere near there. :ph34r:

i hope they havent called in these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRWVAXf0rhs

i hope they havent called in these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRWVAXf0rhs

:welcomeani: :welcomeani: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :shock1: :shock1:

This reminds of years and years ago when a huge house sized boulder crashed down on the Thong Nai Pan road. Was alot bigger than this and closed the road completely. People had to get off the trucks on one side of the rock, squeeze round and get on trucks waiting on the other side. I think they finally just built the road around the rock.

Same happened on Haad Rin road several years ago (2005 I think ?!?) ...

I came back from Samui -where I was stuck for three days because of the flooding- with Haadrin Queen and had to take a longtail to Bantai.

Most places you would be sure the bomb squad video was staged - not here :whistling:

The work on the boulder looks pretty effective and much faster than I would have thought. Overall I have been pleasantly surprised by the efforts to fix infrastructure after the floods. One problem that doesn't seem to be getting attention yet is the many places where the force of the water has undercut the roads, leaving what is actually a concrete 'bridge'. Koh Samui, 'Island of a Thousand Bridges'! In 2005 a concrete truck crashed through just such a 'bridge' right in front of Tamarind Springs. It had been like that for weeks.