Govt To Promote Thailand As Asia's Hub For Creative Businesses

webfact

Govt to Promote Thailand as Asia's Creativity Hub

The government plans to roll out more measures for promotion of creative economy as part of its effort to push the country into becoming Asia's hub for creative businesses.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said strong support from all groups is essential for the effort to push Thailand into becoming the hub of Asia's creative economy next year.

Abhisit expected creative economy will account for up to 20 percent of the country's gross domestic product from the current 12 percent.

Creative businesses contributed a total 150 billion US dollars to the Thai economy last year.

He said the scale of Thailand's creative economy is larger than that of any other countries in Southeast Asia and is among the list of 20 countries across the globe with the largest value.

The premier attributed the rise to the country's cultural and agricultural strength.

He went on to say that the government has already spent 2.4 billion baht from its Strong Thailand budget financing 31 creative business projects.

It also plans to allocate 300 million baht more to set up a panel to support operators in the sector.

The government has a plan to enhance creative economy through four projects, namely improvement of technology and knowledge necessary for operators in the sector, development of creative business learning in educational institutes, encouragement of awareness on support for this particular sector and promotion of businesses that produce creative products.

Those projects will be both privately and publicly run.

The premier earlier today presided over an award presentation ceremony for operators in four creative fields of design, media, art and culture.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-04-05

footer_n.gif

"... Creative businesses contributed a total 150 billion US dollars to the Thai economy last year."

More wild statistics - give us a breakdown - what rubbish. Define each of the industries and explain what each one contributed or brought in financially. w00t.gif

Considering the World Bank quotes Thailand's GDP for 2010 at around USD260Bn (http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Economics/GDP.aspx?Symbol=THB) this means creative industries account for about 60%. Hmmm.... so why bother with all else? And spending another 300M Baht to set up a panel? cheesy.gif

"... Creative businesses contributed a total 150 billion US dollars to the Thai economy last year."

More wild statistics - give us a breakdown - what rubbish. Define each of the industries and explain what each one contributed or brought in financially. w00t.gif

Considering the World Bank quotes Thailand's GDP for 2010 at around USD260Bn (http://www.tradingec...aspx?Symbol=THB) this means creative industries account for about 60%. Hmmm.... so why bother with all else? And spending another 300M Baht to set up a panel? cheesy.gif

Only if the creativity work are done by people other than Thai, like Chinese. Asa teacher i do not see any creativity that a Thai is able to achieve.Tthey onlydo minimum to get by

ok a link to another one of my post this time the new weekly show is "the hub" a round up of the weeks information pertaining to Thailand's latest trend in hubs.

ooops sorry bbc I see you beat me to it " the hub with Nick Gowing".

Not to worry t,i,t, no copyright lol.

To be frank, I am getting a bit tired of all these hubs Thailand aspires to. It all seems hot air and nothing substantial. Health tourism hub, education hub, transportation hub, film production hub (yeah, right, with all those restrictions imposed by the Thailand Film Board!), local wisdom hub, alternative medicine hub, traditional medicine hub, procesed foods hub, etc.... and now a creativity hub. Give me a break already!

Creative they are!!! Very inventive scams all over Thailand.

Hub of the Week prize goes to....

Actually, I often feel that announcements from the TAT, Ministry of Education, Chief of Police, Ministry of Transport, THAI management, Royal Thai Army procurement generals, and various other assorted mouthpieces in Thailand have already cornered the market in pure creativity. Hardly a day goes by without some further stretch of the imagination.

sorry I wrote "mouthpieces" but really I was referring to the other end of the digestive tract.

Edited by bangon04

Friendly suggestion to government of Thailand -- Stop the Censorship!

The recent banning of the Thai film Insects in the Backyard was shameful and an embarrassment to Thailand on the world stage.

Countries that are taken seriously globally as "creative hubs" (whatever that is) do NOT do this kind of "morality" censorship for art products.

Edited by Jingthing

Friendly suggestion to government of Thailand -- Stop the Censorship!

The recent banning of the Thai film Insects in the Backyard was shameful and an embarrassment to Thailand on the world stage.

Countries that are taken seriously globally as "creative hubs" (whatever that is) do NOT do this kind of "morality" censorship for art products.

Do you really think that Thailand gives a flying **** about being embarassed on the world stage?

Any country which has the jingoistic front to defend the purchase of high tech dousing rods, blimps with blurry cameras, aircraft carriers with no aircraft, used U-boots with no sea deep enough, 2G telecommunications, etc etc etc (to quote the late, great Yul Brynner) is not going to be ashamed of a few little homophobic tendencies.

The only really creative things Thailand has mastered seem to be the ways to circumvent the rule of law, and ways to state that black is white and white is black. The Art of Losing Face without Losing Face (to deliberately misquote the late, great Bruce Lee)

even there is not a Thai creativity hub in the country, how come Thailand as Asia's . . . ? !

Govt to Promote Thailand as Asia's Creativity Hub

The government plans to roll out more measures for promotion of creative economy as part of its effort to push the country into becoming Asia's hub for creative businesses.

Funny how this thread should appear on the new content page...

Govt To Promote Thailand As Asia's Hub For Creative B...

I could think of a few creative B words to end that sentance :whistling:

Bullsh!te, Bargirls, Beer bars, Bribery, Belligerant farangs, Boys in Brown(banging up belligerant farangs), Buck-passing, Babes, Babes offerning Boom Boom, Border-line Bi-polar sufferrers,Back to Back border runners, Babbling Brits, Backhanders, Blacklisted Bums, Bogans,Backpackers,Backslappers,Backsliders,Bell-ends,(farangs of course), Babyboomers, Bellyfloppers, Bent Barristers, Barking dogs, Boys from Blighty in Bermuda shorts, Barnyard animals Binge drinking (Aussies), Breathtaking Bigots, Big-mouths(farangs of undisclosed origin),Bilingual gardeners, Bird watchers, Bed hoppers, Blame avoiders, Blatant price gouging, Bloodsuckers, Barflies, Blowhards, Brits causing Bedlam, Boofheads Brawling, and of course..Berry Berry hansum mens