Honda Cbr 250 R Problem

ulfen

30 December last year i bought a new Honda CBR 250 R from one dealer in Ban Phe Rayong.

The engine broke two times in 34 days.

The engine starts to be overheated after one week. The dealer forgets to fill cooling-liquid.

Temperaturscale show nothing wrong. He also cools down engine with water before

he starts to check it.

I change oil same time after 520 km driving. After dealer had the right tools to do it.

(3 days waiting)

The contact in Honda Bangkok tells that i use wrong bensin on it and repaired it for free in Yasothon. I did not use wrong bensin. Only normal 91 bensin.

New fist and cylinder. That was first time.

Second time it broke i have the same problem again and Honda Bangkok had my motorcycle

for one month before Honda send it back to the dealer in Ban Phe.

Honda said that i use wrong bensin again and that they change the same parts as before. Then they send it back to the dealer again.

And Honda said that all over Isan and close to the border of Cambodia has bad bensin. How many people live there?

About 20 million people i suppose. How many cars and motorcycles were destroyed there?

This give me the impression that Honda`s man who do service in Bangkok call me an idiot!

And...I buy a new motorcycle....Honda want to give me back a motorcycle who`s been taken apart for two times!

I paid 117.000,- THB for this motorcycle! Cash. All inclusive. (Papers, book, insurance)

The dealer in Ban Phe want to give me 80.000,- THB back for this motorcycle

I don`t take back a wreck. So the motorcycle is still in dealers place.

I had a meeting in my home with dealer and Honda`s people from Bangkok.

I think they sell me a “MONDAY MORNING” motorcycle and they do not want to pay me back for all the trouble and expenses I have been true.

Honda says that they are nr.1 in service in Thailand. I don`t believe it.

19 April we have a meeting with Honda in AIAKAN Rayong.

Anybody here who have something to say about this or have same type of problem?

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer... Thailand does have a "Lemon Law" with regards to defective vehicles- not sure it's worth hiring a lawyer over such a low sum however... Good luck!

BTW, isn't the new Honda CBR supposed to be able to run on regular gasoline 91 and 95 and E10 gasohol 91 and 95? What kind of "bad gas" is Honda accusing you of using?

Bummer... Thailand does have a "Lemon Law" with regards to defective vehicles- not sure it's worth hiring a lawyer over such a low sum however... Good luck!

BTW, isn't the new Honda CBR supposed to be able to run on regular gasoline 91 and 95 and E10 gasohol 91 and 95? What kind of "bad gas" is Honda accusing you of using?

AIAKAN is for free. After talking with Saakaabaa i go to Aiakan.

The bike can use 91 ant 10 gasohol.

Honda say that it`s so much bad fuel in Isan and among the borde of Cambodia.

I say; They talk shit.

There was some sort of comsumer protection law that came into effect last year. Instead of going to court, they have mediators that are supposed to sort everything out. The cases are fast tracked as well. Some searching on Google should turn up some more info. I hope everything works out for you. Best of luck.

ulfen my cbr250 had also a motor problem it burned oil. I brought it to my dealer and they gave it straight back to AP Honda. It turned out it was a problem with the cylinder head, they replaced everything and also explained what went wrong since then my bike is running fine. Was happy with their service, i wonder if your shop really brought it back to AP Honda? Or you are in contact with the wrong ppl of Honda. Good luck with your case.....

Hello Hili.

I am happy for you. I think my dealer is non-educated or don`t use time to bader.

I am very dissapointed of what they have done in my case.

Maybe this engine is no-good. It`s a new type.

Thaks for the answer.

i THINK IN BOTH CASES ITS JUST THAT THE DEALER DID NOT PRE DELIVERY INSPECT THE BIKE CORRECTLY. maybe they did not change the transit oil or they did not put enough in.. bad benzine thats &lt;deleted&gt;.

Are you getting everything they state in writing?

Do.

Being a Thai managed business they'll likely lie about everything... Then lie about their lies.

I get nothing from this people....enyware. They like to tell things by telephone. They promise me a new bike with all cost payd ready.

That was a trick. I don`t trust those people enymore. That was Honda in Bankok.

Even the Honda boss was here in my home talking.

He wanted the price down! CAN YOU BELIVE IT!

They are fighting for small money an shit on honest people who pay them cash!

I think that you will get a new bike is not realistic and uncommon. Have a look at the automobile industrie if there is a mass production mistake there will be a mass recall and the mistake or part will get fixed, you wont get a new car.

Of course Honda is in bound to fix your problem whatever it is. So if theres something wrong with the motor they should replace the motor or whatever the problem causes. But as i said not whole bike....

I think that you will get a new bike is not realistic and uncommon. Have a look at the automobile industrie if there is a mass production mistake there will be a mass recall and the mistake or part will get fixed, you wont get a new car.

Of course Honda is in bound to fix your problem whatever it is. So if theres something wrong with the motor they should replace the motor or whatever the problem causes. But as i said not whole bike....

As Hilli said replace the engine would be a good idea.. problem is that would change the engine number (unless honda just restamp with old number) and IF the number was changed would look dodgy to new owner.

OP i would also look to get the bike serviced at another shop.

Is the shop you bought the CBR from a big shop or a small 2nd or 3rd tier dealer shop? because i believe that only a small percentage of mechs have actually had training on the CBR and only then at direct dealers.

I get nothing from this people....enyware. They like to tell things by telephone. They promise me a new bike with all cost payd ready.

You let them know you are taking details and make them spell their name, and to give you their statement slowly as you are writing it all down. You also make sure to ask who their superior is.

Who promised you a new bike?

Take a deep breath and chill- jai yen yen, you know? The bike is under warranty and will be fixed, sooner or later. Nothing ever gets done in this country in April. Happy Songkran! :jap:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Take a deep breath and chill- the bike is under warranty and will be fixed, sooner or later. Nothing ever gets done in this country in April. Happy Songkran! :jap:

Best answer of April! ;) Happy Songkran as well :jap:

Edited by Hili

There was some sort of comsumer protection law that came into effect last year. Instead of going to court, they have mediators that are supposed to sort everything out. The cases are fast tracked as well. Some searching on Google should turn up some more info. I hope everything works out for you. Best of luck.

That`s a interesting thing. Consumer protection.......Might be something i can use

As Hilli said replace the engine would be a good idea.. problem is that would change the engine number (unless honda just restamp with old number) and IF the number was changed would look dodgy to new owner.

OP i would also look to get the bike serviced at another shop.

Is the shop you bought the CBR from a big shop or a small 2nd or 3rd tier dealer shop? because i believe that only a small percentage of mechs have actually had training on the CBR and only then at direct dealers.

They should replace the engine at the first time. They repaird it in Yasothon first time. After that it was ok for only 880 km driving. I changet oil after 440 km. It was black allready.

This motor is not good at all. And they just repaird it same-same again.

Now this motobike has been taken apart two times allready and scratches in paint and all together give a 2.hand look.

I buyid a new bike. Not a old one. This bike was two-three weeks old whven the engine broke first time.

I think Honda should replace it or give me the money back. ( inkl. my expences )

Do.

Being a Thai managed business they'll likely lie about everything... Then lie about their lies.

I just find out that it was the sellers boss in Bangkok who come to my house for meeting. He give me the impression that he was the ¨REAL BOSS¨,

Bluffing or want to be more important?

I really don`t know.

My girlfrient and i get tired and sick about this case and i hope that Aiakan can help us.

It will be interesting for all customers in Thailand.

I thank you all for been interesting this case an wish you all a Happy Sungkran!

Do.

I just find out that it was the sellers boss in Bangkok who come to my house for meeting. He give me the impression that he was the ¨REAL BOSS¨,

I really don`t know.

My girlfrient and i get tired and sick about this case and i hope that Aiakan can help us.

I thank you all for been interesting this case an wish you all a Happy Sungkran!

Pardon my ignorance, what is "aiakan"?

Do.

I really don`t know.

Pardon my ignorance, what is "aiakan"?

Aiakan is a free help from the justice in Thailand. Anyone can use it.

I thought Ajakarn was the prosecutor :rolleyes:

What i have read so far you dont need free legal help, you need to wait for another repair. I do not see anywhere in Hondas warranty you can claim a new bike as long as they repair your old one

As for the fuel question, do you fill up at large pumps like Ptt and Shell, or at small no name pumps or from glass bottles. The latter are well known for being blended with liquids not suited in engines. PM member Soundman to get an explanation. He runs a Ptt pump, and has to compete with the cheating fuel sellers.

I thought Ajakarn was the prosecutor :rolleyes:

What i have read so far you dont need free legal help, you need to wait for another repair. I do not see anywhere in Hondas warranty you can claim a new bike as long as they repair your old one

As for the fuel question, do you fill up at large pumps like Ptt and Shell, or at small no name pumps or from glass bottles. The latter are well known for being blended with liquids not suited in engines. PM member Soundman to get an explanation. He runs a Ptt pump, and has to compete with the cheating fuel sellers.

If it is about 20 mill. people living in the area of Isan & among the border of Cambodia......How many cars and motorcykles are destroyed eweryday?

I use big gasstations.

Edited by ulfen

My girlfrient and i get tired and sick about this case

Unfortunately a common tactic here. Ware people down until they simply say, 'fine, fuc_k it, we've had enough'.

Get onto Honda outside of Thailand too.

Do you have some links for me? I`ll do it.

I use big gasstations.

Me to when I am there. Avoid small pumps anywhere in the country, and always fill up before leaving beaten track.

and to set AP Honda straight, I would document so by providing creditcardslips or reciepts for your fuel

Good idea

The more I read the less I understand .....

You bought the bike in Rayong, changed the oil yourself after 440 kms, then the dealer changed the oil again after 520 kms (another 80 kms); it started overheating after one week because it had no coolant, but you drove it for two more weeks before it was repaired by Honda in Yasothon; the problems re-occurred after a further 880 kms, when you went back to the dealer in Rayong who returned the bike to Honda Bangkok, and the problems are because of bad fuel in Issan and near the Cambodia border?

And now you want a new bike, even though you don't know if this one has been repaired properly or not because it doesn't look new any more?

These mileages/locations don't seem to add up.

Are you sure there's not something being lost in translation here and the problem with the naam man wasn't naam man kruang, which would explain why the piston and cylinder had to be replaced? Something seems to be missing here.

There is a Consumer Protection Board in most provinces, with a few still to be set up; the public prosecutor's office (ajakarn) acts as a moderator for most boards.