Orthopaedic Surgery

Raindancer

Just wish to pass on some positive information.

I visited Rejavej hospital this morning for a consultation about a nagging groin strain related to minor hip and minor related lower back pain on the right side of he body. Arrived at 09.15. met the consultant .....had two X-rays carried out....further diagnosis by the consultant Doctor Choksupan. Given the prognosis......all very positive and good news.

The service was outstanding and the Doctor so very helpful and friendly, who explained everything in great Laymans language. Left there after one hour with a bill of 730. baht. Just a delightful experience compared to others I have had around some Chiang Mai hospitals.

Before going to the hospital I telephoned Natasha (International Liaison Officer) who accompanied me throughout the whole process. A charming and most helpful young lady with an obviously excellent medical knowledge of my ailment. And speaks fluent English including medical terminology.

Highly recommended to anyone seeking help in this area.

Their physical therapy department and the therapists there are superb. Highest possible recommendation for anyone with neck or back pain.

Also had a positive experience at the Rajavej hospital this week. Was in overnight to prepare for colono/endo procedures. Both Natasha and Saskia from the International office smoothed the path in many ways. To be honest, having them there encouraged me to go to the Rajavej for the procedures. The medical staff were also great, but for a non Thai-speaking inpatient, it could be a bit stressful owing to very low English skills of nursing/medical staff.

Their physical therapy department and the therapists there are superb. Highest possible recommendation for anyone with neck or back pain.

Also had a positive experience at the Rajavej hospital this week. Was in overnight to prepare for colono/endo procedures. Both Natasha and Saskia from the International office smoothed the path in many ways. To be honest, having them there encouraged me to go to the Rajavej for the procedures. The medical staff were also great, but for a non Thai-speaking inpatient, it could be a bit stressful owing to very low English skills of nursing/medical staff.

Natasha and Saskia? Sounds like a Russian and a German. That would be unusual.

No English spoken in the PT Department but that doesn't matter to me. The care is excellent. But I did notice on my last visit that there was a farang - a German guy giving a group English lesson to the therapists. So maybe they are trying to make some changes and get more foreigners to use the services of Rajavej. Like everywhere else, their prices have recently gone up...

Natasha and Saskia? Sounds like a Russian and a German. That would be unusual.

No English spoken in the PT Department but that doesn't matter to me. The care is excellent. But I did notice on my last visit that there was a farang - a German guy giving a group English lesson to the therapists. So maybe they are trying to make some changes and get more foreigners to use the services of Rajavej. Like everywhere else, their prices have recently gone up...

Natasha and Saskia are both Phillipinas. I heard that some staff are being given English lessons by a German volunteer, but the feedback is that it's not ideal... It would be a wise investment for the hospital to employ a properly qualified native speaker to give English lessons there. I think their prices are very competitive.

I recently had physical therapy there and K.Took spoke reasonable English, though she speaks fluent German

I was supposed to be treated by Khun Took but I got Khun Diow the first time I went and was so pleased with her that I always scheduled my appointments with her.