Thai Police, Interpol And US FBI Jointly Raid Bangkok Ploenchit Office

webfact

That's justice, while musicians playing without a work permit,get passports taken off them and released on 100000bt bail till the trial, how are crimes measured in this country, crickey..........Crikey :lol:

Edited by blabla1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder when they will start to do something about the legalised side of scamming.

Bankers I mean.

Because of those bags of sh** millions of people lost money, jobs, houses, futures.

But the banking gangs just go on doling out bonus after bonus while gambling with other people's money.

exactly! i took a legal loan in 2007 from an american bank that went under. another american bank received government dollars from the bailout, bought my loan for pennies on the dollar, and now i will spend the next 30 years paying off that bank the full amount of a loan they bought at discount using my money, and paying interest through my taxes to the federal reserve who gave the money to the bank. crooks!

why didn't i get a chance to buy my loan back at a fraction of the cost? why didn't the government give me money?

I wonder when they will start to do something about the legalised side of scamming.

Bankers I mean.

Because of those bags of sh** millions of people lost money, jobs, houses, futures.

But the banking gangs just go on doling out bonus after bonus while gambling with other people's money.

exactly! i took a legal loan in 2007 from an american bank that went under. another american bank received government dollars from the bailout, bought my loan for pennies on the dollar, and now i will spend the next 30 years paying off that bank the full amount of a loan they bought at discount using my money, and paying interest through my taxes to the federal reserve who gave the money to the bank. crooks!

why didn't i get a chance to buy my loan back at a fraction of the cost? why didn't the government give me money?

Man, sorry for your loss. But I know others in the same boat as well. To answer your questions 1) because the consumer is the stooge, and 2) it would not be a government if they did not steal from you.

Last time they bated a Boiler Room the operators were fined 2,000 Baht and expelled from Thailand for working without a Work Permit. I don't expect much else will change on this one!

Well, one thing's for sure: the Aussies haven't learnt a thing. They keep getting caught by these boiler-room operations, proving that, for them, at least, greed overrides logic EVERY TIME.

Strangely I got a call from a BKK number today, what was a foreigner trying to sell me something ... oddly enough he knew my name. Perhaps buying mailing lists from a gym or something?

(relevant because when I checked the number on the internet it returned some stock agency.

They obviously do sell numbers here: I got my prepaid years ago in my wives name and still get hassled by people, "companies" about insurance, wealth placement/planning etc. And I can't think of any except Tops, The Nation, Thai Airways, Immigration and the guys collecting my wives gambling debts that have my no. registered. Must be Tops.

I am on Postpay and it has been registered in my name for 9 years. I do give out business cards but I would guess a gym for mine, possibly Tops though I do not think I gave them my number. I do not get many marketing calls and this was the first this year.

No body seems to mind when they frequent the well known establishments built with boiler room money including prominent Irish bars and Mexican restaurants in Sukhumvit and Silom.

Personally if I know a place has boiler room connections I avoid it like the plague.

One of Andrew Drummond's recent articles alluded to the names of these places and the people that own them, unfortunately he seems to have removed it from his site.

No mate, Interpol and FBI being involved will make it harder for these guys to get off.

Interpol has no powers of arrest it exists for investigation only. What powers do you think the FBI have for a crime committed in Thailand, against antipodeans?

As maverick put it, "Just a walk in the park, kazanski" :ph34r:

I am pretty sure that if the FBI is involved they must have some powers or they would not bother. I have seen on TV (Television) a Interpol show with agents making arrest's for all sorts of crimes committed internationally. So what say ye

Sadly you are wrong.

The US agencies can do nothing.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Last time they bated a Boiler Room the operators were fined 2,000 Baht and expelled from Thailand for working without a Work Permit. I don't expect much else will change on this one!

The Thais won't be the ones who are prosecuting this time and most will likely be prosecuted by the authorities from their individual country I'd imagine.

No mate, Interpol and FBI being involved will make it harder for these guys to get off.

Not specifically mentioned is the nature of the "scam", I'm assuming securities fraud or similar,

If that's the case then surely they can get them on something other than a work permit issue.

Unless they were legitimate investment instruments hyped to appear better then they really were as far as projected returns, etc, and that could be negated in the fine print,

As always, if it sounds to good to be true, well ....

Ignorance, and the catalyst of simple greed assures the success of most cons.

Edited by cobra

I am pretty sure that if the FBI is involved they must have some powers or they would not bother. I have seen on TV (Television) a Interpol show with agents making arrest's for all sorts of crimes committed internationally. So what say ye

Wouldn't the FBI be interested in stopping fellow Americans being scammed? That the villains are stopped should be enough for them. The FBI should have no part in the prosecution.

I suggest that you Google and discover exactly what the role of Interpol is. Furthermore do not believe everything that you see, or think that you see, on TV. TV isn't called the idiot box for nothing.

Bankers I mean.

Man, sorry for your loss. But I know others in the same boat as well. To answer your questions 1) because the consumer is the stooge, and 2) it would not be a government if they did not steal from you.

post-35987-0-16173400-1302286766_thumb.j

Bankers I mean.

Save your sympathy. The poster seems to think that having borrowed money he should not have to pay it back.

Interpol has no powers of arrest it exists for investigation only. What powers do you think the FBI have for a crime committed in Thailand, against antipodeans?

As maverick put it, "Just a walk in the park, kazanski" :ph34r:

Sadly you are wrong.

The US agencies can do nothing.

Sadly you are wrong

Two words for you "Viktor Bout"

Look, I despise the US as much as anyone being a recovering American myself. Truth of the matter though the US won't help it's citizens if they get in trouble, but if the US authorities want you, Thailand will give you to them. The US even got an American accused of drug dealing in China out because he was wanted on terrorism charges in the US.

As long as there are suckers out there who fall for these scams, they will continue to operate as it's easy money for the operators, can't believe people are still falling for this type of scamming.

Always remember "If it seems to good to be true, it most likely is"

HAHAHA

So all it needs is a new type of scamming where it seems like a genuine deal - not too good to be true... means I don't have to sell too cheaply to you right?

Your attitude is typical of scam victims... and to achieve a more successful scam takes real sales ability - that means people who come over as being genuine and sincere.

Consider this - the only reason you haven't been the victim of a scam is because you haven't been targeted yet.

That's justice, while musicians playing without a work permit,get passports taken off them and released on 100000bt bail till the trial, how are crimes measured in this country, crickey..........Crikey :lol:

I must have missed this. Do you have a link?

It is hard to believe that in this day and age, some people still don't get it. Greed is timeless. I guess.

I loved Maverick. Thanks for the reminder. Still grinning.

Easy.....the readers of this forum are usually internet savvy and pretty well informed, not everybody is. I also saw German speakers who have a limited command of English falling for well known scams, because of their inadequate language skills they don't have enough access to the main stream of information, which is in English.

Strangely I got a call from a BKK number today, what was a foreigner trying to sell me something ... oddly enough he knew my name. Perhaps buying mailing lists from a gym or something?

(relevant because when I checked the number on the internet it returned some stock agency.

Yes, I have had the call many times on my mobile and office phone, hang up, they just call back... These were Filipinos working in Korean. After ten calls of SAY NO, i got an Englishman, 45 mins of high pressure sales. He started with "I have booked you 20,000 Shares and I am sending you an Invoice.... i am like <deleted>, again after 30 mins of argueing he went down to 5,000 shares, all the time i am saying no, i dont want. but he was persistantly saying i am invoicing you which stopped me from hanging up... i can see weak people falling for this. the 20,000 shares were 80,000 Euro's

They knew my name, job and work place address...

i did say they were wasting their time targeting foreigners in Thailand, the majority are skint, lol.

Seriously not very nice.

I would never talk to these guys for 5 minutes let alone 45.

I usually find two well placed words, one beginning with "F" and the other with "O" usually works, especially if I hit the red button soon after.

I had one of these guys for a neighbor a few years ago.

He made an appointment to give me his investment advice....after a few minutes, I started to scan the area where we were sitting, and he asked what I was looking for?

I replied, "the Candid Camera" .

Bankers I mean.

Save your sympathy. The poster seems to think that having borrowed money he should not have to pay it back.

Yea, only the bankers and the investment firms should be held unaccountable. If people don't see real injustice the world is becoming a sad place.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

by mentioning the involvement of International Policing Agencies, the Thai Police are probably over-emphasising their interest in this Case. What probably happened was they contacted the local Policing Agencies in the relevant countries of the suspects to veryfy their identities. This is implied by their mention of Interpol, which is an international police records agency. Also, checking to see if any of the suspects were wanted for crimes in their own countries.

I never bother answering my landline phone . Anybody that Knows me that wants to phone my landline knows to ring my mobile first let it ring just 1 time. then phone my landline.

But, Doooooh. How will he/she know you are at home....!