Cm Immigration

MamaSan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be closed 13th-17th. So if you go on Monday or Tuesday like stated above go early. Even for 90 day report go early. I have talked to people and they have told me that for the last 2 weeks it has been over packed. On average there has been 100 people in line before 8:30 when they actually open.

It will be closed 13th-17th. So if you go on Monday or Tuesday like stated above go early. Even for 90 day report go early. I have talked to people and they have told me that for the last 2 weeks it has been over packed. On average there has been 100 people in line before 8:30 when they actually open.

It is overpacked on every single day of the week, every month of the year.

I don't think that it is normally over packed. It is crowded for certain but usually you can get things done even if you show up at 8 or 9. Not even 3 months ago when I extended my visa it wasn't this crowded. I showed up at 7:30 and was 4th in line. Usually if you go before 8AM you can get a queue. But this past week the lines were over 100 before 8AM. Since the place opens at 8:30 that is a little ridiculous. Usually you can do simple things like the 90 day check in at any time but this past week you could not the queue number machine was shut down before 9AM with a sign that said full come back tomorrow.

But this past week the lines were over 100 before 8AM. Since the place opens at 8:30 that is a little ridiculous.

The long 5 day holiday is probably why.

Yep. I went for a 90 day check in which I've normally done in less than 20 minutes over the last five years. It took two and a half hours after getting there at 9 AM. I officers were doing a pretty amazing job considering all the people there. I luckily took a good book.

I went yesterday for 90 day reporting, got there at 2 pm, they already had a "full" sign over the ticket machine but were still giving numbers for 90 day reporting because it goes fast. The number was at 530 and I got number 627 but they were very efficient and i was out of there after about almost 2 hours. Sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes 2 hours, but at least it's done. Besides, people watching at immigration can be a fun thing to do!

So far I have been impressed w/CM Immigration staff. Just make sure you got everything in order before you go and it'll go smooth as Thai silk. Oh, and dress at least a little bit respectful! Some of the outfits I saw yesterday made my skin crawl, I can't imagine what the staff thought! Have some self-respect.

Oh drat! My 90 day report is due on April 15, so I'd planned to go on Tuesday, knowing it would be closed on W-T-F. I guess I have to get up early and handle it like a visa extension rather than just wandering when once I'm done with breakfast. Normally I can fit in a trip to Rim Ping supermarket before lunch after doing a 90 day report, but I don't think that's happening this week.

Correct, 7 days either side (so 14-day window).

Imm site

Procedure and notification

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

Mine's also on the 15th so will be going next week sometime... and not on Monday or Tuesday as that'll also be mayhem I should think. :whistling:

Its tiredsome these days , I think I'll try it by post this time .

I googled the address , 71 Moo 3 , airport road , Suthep .

Can someone confirm to me its the correct address , or something should be added ?

I'll send it by registered mail tomorrow and hope it will return , just keep my receipts just in case .

Has anyone actually done the 90 day by post in CM? I called them up to get the address and they told me that they do not accept it by mail. Of course they often give bad information. I actually find the CM immigration to be the least efficient and accurate. BKK is 1000 times better. Even Chiangrai is better.

Has anyone actually done the 90 day by post in CM? I called them up to get the address and they told me that they do not accept it by mail. Of course they often give bad information. I actually find the CM immigration to be the least efficient and accurate. BKK is 1000 times better. Even Chiangrai is better.

I would be very nervous to put my passport in the post (any post, not just Thailand). One wrong turn or any sticky fingers and you're in deep you know what. Sitting at immigration for 2 hours beats worrying about if it arrived, were there any problems and when is it (of if) going to show up in your mailbox. IMHO.

From what I have heard , many do the report per post in Chiangmai , indeed they give a lot of disinformation at imm Chiangmai , except from the officers who are responsible for the actual job , others do not know what they are talking about mostly .

Still anyone can confirm the address I psoted earlier is correct ...?

You don't put your passport. You put the TM47 form, photo copy of your passport and visa page and the original 90 day paper with a return stamped envelope. I have done it in other provinces and never had a problem.

That is more information than appears in other posts on this subject. Thank you, that takes away the worry of losing your passport. Can you confirm that you have done this in Chiang Mai as opposed to other provinces you have done it in? Many thanks.

Can someone confirm to me its the correct address , or something should be added ?

I'll send it by registered mail tomorrow and hope it will return , just keep my receipts just in case .

Correct address is :

71 Airport Road

Moo 3

Tambol: Suthep

Amphur: Mueang

Chiang Mai

Keep a copy of the last 90 day report that is pinned inside your passport. Hope that helps.

Edited by Raindancer

Correct address is :

71 Moo 3

Chiang Mai

Keep a copy of the last 90 day report that is pinned inside your passport. Hope that helps.

stupid question - who pays for the return? do you include a SAE?

Correct address is :

71 Airport Road Moo 3

Chiang Mai

Yes SAE , costs about 10 baht to receive your new 90 day reporting authority form. Pin it inside your passsport when you get it back.

Please note updated address.

Needed an extension recently, had doctors letter saying must not travel, both men behind the counter on left suggested 'a present' would facilitate things, wife phoned a friend to ask what she thought, finished up giving "a present' of 500 Baht. Would you believe my wife asked them if 500 was enough.

Correct address is :

71 Airport Road

Moo 3

Chiang Mai

Thank you very much , much appreciated . :jap:

Thinking to send it by EMS tomorrow , I need to go the 18th , but might be wiser to send it earlier , the alternative is the 18th itself , not sure if they'll count that as too late the time it arrives , sending with EMS takes only one day to arrive right?

Correct address is :

71 Airport Road Moo 3

Chiang Mai

Yes SAE , costs about 10 baht to receive your new 90 day reporting authority form. Pin it inside your passsport when you get it back.

Please note updated address.

What do you mean with SAE ? Stamp and envelope ?

Correct address is :

71 Airport Road

Moo 3

Chiang Mai

Thank you very much , much appreciated . :jap:

Thinking to send it by EMS tomorrow , I need to go the 18th , but might be wiser to send it earlier , the alternative is the 18th itself , not sure if they'll count that as too late the time it arrives , sending with EMS takes only one day to arrive right?

Not sure about EMS. I will probably use the post office registered post....EMS are in my experience a little erratic and expensive. You have 15 days before and 7 days after your date to apply. I might even use a registered courier to deliver. I wonder how the package might be considered if delivered personally by hand. Maybe a little to dicey to prove delivery.

Good luck

Let me know how it goes.

What do you mean with SAE ? Stamp and envelope ?

Yes SAE ...Self addressed envelope with appropriate postage stamp attached to pay for return delivery of envelope with your new 90 day extension included inside the envelope.. 10 baht for postage stamp.

Edited by Raindancer

Okay , got all the info needed , thank you again , I will do it registered with the local

post office , this is the service the receiver needs to sign with the postman they've got the post right ?

Edited by tijnebijn