Dreambox Reception Not Well Since Yesterday Morning

rebo

After the thunderstorm yesterday night we found our Dreambox dead. Transformer cold, so I changed it (12V, 2A) >>> green light. Initializing signal O.K., free channels (Education etc.) O.K. (meaning there is an antenna input signal, 96%), but the "normal" channels >>> still black screen.

Phoned to the sales shop (the first "satellite shop" after Tesco Lotus left side on the Road to Hang Dong) yesterday afternoon, was told that the True Move Input was down.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks a lot.

If your True channels are scrambled, call True. There may be a problem with your CAM access card.

If you don't have one, well, that's called piracy, and of course True will regularly disable bunches of cards used for that purpose.

After the storm on Saaturday l could not receive True visions. It turned out that my dreambox needed replacing apparently because it overheated during a power surge. Its been a lot better since the box was replaced and also my provider updated the box so l can now get some of true visions channels and also Australian and Eurosport channels via a cable provider in Vietnam. I can use the Vietnam cable provider if their is a problem with True visions

Does anybody seriously think True Vision will continue to sit by happily and watch illegal suppliers charge 400 baht for full service that normally costs 1500?! Of course they will ultimately find a way to block the signal or stop the suppliers.

Although I hate True for their rubbish over priced service, I still wont have any sympathy for bleaters and moaners when your ILLEGAL feed gets blocked.

Good luck while you can get away with it...but it wont continue for ever, thats for sure.

In the meantime my decision is to reluctantly pay to True, as I want to GUARANTEE my Masters, Premiership, Wimbledon, Grand Prix coverage without danger of blocking.

My money, my choice!!

Does anybody seriously think True Vision will continue to sit by happily and watch illegal suppliers charge 400 baht for full service that normally costs 1500?! Of course they will ultimately find a way to block the signal or stop the suppliers.

Although I hate True for their rubbish over priced service, I still wont have any sympathy for bleaters and moaners when your ILLEGAL feed gets blocked.

Good luck while you can get away with it...but it wont continue for ever, thats for sure.

In the meantime my decision is to reluctantly pay to True, as I want to GUARANTEE my Masters, Premiership, Wimbledon, Grand Prix coverage without danger of blocking.

My money, my choice!!

I still wont have any sympathy for bleaters and moaners when your ILLEGAL feed gets blocked.

Getting hot and bothered....Op didn't ask for sympathy don't think he was bleating or moaning merely stating a fact. Chill.

One has to wonder what True's agenda is; there is a lot more they could be doing to stop the piracy. Both in terms of civil and criminal legal action against the pirates, and technical measures to prevent the piracy methods used by Dreambox from working. For a relatively large corporation they seem quite lax in their policy, which makes you wonder who is really behind the pirates!

There's a double edged sword, if you have weaknesses in the scrambling system, and poor enforcement of the law against pirates it's hard to get access to good content. Result: "rubbish over priced service".

Finally I found the problem: cable/plug connection from router to Dreambox failed, wireless is working as normal (but Dreambox works only via cable), so I didn't recognize it because internet on our computers worked well (wireless). So the Dreambox doesn't receive the authentification code via internet.

Thanks for all your comments.

Speaking of dreamboxes.....mine failed a couple of months ago and it went into the provider's shop where he discovered that it was the power supply that had failed....he wanted 800thb just for the 240v ac to 12vdc cable and box and I held off until I had to make a maesai run and found it there for 250thb and bought 2....just in case one fails again.

Has anyone else had that problem with their dreambox power line??

• 4 months later...

Speaking of dreamboxes.....mine failed a couple of months ago and it went into the provider's shop where he discovered that it was the power supply that had failed....he wanted 800thb just for the 240v ac to 12vdc cable and box and I held off until I had to make a maesai run and found it there for 250thb and bought 2....just in case one fails again.

Well, not sure if it was transformer or True blocking net signal, had 3 dreamboxes in 2 months all with same problem, could only recieve channel 7 and 112 sport channel, all others were dead, its ok tonight, works fine, have all channels, but not DSI Science,Turbo,and TLC, 151 152 and 153 respecfully,

I did read on another thread that you can use laptop to re-position dish for another sat service, anybody know how to do this? Thanks Lickey,,

Since the channels moved around , can anyone tell me how to get 151-153 channels which are now meant to be HH, TL or whatever. I can find those channels listed but its not giving me those channels. Do I have to reset something??

Since the channels moved around , can anyone tell me how to get 151-153 channels which are now meant to be HH, TL or whatever. I can find those channels listed but its not giving me those channels. Do I have to reset something??

Our "provider" needed to update the firmware on our device before we could see those channels again.

-Mestizo

Well, not sure if it was transformer or True blocking net signal, had 3 dreamboxes in 2 months all with same problem, could only recieve channel 7 and 112 sport channel, all others were dead, its ok tonight, works fine, have all channels, but not DSI Science,Turbo,and TLC, 151 152 and 153 respecfully,

I did read on another thread that you can use laptop to re-position dish for another sat service, anybody know how to do this? Thanks Lickey,,

Current problem is that True attempted to increase the encryption. That is why Dreamboxes have not been working for the past couple days. Some "providers" have figured out the fix, while others (mine) have not.

Channel 7 apparently works without relying on True, so that is why you can see that Channel.

The 151-153 issue was resolved for us by having the provider perform a software update on our device.

-Mestizo

I still think its funny and ironic that those people who pay 400 baht for a PIRATED truevision service moan when it doesnt work!

If you want to guarantee your service do what most of us reluctantly have to do ie pay the appropriate subscription to true!!

Its a bit like stealing a car then complaining that it doesnt perform very well!!!

I still think its funny and ironic that those people who pay 400 baht for a PIRATED truevision service moan when it doesnt work!

If you want to guarantee your service do what most of us reluctantly have to do ie pay the appropriate subscription to true!!

Its a bit like stealing a car then complaining that it doesnt perform very well!!!

Its 200 baht, not 400.

I'm not pirating anything. I pay a monthly fee to my service provider. No idea what sort of reseller agreement he has worked out with True.

As a previous direct True subscriber, I would have to say that my current dreambox setup is somewhat more reliable.

Actually, its nothing like stealing a car. We are legitimately paying for a service. If you really want to equate it to something, it's somewhat like paying for a maid-service to come clean my room and not questioning the owner of the company on where he sources his employees and supplies from.

-Mestizo

My money, my choice!!

Well if SKY TV in the UK don't have a solution, i highly doubt TrueVisions will be coming up with it!!

If your True channels are scrambled, call True. There may be a problem with your CAM access card.

If you don't have one, well, that's called piracy, and of course True will regularly disable bunches of cards used for that purpose.

Dreamboxes don't use cards.

Dreamboxes can be used with a card.

Its 200 baht, not 400.

I'm not pirating anything. I pay a monthly fee to my service provider. No idea what sort of reseller agreement he has worked out with True.

As a previous direct True subscriber, I would have to say that my current dreambox setup is somewhat more reliable.

Actually, its nothing like stealing a car. We are legitimately paying for a service. If you really want to equate it to something, it's somewhat like paying for a maid-service to come clean my room and not questioning the owner of the company on where he sources his employees and supplies from.

-Mestizo

Sorry, mate, youre living in a dream world with your dream box!! Everybody knows that what youre buying for 200 baht (sorry) is a pirated version of true as there would be no definable logic in true charging its customers 1500 then allowing agents to sell the same programmes for 200!!

Good luck while it lasts but I know for an absolute fact via Siam TV that true are working on an encryption system to block almost free access to their service.

By the way, there is no effective hacking of Sky signals in the UK. A significantly effective encryption system operates there. I guess a few might have got away with something for a while, but they get chased down pretty quickly.

One has to wonder what True's agenda is; there is a lot more they could be doing to stop the piracy. Both in terms of civil and criminal legal action against the pirates, and technical measures to prevent the piracy methods used by Dreambox from working. For a relatively large corporation they seem quite lax in their policy, which makes you wonder who is really behind the pirates!

This says it all.

Sorry, mate, youre living in a dream world with your dream box!! Everybody knows that what youre buying for 200 baht (sorry) is a pirated version of true as there would be no definable logic in true charging its customers 1500 then allowing agents to sell the same programmes for 200!!

Good luck while it lasts but I know for an absolute fact via Siam TV that true are working on an encryption system to block almost free access to their service.

By the way, there is no effective hacking of Sky signals in the UK. A significantly effective encryption system operates there. I guess a few might have got away with something for a while, but they get chased down pretty quickly.

Oh absolutely, because "definable logic" is something that is so prevalent in Thailand.

Absolute fact via Siam TV, huh? Interesting. I can imagine the guys hawking DVD players over at Siam TV, spend their off hours chatting with the R&D department over at TrueVisions. Extremely likely scenario. I guess I should start shopping at Siam TV more often, with them giving out absolute facts from major corporations and all. Maybe they can let me in on the secrets of ThaiBev while i'm there..

On the subject of encryption, I imagine the whack-a-mole game True plays with pirates, will continue for the forseeable future. This weekends outage is probably a shining example of that. Change the encryption, 1 or 2 days later, its cracked again.

An important part of the puzzle you are missing, is that for everything that is encrypted something will need to be able to DECRYPT it. In order for True to implement a "significantly effective encryption system", they would most likely need to upgrade/ replace every single CPE (customer premise equipment) receiver in the country.. A major investment that is not very likely.

-Mestizo

I just came from the UK last month.

My dreambox back there worked perfectly to give me every channel Sky had.

Don't know anything about True in Thailand but

In the UK the dreambox did not (and could not) use a Sky card, you had to have card sharing over the internet for Sky.

You could use cards from some of the cheaper Euro broadcasting companies in the dreambox but not Sky.

Oh absolutely, because "definable logic" is something that is so prevalent in Thailand.

Absolute fact via Siam TV, huh? Interesting. I can imagine the guys hawking DVD players over at Siam TV, spend their off hours chatting with the R&D department over at TrueVisions. Extremely likely scenario. I guess I should start shopping at Siam TV more often, with them giving out absolute facts from major corporations and all. Maybe they can let me in on the secrets of ThaiBev while i'm there..

On the subject of encryption, I imagine the whack-a-mole game True plays with pirates, will continue for the forseeable future. This weekends outage is probably a shining example of that. Change the encryption, 1 or 2 days later, its cracked again.

An important part of the puzzle you are missing, is that for everything that is encrypted something will need to be able to DECRYPT it. In order for True to implement a "significantly effective encryption system", they would most likely need to upgrade/ replace every single CPE (customer premise equipment) receiver in the country.. A major investment that is not very likely.

-Mestizo

Jeez, you really are a bit of a smartarse, arent you? Well heres the thing. Truevision operates its administration via Siam TV. Their head office in Chiang Mai is there and has been for at least six years. Would have thought as you are clearly such a know all you would have known that already.

In answer to your other main jibe, tell me, do you seriously believe that true subcontract their service to dreambox suppliers for 200 a month when legitimate subscribers pay 1500? No, of course they dont. Everyone...except you, it seems, knows that what you get for 200 is a pirated version. Good luck for as long as it lasts but it wont last forever!!