Bruno'S Wine Dinner -

laban

A lot of these so-called "fine dining" establishments wouldn't cut it in the west.

That's why they are in a blue-collar tourist town in Asia where they can fool punters used to KFC-level food.

Beats me why people go to "upscale" places serving $7 Chilean plonk with a "wine dinner".

You hit that nail on the head. There is exactly one decent restaurant in Jomtien, and no, I won't name it as it is a small Italian place that has all the business it can handle. If you want a good dinner, you need to go to Bangkok. ALL the western restaurants here in Pattaya stink.

Try Alois, all the old staff of Bruno's, excellent service, virtually identical menu to Bruno's and all for a fraction of the price, you wont be disapointed.

H & H

If you think Bruno's bad, than no sense trying Alois ...

Sure it's all the Thai guys from Bruno's, BUT, the food

quality is really down the toilet IMHO .... tasteless, badly

prepared, low quality ingredients ...

Cheers,

rudi

addendum to Hilton buffet:

there's also an "all you can drink wine" offer for 600 Baht plus tax and the assortment of wines and even some champagne is not too bad. but for the average guest who might drink two glasses of wine with his dinner the setup is not exactly economical. interesting would be perhaps if it comprised some different apéritifs and digestifs.

You mean that you were serious? :blink:

I feel the question should be are you serious - or do you really know nothing about Pattaya ?

Not sure who you are asking about serious? Personally I am serious that Au Bon Coin is the best restaurant in Pattaya, good menu, great ribe eye steak for Thailand, nice ambience, large wine list if you want, good house wne, and food reasonably priced. You will have to tell why this means I know nothng about Pattaya.

You mean that you were serious? :blink:

I feel the question should be are you serious - or do you really know nothing about Pattaya ?

Not sure who you are asking about serious? Personally I am serious that Au Bon Coin is the best restaurant in Pattaya, good menu, great ribe eye steak for Thailand, nice ambience, large wine list if you want, good house wne, and food reasonably priced. You will have to tell why this means I know nothng about Pattaya.

Many apologies. I honestly thought that you were making a joke about Au Bon Pain. :wai:

Once a week is our steak night. We go to foodland and get two 450 gram (YES we're carnivors) air-freight Australian Rib Eye steak (950 baht)

Is that 950 baht per 450 gram steak? That would make it about 2100 per kilo which sounds about right?

Once a week is our steak night. We go to foodland and get two 450 gram (YES we're carnivors) air-freight Australian Rib Eye steak (950 baht)

Is that 950 baht per 450 gram steak? That would make it about 2100 per kilo which sounds about right?

No Troppo!!!!! I said 'Two 450 gram steaks"..... 950 baht...... duh?

• 1 year later...