Studies On Transgender In Thailand?

Pontare

My question was not very precise. It has of course been googled. I'm specifically looking for an authority on the matter to interview. It would be great if it was someone living in the country, be it a Thai national or a foreigner.

Edited by Pontare

There are several experienced experts on Thai Visa. My understanding is that some of Thai Visa's Pattaya residents have undertaken multiple physical exams of specimens. If you read the Pattaya Daily News, there is usually a regular update on these ad hoc researchers.

Is there a reason for you interest? Fancy yourself as one? Have you fallen in love with one on the internet?

Peter Jackson at ANU has done some research:

http://asiapacific.a...l/jackp_pah.php

I second that advice. Peter Jackson, Ph.D., is an Australian who has done extensive sociological studies on gay and transgender people here in Thailand. He has written several books on the subject. For anyone wanting to do serious research on GLBT people in Thailand, Peter would be the most informed person to consult with.

Everybody lies but lady boys lie more. You see women don't have to lie about being a woman nor does a man have to lie about being a man. They are what they are. Lady boys if they are to be effective realistic lady boys have to be effective liars. It does not make them bad people but they are involved creating an identity that is patently false. Kind of like a spy doing deep cover stuff.

They become the lie as the spy becomes the person he is trying to impersonate.

So no one has ever done any realistic research about lady boys because they lie all the time.

People who know the least about lady boys are straight guys who live with lady boys. They get the lie 24/7.

The only people who could tell the truth are lady boy researchers but they won't because they are members of the lady boy cabal.

It is similar to anthropologists who become part of a tribe to study the tribe but then can't publish reports about the tribe because they are members.

To do any effective research on lady boys one would have to ask the questions of women who lived and worked with lady boys. The only people lady boys don't have to lie to are women who they treat as peers.

Why don't psychologists know this? Because they believe what the lady boys tell them when they ask them questions. I told you lady boys were good liars.

Everybody lies but lady boys lie more. You see women don't have to lie about being a woman nor does a man have to lie about being a man. They are what they are. Lady boys if they are to be effective realistic lady boys have to be effective liars. It does not make them bad people but they are involved creating an identity that is patently false. Kind of like a spy doing deep cover stuff.

They become the lie as the spy becomes the person he is trying to impersonate.

So no one has ever done any realistic research about lady boys because they lie all the time.

People who know the least about lady boys are straight guys who live with lady boys. They get the lie 24/7.

The only people who could tell the truth are lady boy researchers but they won't because they are members of the lady boy cabal.

It is similar to anthropologists who become part of a tribe to study the tribe but then can't publish reports about the tribe because they are members.

To do any effective research on lady boys one would have to ask the questions of women who lived and worked with lady boys. The only people lady boys don't have to lie to are women who they treat as peers.

Why don't psychologists know this? Because they believe what the lady boys tell them when they ask them questions. I told you lady boys were good liars.

self-deleted, calling out an obvious expert leads to trouble ;)

Edited by jdinasia