• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some scones, perhaps?

no...more...BAKERY ITEMS!

In the name of all that is holy - where is your humanity?!

(Ironically -- I don't even like freakin' cake.)

I like chocolate cake myself. I've never tasted freakin' cake.

I nearly said I don't like f*_cking cake. But then thought about it...

The poor boy's speaking to himself now.

Just wondering ... is it impolite to speak to yourself?

Probably is if you are talking about somebody else behind their back

erik is talking to himself, about himself behind his own back though, not sure about that one.

Jokes are ok, but pls try to understand that newbis CAN MISUNDERSTAND, your answer. Rules mean nothing if the allow members to give wrong info.

Are you suggesting that people give deliberately incorrect answers?

Why is it one many times gets un-polite replies to ones harmless questions (from even senior members) it is a hobby for some members here hehe perhaps i should make it my hobby to make others think this is not a serious site, why answer when you have only ridiglious things to say ? And nothing helpful?

Why didn't you say that in the OP?

OH pls.really it can happen that people think they know what the are talking about, heard from someone ? or just thought it was so, no i dont think they do that deliberately, but if you dont know it , some people think they know more than the really do.

Jokes are ok, but pls try to understand that newbis CAN MISUNDERSTAND, your answer. Rules mean nothing if the allow members to give wrong info.

Why is it one many times gets un-polite replies to ones harmless questions (from even senior members) it is a hobby for some members here hehe perhaps i should make it my hobby to make others think this is not a serious site, why answer when you have only ridiglious things to say ? And nothing helpful?

OH pls.really it can happen that people think they know what the are talking about, heard from someone ? or just thought it was so, no i dont think they do that deliberately, but if you dont know it , some people think they know more than the really do.

I was the one that started the topic and ended up gettig really strange info from some

I was the one that started the topic and ended up gettig really strange info from some

Yeah, especially that Erik fellow. I wouldn't trust him if I were you. He was saying some prettyy odd stuff to you.

Then there's that cake guy... I hate him.

Edited by SteeleJoe

You know how the quote goes - "Ask a stupid question. Get a stupid answer."

There you go - a genuine post by me and 4 or 5 <deleted> replies. Kind of sums up TV really. I am out of here.

You know how the quote goes - "Ask a stupid question. Get a stupid answer."

You know, I was reading another thread the other day, and someone named Pikey said:

"There you go - a genuine post by me and 4 or 5 <deleted> replies. Kind of sums up TV really. I am out of here."

This thread is certainly getting more than 4 or 5 replies, does Erik know Pikey?

mario299

Being facetious is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. Making jokes is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. Making what most others would consider as extremely stupid posts is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. So members who choose to go that route are certainly within their rights as agreed upon when they joined the forum.

ITS REALLY NOT ABOUT RULES HERE BUT BEEING POLITE, AS A PERSON

Yes it is about the rules.

When you joined ThaiVisa, you agreed to abide by the rules. As did everyone else who posts here. When those rules are broken, and that includes flaming, personal attacks, spamming, etc., those posts are deleted and members sometimes suspended.

But if you post by the rules, then you are pretty much free to post as you will, either in a serious or humorous manner.

You have to remember that each and every poster in ThaiVisa is here for his or her own reason. And just because another poster does not conform to your expectations does not mean they are wrong. And if you cannot sift the wheat from the chaff, well, you are going to be rather frustrated.

ThaiVisa represents a wealth of information. It also represents quite a bit of fun. And yes, it represents quite a bit of inane fluff as well. That pretty much reflects society as a whole, don't you think?

You accuse another poster of being rude when he used the word "ridiculous" to describe this thread. Yet you also accuse me of calling other posts "stupid" just because I enjoyed laughing at their jokes. Couldn't that be construed as being rude as well?

My point is in some of your posts here, you do the very thing you decry in others in their posts.

As Moonrakers wrote, just "chill." Take some posts to heart and ignore those that frustrate you. You will be a lot happier in the end. :)

This thread has ranged from cakes to invitations to have a beer to accusations that advanced members should be more serious. And I have posted my views on that.

However, reading further, if there was a post in a visa thread which imparted incorrect information, well, that is a different story, and in a perfect forum, someone would have called out that incorrect information. I know in the General, News, Food, etc. forums, incorrect info is quickly refuted (as is correct info sometimes with which other posters merely disagree).

Regardless, even if there was some "serious" info passed which was incorrect, I still don't understand beef with cake. (After all, who doesn't like cake? :) )

This thread has ranged from cakes to invitations to have a beer to accusations that advanced members should be more serious. And I have posted my views on that.

However, reading further, if there was a post in a visa thread which imparted incorrect information, well, that is a different story, and in a perfect forum, someone would have called out that incorrect information. I know in the General, News, Food, etc. forums, incorrect info is quickly refuted (as is correct info sometimes with which other posters merely disagree).

Regardless, even if there was some "serious" info passed which was incorrect, I still don't understand beef with cake. (After all, who doesn't like cake? :) )

Beefcake?

Because its easier to respond with some negative bull**hit than to have something constructive to say

seconded !! i usually get some very helpfull advice and tv is a brilliant forum but i see this everyday where a guy asks a completely genuine honest question and get only bu******t replies for no apparent reason just because these a******les got out of bed the wrong way bah.gif

the mods should be clampling down on these negitive replies , ok we all have our views but there are some replies that are just plain downright uncalled for. as i said in my previous posts , "if you have no constructive advise to give then dont give anything at all ".

Because its easier to respond with some negative bull**hit than to have something constructive to say

seconded !! i usually get some very helpfull advice and tv is a brilliant forum but i see this everyday where a guy asks a completely genuine honest question and get only bu******t replies for no apparent reason just because these a******les got out of bed the wrong way bah.gif

the mods should be clampling down on these negitive replies , ok we all have our views but there are some replies that are just plain downright uncalled for. as i said in my previous posts , "if you have no constructive advise to give then dont give anything at all ".

And whatever you do -- don't mention cake.

Mods have one set of guidelines, and that is the posting rules. If a post is against the rules, it gets deleted. If a post is within the rules, it is generally kept.

Some complain the the mods here are too heavy-handed, so it is a new viewpoint to read that we should be more strict. And if we do clamp down, where do we draw the line? Sure, there is some degree of subjectivity, but if we started to delete jokes and silly posts, if we deleted all flippant posts, not only would we have a forum which wasn't as fun to read, but the question arises as to where we draw the line? Do we narrow it down to where we only keep posts which respond in academically-written direct answers to queries? This would be a pretty sparse forum if we did that.

Bottom line to posters is to keep within the stated rules. Bottom line to readers is ignore those posts which you do not like.

I expect a lot of people enjoy some of the daft replies to their threads. I know that I would, it can be funny and I would still find out what I wanted.

There are only two people in this thread complaining about it, which would suggest a minority. Do you think it's right that everybody else should have to conform to the wishes of the minority?

... Do you think it's right that everybody else should have to conform to the wishes of the minority?

Is this still Thailand? Yes? Then I think you know the answer, mate :ph34r:

In fairness though, the same accusation could be leveled at pretty much any country masquerading as a democracy. England for a start ( seeing as it's home for me ).

No, i am only suggesting that there might be bored bad people that would be temted to give info that then is wrong, there are all kinds of people here some very trustworthy , and some that just use hear say, like guessing. I am sure you know there are good and bad people everywhere. Thankfully most are to be trusted here.

I like both cake and beef, but separatly :)

I wonder why so many grown (?) men on TV use the expression, hehe. Is that like a giggle?

teehee giggle.gif t

I wonder how your laugther sounds (HA HA maybe ) lol. oh sorry i didn't see the "teehee" but guess that is as good a laugther sound as anything ;)

Edited by eirikur3

No, i am only suggesting that there might be bored bad people that would be temted to give info that then is wrong, there are all kinds of people here some very trustworthy , and some that just use hear say, like guessing. I am sure you know there are good and bad people everywhere. Thankfully most are to be trusted here.

So you're not suggesting that people are deliberately giving incorrect answers, you are suggesting that bored bad people will be tempted to give information that is then wrong.

Sorry, I fail to see the difference.