Anyone Know What Time The Water Stops Around Thapae?

Yuu_CM

I can hear them still playing now. Maybe after 8 PM, but avoid Loi Kroh road completely as it never seems to completely stop.

Cheers mate :) Was thinking of a resteraunt near the gate, guess we'll have to wait a while.

Well, Thapae and Loi Kroh IS the toughest part for clearing up, primarily due to all the foreigners.

This may also apply to the Reggae area off Rathwithee road, which is a good place to go anyway. So to be safe I'd say no earlier than 8pm.

EDIT: 8:30pm.

It also depends a little how you get into town; if this is on a Red Bus or motorbike then the aggregate risk increases because you cover a much bigger distance while exposed; it only takes one idiot with a bucket. If on the other hand you go by car, your risk is limited to where you park to the entrance of whatever venue you enter.

So.. be alert. I'm heading into town a little before 9pm.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Anyone knows when its safe to leave my bunker? This reminds me of when the Jerrys were bombing London - I didn't leave my house for 3 months in 1914. Now we're back there again - I'm 'itching to get down the Gate and it's seedy environs again. I fear that I'll be in my Hang Dong bunker for a similar length of time. Incidentally I built this bunker after suffering Songkrap last year. But yesterday the bas***ds found it and the water was even dropping from the sky in great volumes. God knows how they organised that! But they haven't got me yet.

Anyone knows when its safe to leave my bunker? This reminds me of when the Jerrys were bombing London - I didn't leave my house for 3 months in 1914. Now we're back there again - I'm 'itching to get down the Gate and it's seedy environs again. I fear that I'll be in my Hang Dong bunker for a similar length of time. Incidentally I built this bunker after suffering Songkrap last year. But yesterday the bas***ds found it and the water was even dropping from the sky in great volumes. God knows how they organised that! But they haven't got me yet.

Whatever you're smoking, it's got to be good!

All of a sudden the noise has really died down. I am guessing that 8 PM should be OK. :wai:

It just quieted down in the last 15 minutes on the SriPhoom and Arak sides too. Last night it ended about 7p tonight it was about 7:30p

All of a sudden the noise has really died down. I am guessing that 8 PM should be OK. :wai:

Thanks!

I was in there today and it was great fun. I don't mind the farangs like a lot of you fellas seem to, but a few of them were the only 'aggressive' people I encountered. I and my friends are still pre 40, reasonably fit etc so I wouldn't cop some of the stuff back home that I saw today like the odd bare chested idiot smashing people from half a yard with a bucket of ice. Here though, i just smile and move on. Night time is different however. I am not sure I'd stay so calm if i copped a bucket of ice at 8.30ish with evening clothes on. I'll wait a bit before heading in :)

Don't let them fool you. there are always a few over zealous, completely pickled ones still out there. If you're brave enough to take the bike out, put on a poncho

It just quieted down in the last 15 minutes on the SriPhoom and Arak sides too. Last night it ended about 7p tonight it was about 7:30p

Edited by CMSteve

I went in around 9 and had no problems / didn't see anyone throwing water. The ironic thing was though that my first choice resteraunt to take my friends to was closed.............as was the second.........

Great night anyway :)