Age Difference

GM1955

But who knows, when I get older I might change my mind, I am only 30 at the moment. When I am 60 plus and going a little crazy I might only like young girls. Right now, I would just be happy to even make 60.

At 30 you are barely out of nappies. At 71 I'm thinking it aint long before I'll be using them AGAIN. But, in between we sure can have a lot of fun. :D

What you know for certain in your 30s is most likely to be 180 degrees different than what you'll know or feel like when you are 70. If you keep the weight off and stay in good physical condition then life in your 70s can be just as enjoyable as when you were 30... if not more. :)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But who knows, when I get older I might change my mind, I am only 30 at the moment. When I am 60 plus and going a little crazy I might only like young girls. Right now, I would just be happy to even make 60.

At 30 you are barely out of nappies. At 71 I'm thinking it aint long before I'll be using them AGAIN. But, in between we sure can have a lot of fun. :D

What you know for certain in your 30s is most likely to be 180 degrees different than what you'll know or feel like when you are 70. If you keep the weight off and stay in good physical condition then life in your 70s can be just as enjoyable as when you were 30... if not more. :)

Well that certainly makes sense Ian.....after all, while you are enjoying Thailand and Canada every day doing your own thing.........

The majority are working to pay a mortgage, taxes .....with a little bit of money and an occasional hour or two a day for themselves.......:) .

Yep by the time they are 70......and many might well be working until that age!......................they might just think they deserve to enjoy life as they please.......

In my thirties I said the same thing.................to man who was sixty one...........

His reply.................

Wait until you are 59 and see if you think the same!!!

I will leave the Ian Forbes posts alone only because he needs to up his med dosage to stop the delusional thoughts and to quit try to convince himself it OK....

My thoughts on the subject of Age difference.. It does make a difference HOWEVER where it makes a difference is how young is the girl in the relationship. If you are say 35ish and up and dating a late teen or 20 yr old, you have some serious issues to overcome(within yourself) primarily as this "Child" has zero life experience and is doing nothing more then looking at you like a father figure. I mean what would you talk about? Her Make up, Hello Kitty collection, help her with her homework? Sit around with Mom and Dad at dinner? Let's be realistic.

If you are say ~50 and she is ~35 and up, that is not uncommon both here and in the US. This women, "for all intents and purposes" has lived a bit, understands what she likely wants in life. Has life experience behind here, Probably a few bad relationships under her belt, Most likely works, has a circle of friends and so on. Of course this is all generalized, cannot be any other way. To many age variables to discuss

In the end, if you are paying for the "Sex" and believe you are getting affection and have a 'Wonderful, loving care situation, You feel like a MAN because a 20 year old thinks your are sexy and so on I agree with others, stop paying and see how fast they stay around and compliment your bed time prowess. To comment about it as a "Relationship" is silly. it is nothing more then paying for sex.

I think the OP was asking this question for the people who have a long standing, "Not business arrangement" Those do not count.

As for me, I am 50, my GF is 38( 39 next month). Up to this point our relationship is very good

What a complete load of tosh. Your post sounds like you couldn't or are AFRAID to have a younger lady. :lol:

funny i thought he was bang on. Shagging 20 year olds is great, talking to them is dull as guts, no matter the culture. throw in a lack of education and cultural differences and it is just painful.

Well that certainly makes sense Ian.....after all, while you are enjoying Thailand and Canada every day doing your own thing.........

The majority are working to pay a mortgage, taxes .....with a little bit of money and an occasional hour or two a day for themselves.......:) .

Yep by the time they are 70......and many might well be working until that age!......................they might just think they deserve to enjoy life as they please.......

And you just keep on working and paying taxes! SOMEBODY is going to have to pay for my lifestyle that I'm really enjoying. I"lll let you know when I start to feel old and ready for my rocking chair. Right now I'm having too much fun with young women in Thailand and all the adventure anyone could ask for in Canada. Today was a great example. We drifted down the river behind my home on Vancouver Island and caught a bunch of trout while fishing in the sunshine. Then, a friends wife cooked us supper after I packed my raft back in my truck. The only thing that would make the day perfect is if Ning was here to share the evening with me tonight ... instead of me being on the computer and posting on thaivisa.

Thanks mate, sorry I ain't been in touch, but apart from trolling threads, I ain't had much time to be here or anywhere else on the internet, but a troll thread here , a troll thread there, a troll thread every f%#kin'where. biggrin.gif

Thing is Ray, another punter will start exactly the same thread in a few months and that will also have a long run, this one lasted quite a long time, usually they are closed or should I say // CLOSED // in my best moderator impersonation ?

Next thread will be, well, I'll keep you guessing, but it may be ' where did you meet your wife ', that thread is always good for a laugh, a <deleted> load of lies and many pitiful people in various states of denial.

Until then. biggrin.gif

By the way, my GF is no longer my GF, I'm with her younger sister now, she is 49 years younger than me, but she loves me for who I am. smile.gif

But is it a troll if it gathers such interest? A well written and timed "troll" can be a lot of fun if people keep their temper. It certainly beats a continual list of questions that could easily be answered by a simple research. Besides, if everyone keeps their temper then someone WILL post something interesting. It's not a lot different than good buddies poking fun at each other while sitting in the pub together reminiscing about old times.

Ian, I agree entirely and my friend GM1955 is a master at it.

I am not a moderator though, and they sometimes take a different view of 'banter' !!

I will leave the Ian Forbes posts alone only because he needs to up his med dosage to stop the delusional thoughts and to quit try to convince himself it OK....

My thoughts on the subject of Age difference.. It does make a difference HOWEVER where it makes a difference is how young is the girl in the relationship. If you are say 35ish and up and dating a late teen or 20 yr old, you have some serious issues to overcome(within yourself) primarily as this "Child" has zero life experience and is doing nothing more then looking at you like a father figure. I mean what would you talk about? Her Make up, Hello Kitty collection, help her with her homework? Sit around with Mom and Dad at dinner? Let's be realistic.

If you are say ~50 and she is ~35 and up, that is not uncommon both here and in the US. This women, "for all intents and purposes" has lived a bit, understands what she likely wants in life. Has life experience behind here, Probably a few bad relationships under her belt, Most likely works, has a circle of friends and so on. Of course this is all generalized, cannot be any other way. To many age variables to discuss

In the end, if you are paying for the "Sex" and believe you are getting affection and have a 'Wonderful, loving care situation, You feel like a MAN because a 20 year old thinks your are sexy and so on I agree with others, stop paying and see how fast they stay around and compliment your bed time prowess. To comment about it as a "Relationship" is silly. it is nothing more then paying for sex.

I think the OP was asking this question for the people who have a long standing, "Not business arrangement" Those do not count.

As for me, I am 50, my GF is 38( 39 next month). Up to this point our relationship is very good

What a complete load of tosh. Your post sounds like you couldn't or are AFRAID to have a younger lady. :lol:

funny i thought he was bang on. Shagging 20 year olds is great, talking to them is dull as guts, no matter the culture. throw in a lack of education and cultural differences and it is just painful.

But that's not the point. Most are happy to enjoy the physical relationship with a much younger partner that they would be unable to obtain in their home countries.

Who cares that they are unable to have any sort of genuine conversation or can understand their problems?!

But that's not the point. Most are happy to enjoy the physical relationship with a much younger partner that they would be unable to obtain in their home countries.

Who cares that they are unable to have any sort of genuine conversation or can understand their problems?!

Nothing like some broad generalizations is there?! I do remember your statements about the Thai women that foreigners marry though .. so I guess it is just predictable! :)

(adding link to the post mentioned )

Edited by jdinasia

Nothing like some broad generalizations is there?! I do remember your statements about the Thai women that foreigners marry though .. so I guess it is just predictable! :)

You're right. The vast majority of relationships enjoy equal qualifications, money etc. etc.

Sorry to be predictable and not just agree that all relationships here are based on mutual love, respect and understanding :(.

and on that note .... buh bye dmax !

Let's hope so. How dare anyone suggest that 60-80 year old men screwing teenage girls are paedophiles?! :huh:

I think perhaps you should go back and read the post and the post he was replying to again :) As long as both people are consenting adults, not only is that term not appropriate it is simply wrong. If people were to make such broad generalizations about farang women on these boards I am sure you would be quite upset :)

and on that note .... buh bye dmax !

Let's hope so. How dare anyone suggest that 60-80 year old men screwing teenage girls are paedophiles?! :huh:

I think perhaps you should go back and read the post and the post he was replying to again :) As long as both people are consenting adults, not only is that term not appropriate it is simply wrong. If people were to make such broad generalizations about farang women on these boards I am sure you would be quite upset :)

Funnily enough if somebody pointed out that 60-80 year old farang women having relationships with teenage men was wrong - I'd agree....

Its not exactly common here :lol:, unlike old men with far younger Thai women, but I'm sure you can find one...somewhere...

Edited by F1fanatic

When I see these guys of 60+ with girls (sexy looking ones too!) in their twenties I have one emotion. Jealousy!

I only wish something that simple could make me that happy! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Ps. I have an interest in a Thai lady. We just talk. But She's 15 years older than me. We can have meaningful conversations and even touch on philosophical arguments. Thats as good as it gets for me here.

When I see these guys of 60+ with girls (sexy looking ones too!) in their twenties I have one emotion. Jealousy!

I only wish something that simple could make me that happy! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Yes, the emotion felt by normal tourists is jealousy - not revulsion....

Those that live here are jealous too when they see the pensioners with their young women :rolleyes:.

I know passions can run high on this subject but don't let your perceived anonymity let you make serious, potentially slanderous allegations against other members. In other words, think before you type. It will help you avoid the penalties that one member faced today.

Some posts were deleted.

Edit: Another discussing moderation was deleted as well.

Edited by cdnvic

Did anyone stop to think that when they see an elderly man with a much younger girl, he is, maybe, thinking of adopting? Or that, perhaps, she's the daughter of his older GF?

I once took my son's GF out to dinner cause he was working. I only wish he had married her. She was a sweet kid. To my surprise she came wearing a short skirt with platforms. I didn't take it as anything but the current style. It was totally innocent. In ant case, I got snears from every woman my age that I cared to notice. I find women find it more disturbing than vice-versa. I respect any woman who can go for it.

Who wouldn't want to be with a younger person than themselves? Just as long as they don't try to fool themselves. It's a risky business, and you should keep your senses.

Age has nothing to do with it.

The economic disparity in Thailand is what provides the women and if a man is not balanced enough to manage it than he is in for big trouble.

Men come here and expose themselves to powerful brain chemistry that they cannot manage. These same men would not consider experimenting with opiates, but they jump right in to this. Thailand is a dream come true, but I think that these women should have a warning label tattooed to their foreheads. If you do not know how to manage it you will get burned.

Age is not a factor because it is not about them it is about me.

There are different kinds of relationships, some are balanced and sustainable and some are just wonderfully addictive. Some people can manage beer, but not heroin and they should know the difference before they go experimenting.

If your still leading your life caring what other people think of you than perhaps you have bigger problems.

='a99az' timestamp='1303615510' post='4377225']

I don't keep a note of the ages, it's hard enough keeping track of all the names.rolleyes.gif5555

Both age and names alluded me in the majority of passionate interludes , after all is said and done , I was only along for the ' Ride' .

Age has nothing to do with it.

The economic disparity in Thailand is what provides the women and if a man is not balanced enough to manage it than he is in for big trouble.

Men come here and expose themselves to powerful brain chemistry that they cannot manage. These same men would not consider experimenting with opiates, but they jump right in to this. Thailand is a dream come true, but I think that these women should have a warning label tattooed to their foreheads. If you do not know how to manage it you will get burned.

Age is not a factor because it is not about them it is about me.

There are different kinds of relationships, some are balanced and sustainable and some are just wonderfully addictive. Some people can manage beer, but not heroin and they should know the difference before they go experimenting.

If your still leading your life caring what other people think of you than perhaps you have bigger problems.

Bravo.

<deleted>, are you serious or is this simply another troll post?

I'm afraid he might be quite serious. This mindset could easily be more common than not.

My GF is 43 years younger than me, how about you guys ?

A better question would be, what does a couple with a 43 year age difference have in common?

The answer is easy, nothing. With the possible exception of you being interested in her feminine wiles, while she is interested in your bank balance.

Think YOU are totally missing the point and should get a girl friend and give your wrist a rest eh. :lol:

Quite cute from a person whose nic is a US muscle car. Speaks volumes, really.

<deleted> does age difference in a relationship have to do with how often I get laid? Yet another typical redneck response.

Edited by KeyserSoze01

I'm afraid he might be quite serious. This mindset could easily be more common than not.

"He" is a she. ;)

"He" is a she. ;)

I'm with F1; if I wanted to understand a lady's woes, I would listen.

(as if that's ever going to happen...)

SC

Considering the number of men who marry women of their own culture, age and income bracket, religious and ethnic back ground and STILL don't understand their partner it's little wonder that there are problems when everything is different. I've often said that if I just wanted a "friend" then I'd pick another man. We would have more in common. It is the same with women. They don't understand men and that is why many Thai women often get along very well with ladyboys.

There is a difference between western cultures and Asian cultures when it comes to mixing young people with older people. Thai youth are FAR more friendly when it comes to mixing widely differing age brackets. As a man of 71 I have mixed in with a bunch of Thai youths many times and I have always been accepted. I would never consider doing that with the youth of Canada... unless I personally knew them through their parents. If I walked up to a group of Canadian teenagers and started talking they would look at me like I had horns growing out of my head.