Bars In Hua Hin

alina

Hua Hin is a classic example of no money no honey. The better girls aren't going to work there because the going rate is much lower than Pattaya or BKK. As a result most are older who can't compete with the young attractive girls if Soi Cowboy eg so they head off to places like Soi 80 and Bintabaht where their chances of getting a customer are at least half decent.

Soi 80 is cheap enough for bear but would bore the t*** of anyone with a bit off get up and go about them but the bars in the town centre are about the same as you pay in BKK for the same thing only the girls are not what you would expect.

As far as Hua Hin goes itself it's a lovely place to live for married couples and bring up kids. There are some great restaurants and plenty of farang food at reasonable prices. Had many a good breakfast at an English guys place (Barry) just before Soi 80 on the main road. Lovely fella who made great home made sausage and pies, was my fav memory of the place. Wrong kind of pies for this subject but at least they were freshrolleyes.gif

If you ask me, Hua Hin is crying out for a good pub. A proper pub with good staff that sell great food and make an effort.

I totally agree with that, especially if they also have a band playing a couple a night a week.

Truer words were never spoken! That's one thing Bangkok, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai have that Hua Hin lacks. El Murphy's is as close as we have to that as far as I know.

Hi hhfarang, I must agree with you, O Rielly's try's also, but the prices are extortionate, over a 100 baht for a small beer, while the band is a refreshing novelty in Hua Hin so I WONT KNOCK IT.

Is O Reilly's the one oopposite the London Bar ??

& where is El Murphy's ??

Is O Reilly's the one oopposite the London Bar ??

& where is El Murphy's ??

Yes it is just across from the London and to get to El Murphys' ,walk up to the first right (Soi Belakam)and it's up at the top end!

Yes to your first question as sydneyjed answered. El Murphy's is on Soi Selekam which is the soi that runs parallel to Bintabaht, one block north. El Murphy's is near the Hilton end.

Hua Hin is a classic example of no money no honey. The better girls aren't going to work there because the going rate is much lower than Pattaya or BKK. As a result most are older who can't compete with the young attractive girls if Soi Cowboy eg so they head off to places like Soi 80 and Bintabaht where their chances of getting a customer are at least half decent.

Soi 80 is cheap enough for bear but would bore the t*** of anyone with a bit off get up and go about them but the bars in the town centre are about the same as you pay in BKK for the same thing only the girls are not what you would expect.

As far as Hua Hin goes itself it's a lovely place to live for married couples and bring up kids. There are some great restaurants and plenty of farang food at reasonable prices. Had many a good breakfast at an English guys place (Barry) just before Soi 80 on the main road. Lovely fella who made great home made sausage and pies, was my fav memory of the place. Wrong kind of pies for this subject but at least they were freshrolleyes.gif

Sums it up nicely, not sure why anyone would bother going out in Hua Hin for fun or girls, there is nothing. When I come down we go to a restaurant and thats it, not worth the effort to go further. As for the females, stick with the caddie's after a nice round of golf, they are always after a little extra, agree a time and meet somewhere out of the way, not worth hunting the bars in Hua Hin when you get that feeling. :annoyed:

Sums it up nicely, not sure why anyone would bother going out in Hua Hin for fun or girls, there is nothing. When I come down we go to a restaurant and thats it, not worth the effort to go further. As for the females, stick with the caddie's after a nice round of golf, they are always after a little extra, agree a time and meet somewhere out of the way, not worth hunting the bars in Hua Hin when you get that feeling. :annoyed:

Realy? Which courses? I never got that vibe from Banyan or The Eagle....

^ I've never gotten that impression from any caddy here either. In fact most I've talked to are married and have kids, and the others have either been too young (one was 15!), not very good looking, or men (3 times). Once I even had a "lady boy" caddy!

^ I've never gotten that impression from any caddy here either. In fact most I've talked to are married and have kids, and the others have either been too young (one was 15!), not very good looking, or men (3 times). Once I even had a "lady boy" caddy!

Yup thats why it suprised me..... Caddies always seem pretty proud of there job and get quite offended if you try it on with them. I stopped chatting them up years ago and just have a giigle with them now.

Hi :jap:

We seem to be off post, everyone seems to be comparing Hua Hin with other towns and city's, this was not the question.

Why are the bars empty and so expensive ?

Personally I put it down th the guys who rent/lease the bars, they have no experience in running bars. Some try but its all the same Pool and Hookers.

THE RENTS FOR THESE PREMISSES MUST BE ON LEVEL PAR OR CHEAPER THAN OTHER TOWNS OR CITY'S, ELECTRIC AND WATER THE SAME, SO WHY IS THE PRICE OF DRINK SO EXPENSIVE IN THE MAJORITY OF BARS ???? :bah:

Most of the year its fairly quiet here, only really gets busy on long weekends, average price for a small beer is 65 baht which aint bad if you throw in free pool. But Pattaya it isnt. Lots of good food at decent prices but most of these places your average tourist would not find. I could never live in Pattaya note am retired and live with my young GF, and there are many like me. I have a very good income but still look after my money and hate being ripped off. Have lived in BKK never again also Pattaya never again.

Hi :jap:

We seem to be off post, everyone seems to be comparing Hua Hin with other towns and city's, this was not the question.

Why are the bars empty and so expensive ?

Personally I put it down th the guys who rent/lease the bars, they have no experience in running bars. Some try but its all the same Pool and Hookers.

THE RENTS FOR THESE PREMISSES MUST BE ON LEVEL PAR OR CHEAPER THAN OTHER TOWNS OR CITY'S, ELECTRIC AND WATER THE SAME, SO WHY IS THE PRICE OF DRINK SO EXPENSIVE IN THE MAJORITY OF BARS ???? :bah:

That whole Bintaban area is desperate. I have been to Soi Bintabat maybe 10 times in 18 months.... And thats only because I am forced to when I have a friend visiting who wants to check the area out. I dont pay any attention to how much the drink prices are but I can say that all bars are one and the same.....Horrible beer bars that make zero effort. It truly sucks down there and I avoid the area like the plague.

If you ask me, Hua Hin is crying out for a good pub. A proper pub with good staff that sell great food and make an effort.

And a good Indian food joint.

I'm no expert on Indian food but others have told me there are several good ones in Hua Hin, including the new one in the Nabpob market building at the main traffic light. I have eaten at one of the big touristy ones downtown as well as the very inexpensive one on Soi 94 and both seemed good to me.

Edited by hhfarang

I'm no expert on Indian food but others have told me there are several good ones in Hua Hin, including the new one in the Nabpob market building at the main traffic light. I have eaten at one of the big touristy ones downtown as well as the very inexpensive one on Soi 94 and both seemed good to me.

The new one at Naprob I can highly reccomend. They go a smashing Tikka Masala for like, 120 Baht. Everything is cooked fresh right in front of you in the small open kitchen.

Not the best place to eat in as its real small - three tables lol and the staff stand there, stone cold silent, eyes glued to you with every mouth. Best for take aways.

The most popular is The Maharaj. Its truly gone down hill latley though. They have started pre cooking everything, bagging it and microvaing it when you order. Even nan breads are nuked. Whats more all of the curries have merged into one sauce... Madras, Vindaloo and Massala the three main curry types all look and taste just the same but with different levels in chilli added.

The new one at Naprob I can highly reccomend. They go a smashing Tikka Masala for like, 120 Baht. Everything is cooked fresh right in front of you in the small open kitchen.

Not the best place to eat in as its real small - three tables lol and the staff stand there, stone cold silent, eyes glued to you with every mouth. Best for take aways.

I also am a fan of that place. Odd name, like "Thank You in Indian," but highly recommended.

Funny you should mention the size and the "attentiveness" of the staff. Here I thought they were flirting with me. :whistling:

And, one tip for that place, before you enter, read the large menu panel posted on the window facing into the mall. They have meal sets that are not on the printed menu you'll receive when you sit down. Very good value in the meal sets.