I Think Its Over The Water Fights Anyway .

BB1955

Just got back from a ride into the moat , around and through as well . No one was throwing water , saw a couple of war wagons heading home on my way up . All was quiet and peaceful. So think for those of you who have been hermits the last three or four days .. It safe to come out now ....

Yesterday was great fun, last day seems to always be the best. There seemed to be a water war between two groups opposite each other near loy kroh, battles every two minutes, very funny

Cant wait till I have kids so they can experience it all

I got hit just a little bit today BB1955 form some little kids. Worth it watching them laugh.

Day 1 froze my tail off, coldest Songkron I ever remember. The ice water sure did not help.

Yes, the last day is the best. Jumped on my bicycle and rode a few times around the moat, ice water felt great .....I guess 3 days is enough but sure look forward to next year...

Is it just me or was Songkran very quiet this year? Our place is usually booked out, but hardly anyone here. Doesn't seem to be so many backpackers around, and my husband ventured out to TaiPai Gate after dark on Thursday night and said everyone was behaving normally - last couple of years it seemed to be chaotic to me so I decided to stay indoors for the duration.

Riding out past Mae Jo on the HWY got hit by a bucket of water in the face at 70km/hr. First one and I didn't expect or see that one coming and it knocked my head back. Dangerous stuff. There were about 15 "squadrons" in total during my trip but I managed to slow right down for the rest safely. Seems to be more enthusiasm to keep it going as I got into more rural areas.

I did get soaked at 5.30pm today in my village in Saraphi district by a group of rather drunk looking Thais. I'm not sure they're aware what day it is.

Where was that? Saraphi is a big place. Would like to know to check out the 'afterparty' next year.

Anyway, I'm off to Chonburi.

Is it just me or was Songkran very quiet this year?

The last few years have been much quieter than in the past. Between the red shirts, the yellow shirts and less farangs due to the world economy.

I can actually dash out to purchase supplies near Thapae Gate without getting wet most of the time. That was impossible 3 or 4 years ago.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I got hit just a little bit today BB1955 form some little kids. Worth it watching them laugh.

Day 1 froze my tail off, coldest Songkron I ever remember. The ice water sure did not help.

Yes, the last day is the best. Jumped on my bicycle and rode a few times around the moat, ice water felt great .....I guess 3 days is enough but sure look forward to next year...

HAHAHAH You and me both ! The first two days I did on foot and took a bunch of pictures . Third day I rode the scooter around the outside then inside had a blast . Now Im sitting here wiping my runny nose and wife is ROFLAO at me .... I saw two farrangs in the back of a pickup truch that were having the time of thier lives . After they hit me with thier water guns I asked them where are the wives ???? They were driving !!! Some guys got it rough !!!