Where To Buy Burmese, Siamese Or Tonkinese Cats In Bangkok?

I am interested in buying a Burmese, Siamese or Tonkinese female cat here in Bangkok. I know there are stray cats but I am only interested in purebred cats and went to the weekend market today and I could only find 3 that were much to young (4 weeks old) that they wanted to sell me anyway. If anyone knows where I can buy one of these cats, please let me know. Thank you very much.

The owner of Furr Purr in Sukhumvit Soi 33/1 (Phom Phrong station) is a breeder of show cats. The shop currently has 3 x purebred Korat cat kittens, the dad is national champ. Saw them yesterday when we went in to pick our cat up from their cattery. The staff in the shop don't speak much English so take a Thai speaker with you. They are on Facebook as Furrpurr Shop.

Thank you for the reply. I was actually there yesterday and saw the super cute Korat kittens. Unfortunately I am partial to Burmese, Siamese and Tonkinese as these are the cats I've been around my whole life. You think it would be much, much easier to find Siamese (Thai) cats here in Thailand but I guess it will just make it that much more worth it once I do find one.

If anyone does know where I can find one from a reputable breeder, I am still looking. Thank you very much.

The owner of Furr Purr in Sukhumvit Soi 33/1 (Phom Phrong station) is a breeder of show cats. The shop currently has 3 x purebred Korat cat kittens, the dad is national champ. Saw them yesterday when we went in to pick our cat up from their cattery. The staff in the shop don't speak much English so take a Thai speaker with you. They are on Facebook as Furrpurr Shop.

I got my siamese at the threpasit market in pattaya. There is a guy there who is quite reputable with dogs and cats. If you venture down this way and see him, he would probably try and get a siamese for you. I was actually looking for a korat when I found my siamese and I just fell in love with her. Good luck to you, I hope you are able to fine one. My siamese has been a real joy.

Thank you so much for the reply. Making miss my Siamese I had many years ago. They are absolutely amazing. If I make it down there I will definitely see if I can find him. Wishing he had a contact up here. I can't believe how hard it is to find a good breeder in Bangkok. The search continues...

I got my siamese at the threpasit market in pattaya. There is a guy there who is quite reputable with dogs and cats. If you venture down this way and see him, he would probably try and get a siamese for you. I was actually looking for a korat when I found my siamese and I just fell in love with her. Good luck to you, I hope you are able to fine one. My siamese has been a real joy.

Thank you for the reply. I was actually there yesterday and saw the super cute Korat kittens. Unfortunately I am partial to Burmese, Siamese and Tonkinese as these are the cats I've been around my whole life. You think it would be much, much easier to find Siamese (Thai) cats here in Thailand but I guess it will just make it that much more worth it once I do find one.

If anyone does know where I can find one from a reputable breeder, I am still looking. Thank you very much.

Did you ask the staff if the owner has any others, I believe she also breeds Siamese, as we once looked at her photo album of grand champions. We had to go upstairs to retrieve our cat yesterday as she didn't want to come out of her air conditioned room, and I noticed they had several Siamese cats there - whether they belong to the shop owner or were being boarded over Songkran I'm not sure.

Edited by Goinghomesoon

My Thai girlfriend asked...so I am guessing they were reserved or something was lost in translation. I think I will call them back tomorrow just to confirm if they do or not.

Did you ask the staff if the owner has any others, I believe she also breeds Siamese, as we once looked at her photo album of grand champions. We had to go upstairs to retrieve our cat yesterday as she didn't want to come out of her air conditioned room, and I noticed they had several Siamese cats there - whether they belong to the shop owner or were being boarded over Songkran I'm not sure.

• 1 month later...

Are you still looking for Traditional Thai pure breed cat. Try search "Thai traditional house cat" "Baan Maew Thai" " Thai cat house in Amphawa" Sorry I'm a newbie so can't post the link.

Here is the place they breed only Traditional cat like Burmese/ Siamese/ Korat /Traditional pure white( Khao Manee cat) and provide you more info about Traditional Thai cat - belief of good cat and bad cat in Thai culture. They sell the kitten only 2000 baht. You can trust it's 100% pure breed. They're in magazine, Internat, Cat site.. Everywhere :)

It's in the same floating market area which is one of the most popular :) find "amphawa floating market." Not that far from BKK

You can find both cat and good Thai traditional food here :)

Good luck

Amp

• 11 years later...