Financial Aid At The University Level

International Financial Aid Poll  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If some form of financial aid was available for you or your dependents to study in an international program for a bachelors, masters or PhD degree in Thailand, would this influence your decision to study or send your dependents to study in a Thai university?

The poll tool on ThaiVisa only let me ask 3 questions. Please comment pro or con why financial aid is a good or a bad idea for foreigners in Thailand. If anyone has any ideas specific to Thailand that can help people from other countries study in Thailand, please add them as well.

I would also be interested in information that is specific to certain countries. For example, military veterans from the USA have education benefits that lets them study in VA approved programs in universities outside of the United States. Are there other similar programs from other countries that might fund an education here in Thailand?

I would like this to be a constructive discussion. I do already understand how many people feel about the Thai educational system. International programs are a bit different in Thailand and no doubt they too have room for improvement, however, I do believe they are better than many Thai programs.

Thank you everyone for your help. :jap:

Edited by richard10365

I don't have much experience with Universities, but I do have a former employee who is getting a Ph.D. in an advanced science area. It is costing him considerably less than he would pay in the U.S.. He is quite pleased with the school, faculty and courses. He got his undergraduate and Masters from a well-known US university and finds Thailand to be educationally very good.

No. He (or his family) are paying. His father is a professional with a good income and they had wanted him to continue his education. They had offered to foot the bill for returning to school in the U.S., so I am sure Thailand is a pretty inexpensive alternative.

I can't really move it to the CM forum, since it's more related to this forum than to CM. I am afraid the mods there would simply close it.

Hopefully a few of our University people will come by and give you some answers.

I can't really move it to the CM forum, since it's more related to this forum than to CM. I am afraid the mods there would simply close it.

Hopefully a few of our University people will come by and give you some answers.

I can see how people might see the relation between teaching and studying. Both happen often in the same classroom at the same time. I think there should be a sub-forum on just studying since the number of students in international programs is approaching 20,000. It's getting quite popular.