Strange Scene On Rama Iv Today

Kilgore Trout

Just past the Carrefour on Rama IV heading towards ekkamai about 3pm, saw about 10 teenagers sitting on the sidewalk holding placards with about 5 police officers surrounding them. Stopped the bike to read a placard and was promptly ushered away by one of the cops, so couldn't figure out what was going on.

Anyone know what this is about?

A Protest.

Wow, you are brilliant :blink:

You must be a billionaire by now with a brain like that.

Could you perhaps enlighten me with the nature of the protest? :huh:

I would have to read the placards to know specifically what there are not happy with.:bah:

I guess the comment is in line with ridiculous questions , if the police ushered you on , would it not be pertinent to believe they did not want anyone stopping to view the placards ?

manners maketh man not spelling .

Perhaps, but that would not preclude the idea that someone may have read it; my Thai reading is slow, perhaps someone more literate in Thai than I could have read the signs rather instantly as I would have been able to had it been in English. Hence my question asking if anyone knew what was going on given the location and time; perhaps people other than myself were there; it is possible.

I also agree with your comment about manners, but unfortunately you have neither. Thanks for your meaningless posts.

A Protest.

I would have to read the placards to know specifically what there are not happy with.:bah:

Ah, apparently you are nothing more than a troll; nothing B)

btw, if you are going to make ridiculous trollish comments you should learn to spell properly, troll :bah:

Please be so kind as to point out the spelling errors, or perhaps you were referring to the grammar. Your own grammar leaves much to be desired.

Oh for heaven's sake.

Read forum netiquette :

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

and forum rules: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Eh, you are not allowed to stop your bike to read a placard, you stupid man :rolleyes:

Tried that, but when a very angry policeman starts to walk toward you ushering with his hand for you to go away immediately, in my experience it would not be wise to inform the officer of my rights to stop the bike and read the placard.

we used to live in Soi 26, the one which that Carrefour is on. Perhaps they are protesting that we don't live there anymore.

Or they were protesting that Carrefour is leaving, Thailand, and with it, the good bread and the French oysters they fly out each Christmas.

Who knows.

I am pretty sure that they were protesting about the right of beautiful teenage girls to dance around topless although it could be wishful thinking. :huh:

You talking bout them underage ones................kinky.

.....as you'll make note, none of those young ladies in question {Songkran} were teenagers.

A Protest.

I suggest you spend time on a website that teaches you to read Thai - doesn't take much of a brain to learn to read Thai in a month or so, How long have you been here?

Illiteracy is a big problem among expats.

I can actually read Thai; what I cannot do is read 10 lines of Thai in less than 5 seconds which is what this particular scenario required.

I can usually read and understand one line of a movie subtitle before it changes.

I apologize if my "not much of a brain" is inferior to yours, as you suggest.

I have noticed that about these online forums. The OP asks a very specific question ( as in this case) or poses a certain topic and most of the posts that follow are either concerned with spelling or grammar, concerned with making a joke ( often with nothing to do with the OP) or totally off topic. As someone says above. . .if you cant answer the topic question ( or add something of interest) stay off the dam_n thread.