Soap Making Supplies

divenMaster

I am an avid Soap Maker and was wondering if anyone knows if Soap Making supplies are available in Pattaya/Jomtien?

Example of some products for a cold Soap Making process:

White Palm OilCoconut Oil

Camellia Oil

Castor Oil

Safflower Oil or Sunflower Oil

NaoH -chemicals use for saponization process of cold process soap

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I made and sold soap in the states and wanted to continue making soap for myself over here, but for the small soap maker it is easier to buy what I need in the U.S. than here. For one thing small soap makers in it for the business are not sharers of information like they are in the U.S. They are afraid of competition.

That being said you can buy coconut oil in bottles at Lemon Green Farms in BKK...1 litre recently went up to 175 baht...so although it is

not the hydrogenized coconut oil (white hard melting points of 72 degrees F or 90 degrees F) and is not virgin coconut oil, it is supposedly

organic with a slight coconut smell. If you buy it I recommend putting in the frig as the heat here WILL make it go off.

Sunflower oil you can buy anywhere...Tesco, Makro, Big C. They also have safflower oil, but the price is prohibitive of using much in your recipe.

Olive oil is my preferred largest percentage base oil, but it is quite expensive over here too. I am now going to try a recipe with mostly Palm oil

and coconut oil with a couple ounces each of good expensive oils or butters...ex: olive, grape seed, coco butter. You can get fragrance oils in china town in BKK, but be careful they do not contain alcohol. You can also get some essential oils. They used to have a thai essential oil store online, but they are no more as their prices were very high. I don't know where you are from but if from the states and have someone coming over for a visit there are two main suppliers I use in the U.S. for fo and eos that are very resonable. send me an PM if interested.

Lye you can get at any hardware store even small village hardware....soda fai.....I have yet to see potassium hydroxide for making liquid soaps.

or Palm Kernel Oil, or Palm stearic which both make a hard bar of soap.

Hope this helps a bit.

Beachbunny

Nong Jub Tao

• 2 months later...

Hello Beach Bunny

I am - with my wife - living in Isan ( not far from Mukdahan ).

Once in a while we drive to Pattaya, where we lived before.

Last time I was there, I've searched for potassium hydroxide too, but could not find that.

1) Did you find an address for that chemical already

2) Did you find a supplier for Essential Oils? I'm looking for any in the Pattaya / Chonburi / Bangkok area.

Perhaps you have some suggestions?

BRGDS

JohanW