Coil Over Suspension

kenny999

Order direct from Tein Mastershop in Bangkok and get it sent next day EMS.

You won't get it cheaper.

The number is 0818707700 and talk to Krit, speaks perfect english.

Been quoted 28,000bht for coilover from C Cube that is fitted, (this is a chinese make but I assume good, forget the name. looked at web sites in the UK and Bilstein is over £600.

Has this place got a web site?

Order direct from Tein Mastershop in Bangkok and get it sent next day EMS.

You won't get it cheaper.

The number is 0818707700 and talk to Krit, speaks perfect english.

Been quoted 28,000bht for coilover from C Cube that is fitted, (this is a chinese make but I assume good, forget the name. looked at web sites in the UK and Bilstein is over £600.

Has this place got a web site?

Well, Just use google my friend and look at Tein suspension, made in Japan and i wouldn't trust my life with a set of Chinese no named coils.

Has any quality control or R&D been put into these Chinese ones? NO, just copies.

Krit is the Thailand dealer, best price and great service straight from the importer and no middle men.

Well, Just use google my friend and look at Tein suspension, made in Japan and i wouldn't trust my life with a set of Chinese no named coils.

Has any quality control or R&D been put into these Chinese ones? NO, just copies.

Krit is the Thailand dealer, best price and great service straight from the importer and no middle men.

Okay if I order from Bangkok I will have to pay someone to fit the suspension, you know of somewhere?

I will have to pay someone to fit the suspension, you know of somewhere?

C Cube ??

BTW you car already has coil overs, are you replacing the entire strut with ones that have adjustable coils perches and camber tops or instead just coils and strut inserts ?

Edited by Spoonman

I will have to pay someone to fit the suspension, you know of somewhere?

C Cube ??

BTW you car already has coil overs, are you replacing the entire strut with ones that have adjustable coils perches and camber tops or instead just coils and strut inserts ?

I want to lower the car more than it is now and camber the wheels in so I guess the entire strut, not up on these things so I have to go by advice most of the time.

I want to lower the car more than it is now and camber the wheels in so I guess the entire strut, not up on these things so I have to go by advice most of the time.

Kenny.

Tein is the best available for Mazda 2 and i would not risk my life on some copy chinese crap.

I have seen people put the fake Recaro seats in their cars and in an accident they snap straight off their mounts and the chair goes flying forward into the steering wheel.

You can imagine what that does to the body.

I've ran Tein in a few cars and i can assure you it's the best.

Make sure you get the model with EDFC, it enables you to adjust the ride comfort (soft, medium,hard) from inside the car.

http://www.tein.co.j...er_compact.html

PM me if you want it installed.

Kenny.

Tein is the best available for Mazda 2 and i would not risk my like on some copy chinese crap.

I have seen people put the fake Recaro seats in their cars and in an accident they snap straight off their mounts and the chair goes flying forward into the steering wheel.

Make sure you get the model with EDFC, it enables you to adjust the ride comfort (soft, medium,hard) from inside the car.

Okay will think about the Tein, one question to you both as you both know what you are talking about, regarding lowering, I have been told it is a no no to cutting the springs because it will destroy the ride quality which I can understand, at the moment its a difficult decision because all I want to do is lower the car a further maybe 1" so 50,000 bht plus fitting for this little adjustment is a lot of money.

Kenny.

Tein is the best available for Mazda 2 and i would not risk my like on some copy chinese crap.

Okay will think about the Tein, one question to you both as you both know what you are talking about, regarding lowering, I have been told it is a no no to cutting the springs because it will destroy the ride quality which I can understand, at the moment its a difficult decision because all I want to do is lower the car a further maybe 1" so 50,000 bht plus fitting for this little adjustment is a lot of money.

These are fully adjustable.

There is a special spanner that is included that can raise and lower ride heights anytime you want.

The real reason for changing to coilovers should not be ride height but the advantages in the handling.

Your car will be like a go kart once it's done, it's racing suspension and the handling will surprise you with the adjustablity for soft medium or hard setup from the flick of a switch.

http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/edfc.html

28,000 for chinese crap when these can be had for mid 40's.and pure adjustabilty.

These are fully adjustable.

There is a special spanner that is included that can raise and lower ride heights anytime you want.

The real reason for changing to coilovers should not be ride height but the advantages in the handling.

Your car will be like a go kart once it's done, it's racing suspension and the handling will surprise you with the adjustablity for soft medium or hard setup from the flick of a switch.

http://www.tein.co.j...ducts/edfc.html

28,000 for chinese crap when these can be had for mid 40's.and pure adjustabilty.

Yes I can see all the advantages, in the Uk I had Bilstein very good, I will have to think about it, any idea how much to have this suspension fitted.

Okay if I order from Bangkok I will have to pay someone to fit the suspension, you know of somewhere?

There's a shop used to be on the by pass road, not much to look at but was an official Silverstone dealer at one point. Heading south towards the TESCO intersection on the left hand side. They are racers and have won a few championships in off road trucks but also do some circuit racing so could certainly handle a simple suspension install/upgrade.

Edited by WarpSpeed

You are aware that adding negative camber (leaning inwards) to your tires is going to shorten their life and ruin your stopping distance in both the wet and dry? But mostly the wet which it does considerably in Phuket.

You do realize the only purpose for negative camber is when you don't expect a lot of tire mileage cause you want to go fast and win a race and you have nice deep pockets to pay for them wearing down pretty quickly as it only helps your handling when you're going around corners not in a straight line.

Even then only if you're going through the corner with enough pace and grip to roll the tire back into a flat, upright position so that the tire is level traveling through the corner otherwise you're just burning off the inner 25% of your tread because the tire doesn't flex enough under normal cornering speeds, especially a performance tire with shorter, stiffer sidewalls..

Even many racers, especially here, don't understand that concept and put in too much negative camber and do more harm then good to their handling and tire wear..

Your car will be like a go kart once it's done,

Yes, and feel every bump like one too :whistling: ..

EDFC eliminates that, adjust the rebound to your liking or driving mood, soft for a long drive or commute but if you hit some twisties and you feel a little spirited you can hit the EDFC to hard setting and it rides much harder and handles great.

If he goes with the chinese crap, he is stuck with whatever ride it gives him let alone trust your life with it.

You have to ask yourself immediately, What grade aluminium do they use?

You are aware that adding negative camber (leaning inwards) to your tires is going to shorten their life and ruin your stopping distance in both the wet and dry? But mostly the wet which it does considerably in Phuket.

You do realize the only purpose for negative camber is when you don't expect a lot of tire mileage cause you want to go fast and win a race and you have nice deep pockets to pay for them wearing down pretty quickly as it only helps your handling when you're going around corners not in a straight line.

Even then only if you're going through the corner with enough pace and grip to roll the tire back into a flat, upright position so that the tire is level traveling through the corner otherwise you're just burning off the inner 25% of your tread because the tire doesn't flex enough under normal cornering speeds, especially a performance tire with shorter, stiffer sidewalls..

Even many racers, especially here, don't understand that concept and put in too much negative camber and do more harm then good to their handling and tire wear..

Correct.

I didn't even address the camber issue but if you don't mind going through 4 sets of tires a year, be my guest.

In short NO did not realize any of that, I do not do a lot of milage nor do I go very fast, my reason for this is purley the racer look, and yes I am sure in your opinion this is stupid but it's my car and at the moment I am considering all the options.

If your only going down an inch just put some springs in it.

It has already been lowered on Tein springs hence the need for adjustable suspension, but as I have said I am considering it and have not decided to do it.

For most of the roads around Phuket, a long soft suspension makes most car faster, as tyres are more often in contact with road. I have raced numerous cars around here, lowered, and they dont stand a chance on uneven surface, IOW South Thai roads. In addition to all the fireworks underneath the lowered car :)

Even a soft and long suspension like 2007-2011 Camry works better at high speed than same car with Tein only one inch lowered.

It has already been lowered on Tein springs hence the need for adjustable suspension, but as I have said I am considering it and have not decided to do it.

I hope you are not living in one of those ghettos with the speed bumps everywhere. :whistling:

an inch down should not really require adjustable platforms provided the spring rates are correct, if anything maybe some shorter shock absorbers but for a 1 inch drop I would be surprised if they are bottoming out.

Edited by Spoonman

For most of the roads around Phuket, a long soft suspension makes most car faster, as tyres are more often in contact with road. I have raced numerous cars around here, lowered, and they dont stand a chance on uneven surface, IOW South Thai roads. In addition to all the fireworks underneath the lowered car :)

Even a soft and long suspension like 2007-2011 Camry works better at high speed than same car with Tein only one inch lowered.

He drives a mazda 2, its hardly a sports car so I have feeling its more about looks than performance.

I hope you are not living in one of those ghettos with the speed bumps everywhere. :whistling:

LOL well the side skirts are 6 1/2 inches from the road surface, have been over some nasty bumps and no problem so far, as for performance I don't drive fast or coner fast to me a car is something to look at and drive carefully, so really all the modifications making the car look very fast is a waste of time, but it makes me happy and that is what's important.

Just had price for Tein basic street 43,000 bht Super street 59,000 plus 18,000 for EDFC what is EDFC? but to expensive any way.

Edited by kenny999

I have lowering springs on my honda civic. They said a one inch drop but its more like 2 inches.

I would suggest keep your lowering springs and get a rear camber kit if you car has dropped very low already. This kit will realign the rear wheels to reduce the negative camber you get when you use lowering springs. If your car is too low I can guarantee you will eat away at the inside of your tires, thus reducing their life. That has happened to me, as I don't have a camber kit. I'll probably fit one on my next change of tires.

Coil over would be nice and I'd use them to actually increase the height of my rear, not reduce it! I'm pretty sure the coilover tein springs are still stiffer than the regular teins you now have. So your ride will harden up as well compared to what you haver now. The tein coilovers would be 30-40K I guess (the edfc is extra on top of that), based on quotes I got before. Personally I would rather spend that kind on money on improving the front brakes.Good luck!

He drives a mazda 2, its hardly a sports car so I have feeling its more about looks than performance.

Yes it's a Mazda 2 which looks like a sports car so yes it is about looks and not performance!!

Cmon Kenny its a mazda 2 with some fibreglass and stickers, sports car it aint.

The parent company of the business I work for owns MCS (Mazda City Speed) in Bangkok , if you want some decent "improvements" (Google mazdacityspeed.com and click the autoexe link) that wont affect your warranty I can put you in contact with the main man there.

Cmon Kenny its a mazda 2 with some fibreglass and stickers, sports car it aint.

The parent company of the business I work for owns MCS (Mazda City Speed) in Bangkok , if you want some decent "improvements" (Google mazdacityspeed.com and click the autoexe link) that wont affect your warranty I can put you in contact with the main man there.

You do make me laugh, all Touring cars etc are cars with plastic bits and stickers so whats your point, to me yes me it looks like a touring car, if you don't approve then don't comment simple!!!

I will look at the site you have mentioned because I like cars with stickers plastic bits or not!! and what are decent improvements?

Just looked on Mazda speed site as far as I can see there are no Mazda 2 Sedans, and no car there looks anywhere near as good as mine!! plus they are all cars with plastic bits stuck on them!!!

Edited by kenny999