Coil Over Suspension

kenny999

Cmon Kenny its a mazda 2 with some fibreglass and stickers, sports car it aint.

The parent company of the business I work for owns MCS (Mazda City Speed) in Bangkok , if you want some decent "improvements" (Google mazdacityspeed.com and click the autoexe link) that wont affect your warranty I can put you in contact with the main man there.

You do make me laugh, all Touring cars etc are cars with plastic bits and stickers so whats your point, to me yes me it looks like a touring car, if you don't approve then don't comment simple!!!

I will look at the site you have mentioned because I like cars with stickers plastic bits or not!! and what are decent improvements?

Pretty sure touring cars have physical improvements to enhance the vehicle................... maybe you should also put in some neons for the full ricer effect....................

As for decent improvements, all of these Japanese items can be purchased from MCS and fitted correctly will enhance the ride and handling of your Mazda 2.

mde700tanpin.jpg

MDE7800.jpg

mde7600tanpin.jpg

MDY7605-1.jpg

mde460soucayku.jpg

mde450soucyaku.jpg

mde470fsoutyaku.jpg

mde470rsoutyaku.jpg

The parent company of the business I work for owns MCS (Mazda City Speed) in Bangkok , if you want some decent "improvements" (Google mazdacityspeed.com and click the autoexe link) that wont affect your warranty I can put you in contact with the main man there.

You do make me laugh, all Touring cars etc are cars with plastic bits and stickers so whats your point, to me yes me it looks like a touring car, if you don't approve then don't comment simple!!!

I will look at the site you have mentioned because I like cars with stickers plastic bits or not!! and what are decent improvements?

Pretty sure touring cars have physical improvements to enhance the vehicle................... maybe you should also put in some neons for the full ricer effect....................

As for decent improvements, all of these Japanese items can be purchased from MCS and fitted correctly will enhance the ride and handling of your Mazda 2.

mde700tanpin.jpg

MDE7800.jpg

mde7600tanpin.jpg

MDY7605-1.jpg

mde460soucayku.jpg

mde450soucyaku.jpg

mde470fsoutyaku.jpg

mde470rsoutyaku.jpg

Yes mate real touring cars are something completely different, not only do they look amazing they can back it all up with amazing power, my Mazda 2 Sedan looks amazing (my opinion and the opinion of many others that point and comment on the car) but it has not got the amazing power which I can not afford and do not need as I am not a boy racer!!

as for the coil overs I will not be getting this as I can not afford over 70,000 bht but if I could afford it I would get it, instead I will improve the car with some of the things you have shown me in your post which will not cost a lot, and yes I have a rear Blue LED Mazda badge and Blue LED in the front upper grill looks very good at night but not over the top, also just had the sound system done, red LED speakers and a very cool LED mazda speaker on the rear parcel shelf, the sound is amazing. what is the point of everything I have done to my car it's a very simple answer I love to look at the car, I love driving the car, and I love it when people look and say what a great looking and on a few occasions people have said very

beautiful, makes me happy!!!

Your car will be like a go kart once it's done,

Yes, and feel every bump like one too :whistling: ..

EDFC eliminates that, adjust the rebound to your liking or driving mood, soft for a long drive or commute but if you hit some twisties and you feel a little spirited you can hit the EDFC to hard setting and it rides much harder and handles great.

If he goes with the chinese crap, he is stuck with whatever ride it gives him let alone trust your life with it.

You have to ask yourself immediately, What grade aluminium do they use?

Surely you jest? If he changes the spring rates to go along with the dampers as he seems to be seeking and has adjustable ride height coil overs he's not going to be able to "eliminate" the harsh go kart like ride regardless of damper adjustability, just silly advice and contention on your part..Besides he himself stated that he's not up on the technology so how's he supposed to grasp the subtleties of performance requirements between compression and rebound and how it's going to effect his overall ride??

As for Chinese dampers and suspension components I don't know why you're directing your sermon towards me, I haven't advocated using another product besides Tein merely not using any such product at all under the circumstances especially on a new car it comes with suspension more then adequate for daily driving or at least wait until they've been broken in a few years from now..

I just put Konis on my rear but that was strictly for the purposes of additional support for a heavy rear end with an Lp tank and to replace worn out factory dampers..

OH! Also I forgot to mention in my earlier post to be careful about hydroplaning too with more negative camber as you will only have about 50% to 2/3rds the actual tire tread on the pavement for traction..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Okay will think about the Tein, one question to you both as you both know what you are talking about, regarding lowering, I have been told it is a no no to cutting the springs because it will destroy the ride quality which I can understand, at the moment its a difficult decision because all I want to do is lower the car a further maybe 1" so 50,000 bht plus fitting for this little adjustment is a lot of money.

These are fully adjustable.

There is a special spanner that is included that can raise and lower ride heights anytime you want.

The real reason for changing to coilovers should not be ride height but the advantages in the handling.

Your car will be like a go kart once it's done, it's racing suspension and the handling will surprise you with the adjustablity for soft medium or hard setup from the flick of a switch.

http://www.tein.co.j...ducts/edfc.html

28,000 for chinese crap when these can be had for mid 40's.and pure adjustabilty.

Yes I can see all the advantages, in the Uk I had Bilstein very good, I will have to think about it, any idea how much to have this suspension fitted.

you got any suspension problems or need answers go to COCKPIT..Phuket town they have done all types of lowering etc and can get you any suspension set up you need,they own most of the tyre,wheel,suspension brake shops on PHUKET,what they dont know nobody knows..

You are aware that adding negative camber (leaning inwards) to your tires is going to shorten their life and ruin your stopping distance in both the wet and dry? But mostly the wet which it does considerably in Phuket.

You do realize the only purpose for negative camber is when you don't expect a lot of tire mileage cause you want to go fast and win a race and you have nice deep pockets to pay for them wearing down pretty quickly as it only helps your handling when you're going around corners not in a straight line.

Even then only if you're going through the corner with enough pace and grip to roll the tire back into a flat, upright position so that the tire is level traveling through the corner otherwise you're just burning off the inner 25% of your tread because the tire doesn't flex enough under normal cornering speeds, especially a performance tire with shorter, stiffer sidewalls..

Even many racers, especially here, don't understand that concept and put in too much negative camber and do more harm then good to their handling and tire wear..

In short NO did not realize any of that, I do not do a lot of milage nor do I go very fast, my reason for this is purley the racer look, and yes I am sure in your opinion this is stupid but it's my car and at the moment I am considering all the options.

I never said nor implied stupid, those are your words, maybe you're just a bit defensive due to some other members ribbing. I do think it's entirely an unnecessary waste of money that's going to multiply into a continual waste of money, but hey it's your money as long as you're aware now that was my only intention and glad I was able to pass on some info and decades of track experience..

For your future tire resources and needs here's a useful link for you:

B-quick service centers

They'll love your negative camber settings, you'll get to be good friends..

JFYI proper toe settings now become an issue as well.. It's also curious to know just how you are going to explain to the alignment guys what camber settings they are actually supposed to set your car at now that you're going to be waaay outside of the factory specs??

Edited by WarpSpeed

Okay will think about the Tein, one question to you both as you both know what you are talking about, regarding lowering, I have been told it is a no no to cutting the springs because it will destroy the ride quality which I can understand, at the moment its a difficult decision because all I want to do is lower the car a further maybe 1" so 50,000 bht plus fitting for this little adjustment is a lot of money.

These are fully adjustable.

There is a special spanner that is included that can raise and lower ride heights anytime you want.

The real reason for changing to coilovers should not be ride height but the advantages in the handling.

Your car will be like a go kart once it's done, it's racing suspension and the handling will surprise you with the adjustablity for soft medium or hard setup from the flick of a switch.

http://www.tein.co.j...ducts/edfc.html

28,000 for chinese crap when these can be had for mid 40's.and pure adjustabilty.

Yes I can see all the advantages, in the Uk I had Bilstein very good, I will have to think about it, any idea how much to have this suspension fitted.

you got any suspension problems or need answers go to COCKPIT..Phuket town they have done all types of lowering etc and can get you any suspension set up you need,they own most of the tyre,wheel,suspension brake shops on PHUKET,what they dont know nobody knows..

Went to Cockpit today and even though they have a picture of a coil over on the front of the shop they did not have a clue about suspension, I talked to a guy that spoke english and he said try Phuket town some where, I said again you do suspension, answer no try Phuket some where!!1

I think I mentioned earlier that because of the expense I will not be getting coil overs!!

Edited by kenny999

If your only going down an inch just put some springs in it.

Yep, I'd agree with that and ditch the rest and especially the noticeable negative camber idea as for it to be noticeable enough to look like a race car it has to be way out and not at all suitable for daily road use..

For most of the roads around Phuket, a long soft suspension makes most car faster, as tyres are more often in contact with road. I have raced numerous cars around here, lowered, and they dont stand a chance on uneven surface, IOW South Thai roads. In addition to all the fireworks underneath the lowered car :)

Even a soft and long suspension like 2007-2011 Camry works better at high speed than same car with Tein only one inch lowered.

We often disagree on many things but I agree with you here. A tire not in proper contact with the road is not only far more dangerous in ALL conditions but especially in daily driving conditions and not for a novice (performace driving wise) on a daily driver strictly for the "cool" factor IMO..

Both the negative camber idea and the hard dampers and springs combination is going to create a more dangerous unstable driving platform that changes by large factors constantly and has little predictability save for the fact that it will be predictably unpredictable to a novice.. The tires will often loose full contact with the pavement over usually moderate bumps to the OEM dampers and springs..

Yep, he stands to open up a very large Pandoras box with this plan..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yep, I'd agree with that and ditch the rest and especially the noticeable negative camber idea as for it to be noticeable enough to look like a race car it has to be way out and not at all suitable for daily road use..

Yes as I have already said I am not going to do it because of the cost and obvious tyre problems etc, but I wanted to find out about it from people in the know, thanks to all that has helped with usefull information.

It has already been lowered on Tein springs hence the need for adjustable suspension, but as I have said I am considering it and have not decided to do it.

I hope you are not living in one of those ghettos with the speed bumps everywhere. :whistling:

Only in Ghettos :rolleyes: ?? I hadn't noticed, they seem to be every where with no distinction, even more so in the high end communities I frequent..

It has already been lowered on Tein springs hence the need for adjustable suspension, but as I have said I am considering it and have not decided to do it.

I hope you are not living in one of those ghettos with the speed bumps everywhere. :whistling:

Only in Ghettos :rolleyes: ?? I hadn't noticed, they seem to be every where with no distinction, even more so in the high end communities I frequent..

They are bloody every where, worse than the UK, makes you laugh though rumble bumps on the roads to make people go slower through red lights, lol

mde700tanpin.jpg

MDE7800.jpg

mde7600tanpin.jpg

MDY7605-1.jpg

mde460soucayku.jpg

mde450soucyaku.jpg

mde470fsoutyaku.jpg

mde470rsoutyaku.jpg

Yes mate real touring cars are something completely different, not only do they look amazing they can back it all up with amazing power, my Mazda 2 Sedan looks amazing (my opinion and the opinion of many others that point and comment on the car) but it has not got the amazing power which I can not afford and do not need as I am not a boy racer!!

as for the coil overs I will not be getting this as I can not afford over 70,000 bht but if I could afford it I would get it, instead I will improve the car with some of the things you have shown me in your post which will not cost a lot, and yes I have a rear Blue LED Mazda badge and Blue LED in the front upper grill looks very good at night but not over the top, also just had the sound system done, red LED speakers and a very cool LED mazda speaker on the rear parcel shelf, the sound is amazing. what is the point of everything I have done to my car it's a very simple answer I love to look at the car, I love driving the car, and I love it when people look and say what a great looking and on a few occasions people have said very

beautiful, makes me happy!!!

I'll make only this comment, some "boy racer" may admire your car more then you're hoping for if you add too many red flags..Just a thought..

For most of the roads around Phuket, a long soft suspension makes most car faster, as tyres are more often in contact with road. I have raced numerous cars around here, lowered, and they dont stand a chance on uneven surface, IOW South Thai roads. In addition to all the fireworks underneath the lowered car :)

Even a soft and long suspension like 2007-2011 Camry works better at high speed than same car with Tein only one inch lowered.

We often disagree on many things but I agree with you here. A tire not in proper contact with the road is not only far more dangerous in ALL conditions but especially in daily driving conditions and not for a novice (performace driving wise) on a daily driver strictly for the "cool" factor IMO..

Both the negative camber idea and the hard dampers and springs combination is going to create a more dangerous unstable driving platform that changes by large factors constantly and has little predictability save for the fact that it will be predictably unpredictable to a novice.. The tires will often loose full contact with the pavement over usually moderate bumps to the OEM dampers and springs..

NOT GETTING IT !! but I do see quite a few of these VIP modified Camrys with negative camber rears, I think it looks good so I wanted to find out about it, I have and now think it is a bad idea.

Yes as I have already said I am not going to do it because of the cost and obvious tyre problems etc, but I wanted to find out about it from people in the know, thanks to all that has helped with usefull information.

Actually I hadn't seen you post that but it's a sensible decision..

Check out my post regarding the shop on the by pass Rd for your installation, English may be a problem though if you don't have someone to go with, one lady there the owners sister understands and speaks some when she's there though not sure how much she'll understand but since they know she'll probably be able to explain enough to get your request fulfilled..

NOT GETTING IT !! but I do see quite a few of these VIP modified Camrys with negative camber rears, I think it looks good so I wanted to find out about it, I have and now think it is a bad idea.

I see that now, but if you noticed I'm responding to an early post in the thread..

I'll make only this comment, some "boy racer" may admire your car more then you're hoping for if you add too many red flags..Just a thought..

Okay so people should not buy things because of the possibility of it being stolen, if I could afford my dream car Nissen GTR I would buy it and not worry about scum bags stealing it, if we all did that none of us would have anything!!!

Found this quote on google in relation to rear wheel camber.

Question then is, are you willing to go to all this expense and bother and future maintenance problems for the advantage of rear wheel camber? This is not a modification to take lightly in a daily driver street car because of the long term maintenance problems.

Thanks again to all for the information regarding rear wheel camber.