Do You Use Thaivisa Chat

jayenram

IMO reason is

1 (if members live in TH) morning time , they have to work , so what can they do just only read / post in furum.. can't just take a seat and chat for long.

2 (if they live in farangland) maybe they are rolling on the bed and snoring.

3 preference ... some like chat , some not.

if you want to see much people there.. log in around 10-11pm TH time (and i never seen you there that time , yorky)

Bambi :o

(if members live in TH)  morning time , they have to work , so what can they do just  only  read / post in furum.. can't just take a seat and  chat for  long.

Too true Bambi. :o

I've dropped by occasionally, but being at work I cannot stay for any extended periods.

Forum reading and posting does not require the same level of continuity of subject matter/conversation.

Ya know what I mean? :D

Edited by Jai Dee

I use the chat and I guess I'm a regular on there. I usually go on the chat late at night and sometimes I go in the chat early morning and thats when I talk to you Yorky!

But I enjoy the chat, aswell as having some laughs on there I've gotten to know thaivisa members quite well and also a few members I didn't even know existed! I think the most in chat has been about 12 and again, that was at night.

I've been in BKK chat before and I don't know why it attracts as many people as it does but I would of thought more people to be in thaivisa chat. Less of the "A/s/l" rubbish :o

Anyway if any of you members have some free time to waste you know where the chat is :D

doesn't work form my office cause of security measures

Same, same. Doesn't work - can also get away with sneaking a read and a post between 'work tasks' - couldn't get away with chat all day. Don't usually log on at home at all, so all from the opfit.

I think that “chatting” is the worst part of the communication’s revolution.

I’ve always thought that “chatting” a la chattering classes is a total waste of time – there is always something better to do.

Having said that, I’ve nothing against the odd chin-wag with the local pensioner whilst taking the dog out for a walk.

But via the computer?

Nah – IMHO watching, listening and thinking are much better past-times.

The conversations people have in the TV chat room are extremely boring. There is not enough to hold an interest for over 5 min.

Perhaps a TV celeberty (such as Lopburi3) discussing visa issues on a specific date at a specific time would generate interest. Or, maybe the sponsers of TV would like to have a specific time to plug their product and answer questions from TV members about their services (this would be a bonus for sponsers).

Simple enough to arrange. Just get an agreement from a subject matter expert and post the date and time of the event. The same advertising TV used for the last party they had would probably work well in advertising the chat room event.

You could even have some kind of prize awarded to someone in the chat room.

Maybe the sponsers will pay for a TV t-shirt with the logos from the sponsers on the sleaves. All TV would have to do is pick a winner.

People love freebies. The thought of something free might be enough to create interest.

The conversations people have in the TV chat room are extremely boring. There is not enough to hold an interest for over 5 min.

Perhaps a TV celeberty (such as Lopburi3) discussing visa issues on a specific date at a specific time would generate interest. Or, maybe the sponsers of TV would like to have a specific time to plug their product and answer questions from TV members about their services (this would be a bonus for sponsers). 

Simple enough to arrange. Just get an agreement from a subject matter expert and post the date and time of the event. The same advertising TV used for the last party they had would probably work well in advertising the chat room event.

Maybe the sponsers will pay for a TV t-shirt with the logos from the sponsers on the sleaves. All TV would have to do is pick a winner.

People love freebies. The thought of something free might be enough to create interest.

If the conversation is boring. Then why not try and get people talking about something? Instead of just saying its boring. Maybe its not to those involved? Just a thought. I think the chat forum is cool for just sprouting off what ever you want with people who might have a view abouit it. Or just to share some laughs with people. Its not meant to be real serious . Is it?

:o:D

If the conversation is boring. Then why not try and get people talking about something? Instead of just saying its boring. Maybe its not to those involved? Just a thought. I think the chat forum is cool for just sprouting off what ever you want with people who might have a view abouit it. Or just to share some laughs with people. Its not meant to be real  serious . Is it?

:o  :D

Thats it Jockstar... I believe the chat should be spontaneous, and definately a laugh..., if you want to chat about something in particular, then come in and ask the question, you may or may not get a decent answer, it all depends who is in their, but you'll have a laugh for sure. We had a new poster called Leezer come in last week and ask some questions with regards to her up and coming trip to LOS, She left with some answers and had a good laugh I hope :D

totster :D

If the conversation is boring. Then why not try and get people talking about something? Instead of just saying its boring. Maybe its not to those involved? Just a thought. I think the chat forum is cool for just sprouting off what ever you want with people who might have a view abouit it. Or just to share some laughs with people. Its not meant to be real serious . Is it?

:o:D

I do agree with you Jockstar, chat rooms are cool for talking but I think it can be a tool for serious issues as well.

In the United States, the US Army has a chat room for recruiting new recruits. Thousands of leads are generated monthly which leads to auctual contracts for service in the US Army.

I think using TV chat room just for laughs and casual chat is why people don't go there. Many people use Yahoo's Thailand chat rooms for that.

The TV chat room is in a unique position of bringing people from around the world together to chat about their favorite subject, Thailand. People out there are hungry for information about Thailand. A set schedule of chat room subjects would bring people from the Yahoo chat rooms to the TV chat rooms.

If the chat room had more appeal more people would be in it now. It's 8pm Friday night. There is 1 person there. I have never seen more than 8 people in the chat room. If it wasn't boring, there would be more people there.

Yahoo chat has 689 people in it right now. And in the last 45 min, TV has had 385 users.

Why don't I use it.....because its boring.

The question was asked if you use the chat room. If not, why not. This is my answer.

Edited by richard10365

I think it's a bad idea.

You just think too mut.

:o

I pop in every now and again...  :D

toaster  :D

Rarely have I come across Toast in the chat.... So rarely.... (can´t get on there for his permenant presence.... :D ) :D

It's 8pm Friday night. There is 1 person there.

:D

totster :D

Totster... Very well put.